AMS Suburbs vs. Centre

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
CessKoBar

AMS Suburbs vs. Centre

Post by CessKoBar »

Hi all

I'm planning a short trip with a couple of mates in a few weeks.
We were thinking off visiting mostly shops in the southern areas of AMS (De Kade, DNA, Roxy, Katsu, Clud Media etc).

Is there a difference in quality? When looking at the menus the prices are significantly cheaper outside the centre.
But does this also mean quality is worse?

I would love some info on these southern AMS shops, how do they compare to the others?

Cheers!

Kermit

Re: AMS Suburbs vs. Centre

Post by Kermit »

Suburbs win, better customer service, more chilled shops, possibility of saving a couple of euros a gram, had less bad products from shops outside the centrum, get bikes or tram passes and get round them during the daytime then head in to town for chaos on the evening/night.

Check recent prices here
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm

There is also a couple of trip reports on here with some of the shops you listed, roll a fatty and have a read :wink:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

ill echo kermits response. better quality, more welcoming and better prices await you on the outside of the canal belt.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

It's nice getting to know other parts of the city also, I've done a good bit of West and South, but have yet to conquer the East.

Worth looking at this thread too.....http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 83#p416883
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
CessKoBar

Post by CessKoBar »

Ok, thanks for the replies guys!

Will try to make a small trip report, maybe some menu pics as well...

Cheers!
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

I'll let you know my thoughts, as I'm hoping to find out for myself in a couple of days - noon, katsu, het ballonetje and Eastwood are all on "my hit list" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

only 4 more sleeps ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Smell the flowers while you canโœŒ๏ธ
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Daz1976 wrote: โ†‘Mon 17th Sep 2018 11:39 pm I'll let you know my thoughts, as I'm hoping to find out for myself in a couple of days - noon, katsu, het ballonetje and Eastwood are all on "my hit list" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

only 4 more sleeps ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
noon is hit and miss, nice guys tho. you will find they are one of the places that insists on purchases, bud can be hit and miss but the GSC was fantastic and the diesel they do there is fairly consistent.
katsu very good offerings and i like the rounded numbers on the menu
ballonetje ive been twice, the first time i was mega impressed, the second time was more meh, i look forward to my 3rd visit.
eastwood is a good gaff, only been in once but nice enough place, memory is abit hazy to comment.

i think you will have a great time, look forward to reading all about it
ignoring spellcheck since 1986