October-Early November trip

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Bob2

October-Early November trip

Post by Bob2 »

Hi All..

so planning a 2-3 day trip to Eindhoven, but I read you can buy again in Tilberg? is that so?? I will have to fit that in as well if we can. will pop into dam on train for the day as well. Hopefully we have some ACDers in dam at the same time ill have time for a Toke and Talk meet up. its a great news trip so gotta celebrate in style, but not my normal mental way ,I wont want to visit every coffeeshop by the first morning. so questions..

is foodhallun and pigs and bulls still up and running ?
can you buy in tilberg aigan? what about breda?
best top 5 coffeeshops in dam, tilburg at the mo
fav bars you can smoke at in dam, tilburg
anything new or weird in dam, tilburg?

thanks for any replies

Bob2

Re: October-Early November trip

Post by Bob2 »

So nearly booked up for 9th - 11th October ( Tuesday to Thursday).

Staying in eindhoven and getting a train to dam on Wednesday morning. so list to do leave central station, visit siberie coffeeshop, 1 e hulp, foodhullen, vondel park maybe? depending on time, i amsterdam sign, de graal, maybe albert cypmarkt?, greenplace, cannabis collage, RLD, voyagers, bratavia, OBA library. it needs more adding to it, I know but I aint been to dam in over 2 years I think? and I don't wish to waste my money on expensive below average goods, if you know of coffeeshops on or close to my route please tell me and even things to do and places to visit.

are you in amsterdam on the same day, lets meet and get hammered?

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Ages since I have seen a good old Stuart map plan :mrgreen:
WLow

Post by WLow »

OMG :mrgreen:

from de Graal to 1hulp is hella walk :mrgreen:

must skip the food hallen.

edit: am having it wrong it's from central to de graal, love this map
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

You have been posted on the October Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay. ( Sierra130 all three days )

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop! ( What time are you planning to be at Siberie? it could be a
meet up T&T for the crawl. )

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

I will be getting a few trams, what! Skip Foodhullen? Never. Without a plan I'll just go to coffeeshops, adding spirit to the list though.

so has anyone been lately to dam and have any recommendations of coffeeshops, weed or hash. I could do with an extra few places to visit, maybe a nice pub with a great outside space if it's really hot( bonus points if you can smoke weed too). And looking for something else to visit? Adding roor shop, there is something I want to buy.

So, I ain't really smoked a thing in a long time, and I will get lost immediately and end up falling asleep in the gutter somewhere.
I could make detailed stop by stop maps if anyone wants? But this is for a 6 - 7 ish hour stay in Dam. I'll take lots of pics for trip report.

Any recommendations anyone?
Stu..
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Voyagers to roll for the road, then of to Het Ballonnetje, solo is on the way for a pit stop :mrgreen:

Food I can't help with, it gets erased from my needs once I get off the plane.

Enjoy
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Bob2 wrote: Thu 20th Sep 2018 09:47 pm can you buy in tilberg aigan? what about breda?
Tilburg: Yes
Breda: No
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

Thanks RoMoney/ Kermit, all booked in so no Tilburg this trip, just eindhoven and dam this time. Ro, do you know if Tilburg is good next year for tourists? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything on it except your trip report ( thanks) will be trying out that breakfast joint you mentioned :D . added solo to list. Come on 9th October, and 420 2019

RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Bob2 wrote: Mon 1st Oct 2018 07:05 pm do you know if Tilburg is good next year for tourists? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything on it except your trip report ( thanks) will be trying out that breakfast joint you mentioned :D .
I think the local authority is to review the situation at some point, but have not heard yet. The brekkie place is great, enjoy!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Foodhallen* is still up and running, and the Bull & Dogs (the gourmet hotdog place right?) is still in action - I was just at Foodhallen last night so can confirm with the most up-to-date knowledge possible.

Finding good reliable places in Amsterdam these days is tough though my recommendations if I were to take somewhat of a shot in the dark from both anecdotal snippets, and my own experience: Voyagers, Easy Times, 2e Kamer, Sinsemilla, Solo, Eastwood, The Stud, maybe Plug, maybe Boer establishment for their hazes if anything (though I'm rather displeased with their marketing tactics as of late), Dampkring Original. Edit: Ballonnetje and Baba also deserve mention I reckon.

Tilburg has indeed repealed the wietpas. Breda, wasn't aware they were even wietpas (or coffeehshop period) town - but if they were I haven't heard anything so I doubt they're open to tourists.

Best smoker bars is still the usual suspects of Hillstreet Blues and Batavia - Sound Garden if the sun is beaming and the temps lukewarm and above (fat chance from this time of year onward). The Plug lounge is not very 'gezellig' and the crowd is not my kind of crowd, but fuck me if their food from what I've sampled isn't up to scratch - excellent chicken and waffles, and I fully expect their full English Brekkie would follow suit.

If you are a vaper (which I believe you've mentioned you are) Cafe Belgique allows vape use inside (it's tiny with limited seating so move quick) and of course unabated cannabis consumption on it's front-area benchess.

Think that covers most of your inquires, give a shout when you're around - I'll try to refrain from acting like a total nutjob as I'm so often do with unparalleled skill :mrgreen:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

Thanks DeLekkersteNUGS16,

some great advice there thanks, saw bulls and pigs was still at foodhullen, but thanks for that confirmation. I love vaping, odds we dont go to bar but if any of those are on my route we might go. with coffeeshops well I aint smoked really in ages, and my mate is such a lightweight when they ask him what he wants, he replies whats the worst stuff you sell, I have about 8 ish coffeeshops on my list for a 7 ish hour Dam stay + plus lots of other shit.
Do you live in Dam? quite a few hear have met me in dam, and most would call me a total nutjob too
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

if your in town. Toke&Talk, Wednesday 10th Voyagers 6pm
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Bob2 wrote: Sun 7th Oct 2018 08:28 am if your in town. Toke&Talk, Wednesday 10th Voyagers 6pm
Posted on the October Whos In Town page.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 2nd Oct 2018 11:04 am The Plug lounge is not very 'gezellig' and the crowd is not my kind of crowd, but fuck me if their food from what I've sampled isn't up to scratch - excellent chicken and waffles, and I fully expect their full English Brekkie would follow suit.
:mrgreen:
Sorry to hijack but the plug has a lounge? As in seperate from the coffeeshop? And you can smoke and eat? Cant find any other info of this online