Fancy or posh coffeeshop?

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
jama22999

Fancy or posh coffeeshop?

Post by jama22999 »

Hello, I am going to Amsterdam with my wife this December. Can you guys give me some advice as to a nice coffee shop I can take her to? Looking for somewhere 'posh' or more upscale, as opposed to somewhere with the best weed. Is there such a place?

Thanks in advance

Kermit

Re: Fancy or posh coffeeshop?

Post by Kermit »

Posh CS not 100% sure what you mean by posh so presuming you mean clean and inviting. A fair few suggestions in this thread.
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/ ... =3&t=35879.
tally ho old chap and enjoy your spliffing expedition. (Thought I would go posh on ya) :wink:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

What dates will you be in Amsterdam?
I'll post you on the Whos In Town page.
You can see who else may be in town and any Toke & Talks that are planned.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your mouse do the walking
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

May I suggest new times? My wife's favourite (and I quite like it too😜). Friendly staff, good vibes, no crowds of guys (always see plenty of couples in here) and to top it off, nice weed and hash - total all rounder
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
Absolem710

Post by Absolem710 »

If the missus likes the finer things in life, with that little bit extra, Boerejongens will give that experience. You'll pay roughly €1 extra on most lines, but you can garuntee it will be top spec and the good lady will get the service she is used to in a perfume of shoe shop. Don't mean to generalise, but you know what I mean!

Check out their ad....
https://youtu.be/vFyOjHB20EE
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Absolem710 wrote: Sat 27th Oct 2018 07:16 pm If the missus likes the finer things in life, with that little bit extra, Boerejongens will give that experience. You'll pay roughly €1 extra on most lines, but you can garuntee it will be top spec and the good lady will get the service she is used to in a perfume of shoe shop. Don't mean to generalise, but you know what I mean!

Check out their ad....
https://youtu.be/vFyOjHB20EE
hahahahaha

From a female pov: did you ever see it look like that? it is usually piled thick with mostly men/boys buying weed. There is a SMALL smoking room upstairs - if you are lucky, you can sit in one of the 2 chairs. otherwise enjoy squatting on a stool in a small smoke filled cubicle. Not my idea of posh. that word really does not come to mind when thinking of coffeeshops. Cleanest and most comfortable imho is coffeeshop137. Have always met the most interesting couples there and have enjoyed many great conversations and connections...and the weed is better than many others. If your lady enjoys the finer things - do not miss the opportunity to take her to Senses restaurant (make reservations in advance)
https://www.sensesrestaurant.nl
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

worldcitizen1723 wrote: Sat 27th Oct 2018 08:39 pm
hahahahaha

From a female pov: did you ever see it look like that? it is usually piled thick with mostly men/boys buying weed. There is a SMALL smoking room upstairs - if you are lucky, you can sit in one of the 2 chairs. otherwise enjoy squatting on a stool in a small smoke filled cubicle. Not my idea of posh. that word really does not come to mind when thinking of coffeeshops.

Cleanest and most comfortable imho is coffeeshop137. Have always met the most interesting couples there and have enjoyed many great conversations and connections...and the weed is better than many others.

I can't comment on the restaurant as I've never been. I will echo worldcitizen1723's words on coffeeshop137. Eddie and Gina_Bo_Bina shared a "toke -n-talk" there about five (5) years ago. We laughed about older citizens connecting and scoring in the states. I look like Old white guy, middle class republican, while her beau looked like an "Ozzie" clone, yet we both had some trouble getting connected. I said, "If Ozzie can't score, what hope do I have!" Good news, we are both doing O.K. in that area!!

Visited 137 again on my latest trip, still a good place!! Friendly and clean!