I feel like treating myself to an Amsterdam adventure, dammit!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
FenixNYC

I feel like treating myself to an Amsterdam adventure, dammit!

Post by FenixNYC »

What's up board?

This is the first time I've logged in in close to 7 years, used to be a regular visitor of ACD but life, parenthood and career obligations made it tougher and tougher to visit Amsterdam like I've done in the past.

A funny thing though, out of nowhere yesterday I had the itch.

So I've decided, I'm going back!

I've already researched some flights in March and have found a pretty sweet deal for around $580 via KLM.

For a hotel I'm looking at the Koopermoolen on Warmoesstraat. I've previously stayed in the Mallemoolen during my last trip, and the Greenhouse Effect before that. Is GE even open any longer as s hotel?

I see the Koopermoolen has private bathrooms so if true and it's nicer than the Mallemoolen I'm sold.

It's been close to ten years since my last trip and I figured why the hell not?

I'm older, wiser and a hell of a lot more financially stable to put a dent in Amsterdam the way I really want to at this point my life.

anyone else going to be in town around that time? I'm looking at March 28th through April 2nd.

Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
gapie

Re: I feel like treating myself to an Amsterdam adventure, dammit!

Post by gapie »

FenixNYC wrote: Sat 29th Dec 2018 07:37 am What's up board?

This is the first time I've logged in in close to 7 years, used to be a regular visitor of ACD but life, parenthood and career obligations made it tougher and tougher to visit Amsterdam like I've done in the past.

A funny thing though, out of nowhere yesterday I had the itch.

So I've decided, I'm going back!

I've already researched some flights in March and have found a pretty sweet deal for around $580 via KLM.

For a hotel I'm looking at the Koopermoolen on Warmoesstraat. I've previously stayed in the Mallemoolen during my last trip, and the Greenhouse Effect before that. Is GE even open any longer as s hotel?

I see the Koopermoolen has private bathrooms so if true and it's nicer than the Mallemoolen I'm sold.

It's been close to ten years since my last trip and I figured why the hell not?

I'm older, wiser and a hell of a lot more financially stable to put a dent in Amsterdam the way I really want to at this point my life.

anyone else going to be in town around that time? I'm looking at March 28th through April 2nd.
cool :mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

FenixNYC wrote: Sat 29th Dec 2018 07:37 amanyone else going to be in town around that time? I'm looking at March 28th through April 2nd.
You have been posted on the March and April Whos In Town pages.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Looking for recommendations on the best 4 or 5 gram specials going around at the moment.

I was checking out Noon's 3 gram Blueberry deal but based on what I've read unsure if I want to journey over if the smoke is subpar. I like having a nice stash of lower shelf bud to use as a base to mix (I don't smoke tobacco) and the 5 gram special of Blueberry I picked up from Mellow Yellow way back when was on point but alas, I know MY is no more.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

FenixNYC wrote: Tue 29th Jan 2019 05:02 pm Looking for recommendations on the best 4 or 5 gram specials going around at the moment.

I was checking out Noon's 3 gram Blueberry deal but based on what I've read unsure if I want to journey over if the smoke is subpar. I like having a nice stash of lower shelf bud to use as a base to mix (I don't smoke tobacco) and the 5 gram special of Blueberry I picked up from Mellow Yellow way back when was on point but alas, I know MY is no more.

Noon and mellow yellow = same owner

Noon isn’t the nicest place to chill and thy are strict on the old buy or fly rule (buy weed and buy drinks or leave) they do tend to have some decent stuff on the menu
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 29th Jan 2019 08:34 pm
FenixNYC wrote: Tue 29th Jan 2019 05:02 pm Looking for recommendations on the best 4 or 5 gram specials going around at the moment.

Noon and mellow yellow = same owner

Noon isn’t the nicest place to chill and thy are strict on the old buy or fly rule (buy weed and buy drinks or leave) they do tend to have some decent stuff on the menu
Thanks for the insight.

I've just been compiling a list of shops slightly outside the usual area around the center and thought it would be an option.

I'm definitely making it a priority to check out Katsu, 1e Hulp, Kashmir Lounge and Boerjongens though.

I'd love to check out The Stud too but doubt I'll be renting a bike or venturing that far.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

You can get 4.3g/4.4g of Amnesia and Super Skunk for €35 in Bluebird.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 8th Feb 2019 09:33 am
You can get 4.3g/4.4g of Amnesia and Super Skunk for €35 in Bluebird.
Thanks for the tip!
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

Not long to go now 😄 Look forward to hearing all about it, loving the idea of having 5g bag to use as a base instead of tobacco 👍 I see solo are doing an outdoor purple haze 5g for €30, deal might be worth checking out .....
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

2x post
Last edited by FenixNYC on Sat 23rd Mar 2019 02:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Daz1976 wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2019 12:06 am Not long to go now 😄 Look forward to hearing all about it, loving the idea of having 5g bag to use as a base instead of tobacco 👍 I see solo are doing an outdoor purple haze 5g for €30, deal might be worth checking out .....
Appreciate the tip.

Solo is going to be one of my first stops, if not THE first stop, so would work out perfectly.

My plan is to focus on just the shops I've never been to before first and then hit my favorite spots like Grey Area & Green Place.

The checklist is as follows (in no particular order):

Solo
Paradox
Voyagers (staying in hotel Days 3-5)
Abraxas (to check out the space, not the bud)
Mr. K's
Katsu
Kashmir Lounge
1e Hulp
Het Ballojen
Boerjongens
Bagheera
Bluebird
The Plug
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Post by Frankie_cheeseboy ;) »

Haha good stuff mate I too had a 7 year gap of not going, I think the whole faff with the weed pass played a part in that.
Gutted I'm gonna miss you by a week goin on the 9th, have fun anyway dude.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I enjoyed a great experience at CS Crush if you are looking for random, off the beaten path, CSs.

Happy strain hunting!
Devore

Post by Devore »

FenixNYC wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2019 02:21 am The checklist is as follows (in no particular order):
Solo
Paradox
Mr. K's
Katsu
Kashmir Lounge
1e Hulp
Het Ballojen
Boerjongens
Bagheera
Bluebird
The Plug
You should try the Lemon Bubble Cakes in Voyagers... so tasty and a good hit. Also if you go to solo I HIGHly recommend the Girl Scout Gelato if its on there.

Have a god trip pal!
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

LLMReb wrote: Sun 24th Mar 2019 06:16 pm I enjoyed a great experience at CS Crush if you are looking for random, off the beaten path, CSs.

Happy strain hunting!
Always love random off the beaten path places - thanks for the suggestion!

Devore wrote: Tue 26th Mar 2019 11:29 am
FenixNYC wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2019 02:21 am The checklist is as follows (in no particular order):
Solo
Paradox
Mr. K's
Katsu
Kashmir Lounge
1e Hulp
Het Ballojen
Boerjongens
Bagheera
Bluebird
The Plug
You should try the Lemon Bubble Cakes in Voyagers... so tasty and a good hit. Also if you go to solo I HIGHly recommend the Girl Scout Gelato if its on there.

Have a god trip pal!
Thanks for the recommendations!

A few grams of that Lemon Bubble is definitely on my agenda and I see Voyagers alsojust added some Watermelon Zkittles to the menu which looks really good.

Can't wait for Solo, will check out the GS Gelato if it's still around this weekend. Really curious about the Lavender Kush too.

Bringing my laptop so will try and do some live updates along the way, and definitely post some pics when I'm home.