48 hours in Amsterdam - Around the edges

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
GreenGold

48 hours in Amsterdam - Around the edges

Post by GreenGold »

Short stay in early May. Probably visited between 10 and 15 times, but this is the first visit in four years.

The last couple of visits were a bit mediocre due to old favorites closing down and the weed quality taking a downturn (not sure if I got unlucky, but reading a lot of the reviews here, declining weed standards seems to be a thing).

So, I'm planning to focus (if that's the right word) on coffeeshops out of the center. So far, I'm thinking of hitting up:

De Kade
The Stud
De Bommel
De Pijp area (papillon, yo-yo, maybe Carmona and Nice Place for old times sake).

Any recommendations/updates would be welcome.

Thanks and happy smoking

FlyByNite

Re: 48 hours in Amsterdam - Around the edges

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

What dates will you be in Amsterdam?
I'll post you on the Whos In Town page.
You can see who else may be in town and any Toke & Talks that are planned.

If you want to get way out of Centrum, take the 15 minute train ride to Haarlem.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your mouse do the walking
GreenGold

Post by GreenGold »

Thanks for the reply.

Will be there from May 3 to May 5.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

I'll just miss you - arriving on the 5th

Het ballonetje is nice - plenty of good reviews (weed, hash and atmosphere!!) and out of the centrum, my recommendation 😆

I'm sure you will have a ball wherever you end up and can't wait to read all about it ✌️
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

GreenGold wrote: Sat 20th Apr 2019 07:50 amWill be there from May 3 to May 5.

You have been posted on the May Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

The Balloon has our recommendations also, and would add;

Warda (either out east or in de Pijp), Eastwood (out east) and baba (out west, and if you love going a bit outside the trodden path, and maybe even something edgy, do see if you can squeeze a quick trip out to see noord, there are even a few shops out there with OK offerings on the herb side and very nice hash.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

I can only recommend The Stud! Such a nice Coffeeshop and very good offers. Also, good prices if you are looking for good deals.
GreenGold

Post by GreenGold »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Arrived late last night. Stopped off at De Kade Coffeeshop on the way to the hotel. Not sure how to embed pics here (?), but this is what I noticed.

Service

Was very good. The budtender was cool, polite and professional. I didn't ask to look closely at the goods, but I think it would have been fine. Quality and weighing of bud seemed fine.

Smoking Area

Was very smoky but kept clean. It was busy (Friday night), had a dark green modern bar look. The music was mediocre club jazz. Tables and chairs were fine; there was a snack vending machine, drinks etc. The cat appeared for a while and ran the room; was in good health. Definitely worth hanging for a while at least.

Weed

Bought 2 grams of Super Silver Haze. Bearing in mind I was having my first smoke in a while and had just had a bad throat infection, I thought it was a decent smoke with a smooth inhale, though the immediate after effect was a bit rough. From then on, it was a gradual, somewhat heady high. It's effects were relatively strong and a nice way to get into Amsterdam.

Also bought 2 grams of White widow even though I had no intention to. Would neither claim it to be great not some of the poorer stuff I've got on recent trips. It was a smooth smoke and definitely had an effect, even it somewhat monotomous. 2 grams for 16 was a reasonable deal.

Would recommend as a good place to drop by if you come to Zuid from Schipol. Probably wouldn't be a place to stay all day, but is good value-for-money.
I will try to figure out uploading pics.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Nice start; I like de Kade, and remember the cat. The easiest way to post pictures is to upload them to a site like Imgur and then post the link they give you.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

Nice star to your trip green gold, I'm arriving tomorrow ( barring delays😬), can't wait, hoping I can get to sleep tonight lol 😆😆
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
GreenGold

Post by GreenGold »

Went out west to De Bommel.

Service

Budtender was a bit sketchy and wanted me to take off sunglasses before letting me into smoking area - maybe he was just making sure I was stoned and not drunk.
The weigh seemed ok.

Venue

The smoking area is a small stand-up area with high tables. It was fine for skinning up etc and having a quick smoke, but wasn't the type of place to get comfortable in. Seemed to plenty of drink choices; I stuck to smoking.

Weed

Bought some of their Amnesia Haze at 10 euros a gram. It was well cured and a very smooth smoke. Long-lasting though not particularly strong hit.

Their menu was pretty comprehensive.

Good buy, quick smoke and fly menu.