The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Nuggz

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Post by Nuggz »

Ghost wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 03:18 pm Are we thinking of hiring the smoke boat or another boat for a little tour of some canals? what do we reckon if we can get a few of us that are up for it and maybe rent something?
Sloepdelen or Mokumboot

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yes, the boat trip!
First maybe check out the thread on last year's boat planning.

In the end last year we went on the rather posh cruiser formerly known as Ganja. The only trouble is that we'd need at least 10 people to make that worth doing. We thought we had 12 last year but a few didn't make it (see travelogue). Smokeboat is even bigger, in fact they seem to have acquired a still larger boat recently.

The boats Nugs suggests might be smaller and more appropriate.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 08:50 pm Yes, the boat trip!

In the end last year we went on the rather posh cruiser formerly known as Ganja. The only trouble is that we'd need at least 10 people to make that worth doing. We thought we had 12 last year but a few didn't make it (see travelogue). Smokeboat is even bigger, in fact they seem to have acquired a still larger boat recently.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction Lemming. I looked up Nugs websites, really nice boats for a small group and the price would be cheaper.
On the other hand, if and this a BIG if. If we can get enough people committed I would prefer the comfort and size of the Ganja or Smokeboat. :D
But it all depends how many people are going to be here this year and want to party on a boat for 2 hours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
gapie

Post by gapie »

3 months toooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 09:22 pm
Lemming wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 08:50 pm Yes, the boat trip!

Thanks for leading me in the right direction Lemming. I looked up Nugs websites, really nice boats for a small group and the price would be cheaper.
On the other hand, if and this a BIG if. If we can get enough people committed I would prefer the comfort and size of the Ganja or Smokeboat. :D
But it all depends how many people are going to be here this year and want to party on a boat for 2 hours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 07:27 pm
Ghost wrote: Wed 29th Jan 2020 03:18 pm Are we thinking of hiring the smoke boat or another boat for a little tour of some canals? what do we reckon if we can get a few of us that are up for it and maybe rent something?
Sloepdelen or Mokumboot
Thanks Nugs, those boats would be ideal if we only have a few of us interested in renting one and the price would be cheaper all round :thumbup: and if there are limited numbers then these are the obvious choice, I may have used them before in the past but in a hazy fog I can't remember if it was them or another :D

I am with AZLaker if we can get enough of us together willing to do the boat, then I would also like the comfort of a bigger boat like SmokeBoat or the Canna-Cruise boat as I think this would just be a better experience for ourselves and anyone else that has never done the boat and smoking scene :D

AZ here's the link for the canna-cruise boat www.canna-cruise.nl which can be rented privately or social and has a volcano on board and a rosin press for us dab heads :mrgreen: and here's www.smokeboat.com I like the look of both of these boats, smoke-boat I went on years ago, but I can not comment on the canna-cruise one.

@Lemming I was looking at the boat planning over the past years and there are quite a few years that it never quite happened :D now was that down to poor planning? or just not enough people or the most obvious 'You were all way to stoned' and never quite made it :lol: but you also have had some cracking boat rides over the last few years especially the last couple, lets see if we can make this one a great one between us all :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Thu 30th Jan 2020 04:15 pm AZ here's the link for the canna-cruise boat www.canna-cruise.nl which can be rented privately or social and has a volcano on board and a rosin press for us dab heads :mrgreen: and here's www.smokeboat.com I like the look of both of these boats, smoke-boat I went on years ago, but I can not comment on the canna-cruise one.
Thanks Ghost. I looked their websites and I really liked both of them. With the canna-cruise it has something for everyone and is a little cheaper.
The nice thing about the smokeboat it's covered and heated. A little more expensive, but that's not a big deal, plus no minimum. So whoever wants to go, whether it's 2 people or 12 we should be okay. Unless we do it on 420, then we might run into some problems.
We can put up a poll with 3 or 4 boat sites and see what kind of response we get from the folks who'll be in town, then go from there. :D :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Ghost wrote: Thu 30th Jan 2020 04:15 pm @Lemming I was looking at the boat planning over the past years and there are quite a few years that it never quite happened :D now was that down to poor planning? or just not enough people or the most obvious 'You were all way to stoned' and never quite made it :lol: Lets see if we can make this one happen between us all :D
Most of the failures were due to broken-down boats. See boat history. Rarely get as many people as say they're coming either, except when Macky is cat herding. He's the expert!

The boat that was 'Ganja' in 2015 and 2016 has been poshed-up and now sails as Pure Boats. It's very comfy and fits under bridges that the bigger tourist boats can't, so can explore more of the city. It's expensive though. Captain James gave us a special deal last year of 300 Euros for 2 hours. Last year Smokeboat was 300 Euros for one hour but that holds at least 20 people so can work out cheaper for a large party.

Some of these boats can be shared. We can just book individually on scheduled tours. That's more flexible but less exclusive.

My preference is always a sunset cruise of around 2 hours starting at 7pm on 4/20 day. We've done that a few times and it's been wonderful.

Ultimately it all depends on numbers. Let's see how it develops.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Thu 30th Jan 2020 06:01 pm
Ghost wrote: Thu 30th Jan 2020 04:15 pm @Lemming I was looking at the boat planning over the past years and there are quite a few years that it never quite happened :D now was that down to poor planning? or just not enough people or the most obvious 'You were all way to stoned' and never quite made it :lol: Lets see if we can make this one happen between us all :D
Most of the failures were due to broken-down boats. See boat history. Rarely get as many people as say they're coming either, except when Macky is cat herding. He's the expert!

The boat that was 'Ganja' in 2015 and 2016 has been poshed-up and now sails as Pure Boats. It's very comfy and fits under bridges that the bigger tourist boats can't, so can explore more of the city. It's expensive though. Captain James gave us a special deal last year of 300 Euros for 2 hours. Last year Smokeboat was 300 Euros for one hour but that holds at least 20 people so can work out cheaper for a large party.

Some of these boats can be shared. We can just book individually on scheduled tours. That's more flexible but less exclusive.

My preference is always a sunset cruise of around 2 hours starting at 7pm on 4/20 day. We've done that a few times and it's been wonderful.

Ultimately it all depends on numbers. Let's see how it develops.
Another good website with a variety of boats to choice from. A little more expensive, but hopefully it's not a problem for anyone. I agree with you Lemming on more of a private tour, and the day and time sound great.
Nice to have a few boats to choice from. We'll make it work. :mrgreen: :wink:

AzLaker
8)
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

We will be there too, of course with Tor, we arrive on the 18th and leave on the 22nd. I wouldn't want to miss the T&T at the Balloon ... can you move to the 18th? :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Fri 31st Jan 2020 07:36 am We will be there too, of course with Tor, we arrive on the 18th and leave on the 22nd. I wouldn't want to miss the T&T at the Balloon ... can you move to the 18th? :D
Posted on the April Whos In Town page.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Fri 31st Jan 2020 07:36 am We will be there too, of course with Tor, we arrive on the 18th and leave on the 22nd. I wouldn't want to miss the T&T at the Balloon ... can you move to the 18th? :D
I imaging we'll be at The Balloon a lot during the 420 gatherings. It seems the place to be. :mrgreen: What time do you guys get in on the 18th? We could sent up another TnT on the 18th if you like. I'm sure we'll all show up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Look forward to meeting you guys. :D

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Latest:

People

Members who've said they will or might be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

AudioKush "Stoked for 420 this year!" posted: 6th Jan 2020

AzLaker "Arriving April 17th (early, 6:00am) and leaving the 23rd" posted: 20th Oct 2019

Bigbird "April 22-29th" posted: 1st Feb 2020

DeLekkersteNUGS16 "I'll be there." posted: 26th Jan 2020

Gapie " :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: 8) " posted: 21st Jan 2020

Ghost "arrive on the 19th and depart on the 22nd April" posted: 22nd Oct 2019

Igraine "Looking forward to catching up in person in April at 4/20" (16-22) posted: 21st Jan 2020

Jollylittlehun "in town on the 17th" posted: 28th Jan 2020

Lafe "arriving 16 April, depart 23" posted: 15th Oct 2019

Lemming "Thursday 16th to Wednesday 22nd" posted: 15th Jan 2020

Matty223 "15-24 th" posted: 20th Oct 2019

Smirks "will try" posted: 18th Jan 2020

TransApenninesCouple "18th to 22nd" posted: 31st Jan 2020

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events

*All events and times provisional and subject to stoners in Amsterdam.
Time is, after all, an illusion - it's always 4:20 really!

Thursday 16th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 16th April

Friday 17th April 2020

13:00 (1pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by AzLaker

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 17th April

Saturday 18th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 18th April

Sunday 19th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 19th April

Monday 20th April 2020

14:00 (2pm) The Bottle proposed by tradition
15:00 for 4.20pm 420 Cafe proposed by tradition

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 20th April

Tuesday 21st April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 21st April

Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 22nd April

Post by AzLaker »

Hey Lemming, can we also put down, "Boat Tour, 4-20, 19:00 hours. Maybe attract more attention. :wave: Thanks :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

FUCK YES! I was on a meet up in...2012? Nes Cafe, very nice! And will join for a bit this year also! Norway represent:P

(edit: must been earlier...2009?)
If your pee is clean you are a cop!
bigbird

Post by bigbird »

Man I wish I was in town for the Het Ballonnetje meetup. I am staying just a short walk away from there.