The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
AzLaker

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Post by AzLaker »

We're all in this sinking boat together. :( The government is now saying we shouldn't fly to Europe unless we really have too. They didn't say WE COULD NOT fly, but the way I read it, that pretty much means NO! :evil:
Will still wait until the last week before I go to make a final decision. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll all make it. If not, I'm looking to change my flights
to September or October. Of course I'll make it around the 20th to celebrate a belated 4-20-20.
Hang in there people, be safe and wash your hands! :D

AzLaker
8)
Last edited by AzLaker on Fri 20th Mar 2020 08:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you never do, you'll never know.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 20th Mar 2020 04:15 pm We're all in this sinking boat together. :( The government is now saying we shouldn't fly to Europe unless we really have too. They didn't say WE COULD NOT fly, but the way I read it, that pretty much means NO! :evil:
Will still wait until the last week before I should go to make a final decision. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll all make it. If not, I'm looking to change my flights
to September or October. Of course I'll make it around the 20th to celebrate a belated 4-20-20.

AzLaker
8)
“So If we tell the public they should not fly, they won’t fly BUT If we tell the airlines they can not fly they will claim money from our insurance companies”
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 20th Mar 2020 04:15 pm We're all in this sinking boat together. :( The government is now saying we shouldn't fly to Europe unless we really have too. They didn't say WE COULD NOT fly, but the way I read it, that pretty much means NO! :evil:
Will still wait until the last week before I go to make a final decision. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll all make it. If not, I'm looking to change my flights

AzLaker
8)
Yeah things are not looking to great for us AzLaker or any one else for that matter, we may be lucky enough to still make 420(still hoping), but with every day we are hearing more and more bad news of death's and more restrictions being put in place, so it is not looking to good :( The hotel i am booked with have said that if i can not prove the flight has been cancelled then they will not move my dates or give me a refund on the booking, so that is not very good at all and when i mentioned that everything is shut or restricted access they just said that's not their fault :lol: What i am meant to get a take out from a coffeeshop and sit on my balcony :roll: Will still keep my fingers crossed though :)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Trad

Post by Trad »

Well guys, I'm out.
On top of all the border closures, airlines cutting flights and coffeeshops doing only buy&fly my Dr. now STRONGLY advised me yesterday not to travel. Considering that I'm 69 and have COPD I've decided to take the doc's warning seriously. Sorry everyone but it's just too dangerous for me to travel at this time.
I can get a full refund for my hotel but can only rebook my flight for another date. I might just rebook for next year, I should find a lot of accommodation available at least.
Roll on 420.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Trad wrote: Sat 21st Mar 2020 11:13 pm Well guys, I'm out.
On top of all the border closures, airlines cutting flights and coffeeshops doing only buy&fly my Dr. now STRONGLY advised me yesterday not to travel. Considering that I'm 69 and have COPD I've decided to take the doc's warning seriously. Sorry everyone but it's just too dangerous for me to travel at this time.
I can get a full refund for my hotel but can only rebook my flight for another date. I might just rebook for next year, I should find a lot of accommodation available at least.
Roll on 420.
:x :x So sorry to hear you're not going to make Trad, but understand completely. No sense on taking the chance and something super serious happen s to you. There's always another day and time.
Still holding out until the last minute, but at the same time it's not looking good.
If more people can't make, I'm thinking about going in September or October, around the 20th and have a belated 4/20. The weather will be a little cooler, but the experience will be the same. :mrgreen
Delta says I can re-book without any fees, just have to use my ticket by Dec. 20th 2020
What about the folks that are booked for this trip. Any thoughts or ideas?

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 22nd Mar 2020 01:52 pm
Roll on 420.
:x :x So sorry to hear you're not going to make Trad, but understand completely. No sense on taking the chance and something super serious happen s to you. There's always another day and time.
Still holding out until the last minute, but at the same time it's not looking good.
If more people can't make, I'm thinking about going in September or October, around the 20th and have a belated 4/20. The weather will be a little cooler, but the experience will be the same. :mrgreen
Delta says I can re-book without any fees, just have to use my ticket by Dec. 20th 2020

AzLaker
8)
+1 Sorry to hear this Trad but really i do not blame you better to be safe than sorry and can always book another trip if all this does get sorted out in the end :thumbup:

@AzLaker i am still intending to make it for 420 and am holding out until the last moment like yourself or until Easy Jet cancel my flight which then means i am able to move my hotel dates. If the flight does get cancelled then i to will move my dates and October would be my preferred choice as my birthday is a week after the 20th.

Easy Jet have said i can move my dates also without charge and the national express have said i can obtain a voucher for travel anywhere which i have a year to use. The Hotel in Amsterdam are not as helpful as they have said unless the flight is cancelled then they will not move the dates and i will lose my money :x

So for me Azlaker i will hold out until the last moment but personally i really do not think we are going to make this 420 bash my friend(fingers/toes still crossed though that we do make it a 420 to remember) If we do have to move our dates and the powers have this virus under control by September and it is safe to travel then i will move to October and extend my trip for a full week to make up for it :D

We could arrange for the same sort of dates in October, i would most probably go with something like 17th till the 22nd if i can sort more digs out to stay in, would try and sort an apartment out for it instead of the Hotel(as they have pissed me off :evil: )
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
macky

Post by macky »

Sorry to hear 420 washing out ..sad :D Was Thinking Spain for cup in fall ,but now with virus wife’s not high on big groups .
That being said she would like to do her b-day in October in Amsterdam . Ghost and azlaker are talking 20th ,so I ,m Thinking 24th weekend will be the weekend I will book around . Land Thursday morning 22 leave next Friday . I talked to Mic and he is in ,virus considering :D
So calling all ACDer,s let’s do are part to save the CS culture :shock: If all goes well there should be some good seat sales .
This should also make it easy for those who wish too miss us,me :roll:
So Roll on 10 20 20
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 22nd Mar 2020 01:52 pm
Roll on 420.

AzLaker
8)
I'm on a Delta award ticket. I think I will cancel today and rebook for August. I have tickets for Rammstein in Göthenburg Aug 1, so I'll fly in and out of AMS and shuttle up and back to Sweden.

I suffered a quite serious lung infection late in 2018, can't chance this.

It's a huge shite sandwich and we must all take a bite. Bummer. Stay safe all.
"Laif" with a long "a".
Trad

Post by Trad »

I'm in for later meeting. Change my flight easily.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
macky

Post by macky »

Trad wrote: Sun 22nd Mar 2020 09:34 pm I'm in for later meeting. Change my flight easily.
My cat heading senses are tingling :D no fights books yet 24th or a week earlier or later ..not bothered either way 8)
Now we need Lem on board ......... :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

macky wrote: Sun 22nd Mar 2020 09:51 pm
Trad wrote: Sun 22nd Mar 2020 09:34 pm I'm in for later meeting. Change my flight easily.
My cat heading senses are tingling :D no fights books yet 24th or a week earlier or later ..not bothered either way 8)
Now we need Lem on board ......... :mrgreen:
I like this....turning lemons into lemonade. :clap: Trad, great that your up for a October meeting. And nice to see Mr. & Mrs. Macky will attend. :D
Also, there's at least 3 birthdays in or around 10/20/2020, :mrgreen: so this should be a little more special.
Like Macky said...."Now we need Lem on board."
Lem, what do YOU say, with the sh*t hitting the fan right now, are you up for canceling this 4/20 and celerbrate it in 6 months, on 10/20/20?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I'm up for anything. October, sure.
Kinda feels like all plans are subject to change at the moment.
Next few weeks will be critical I think.
How we all handle the imminent drama will determine where the world will be even by 4/20, let alone 10/20, I reckon.
macky

Post by macky »

Lemming wrote: Mon 23rd Mar 2020 12:04 am I'm up for anything. October, sure.
Kinda feels like all plans are subject to change at the moment.
Next few weeks will be critical I think.
How we all handle the imminent drama will determine where the world will be even by 4/20, let alone 10/20, I reckon.

So true Lem need to wait for May I imagine before we get some clarity fingers crossed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

October : if it's possible by then I intend to be there ! Something to look forward to in these strange times 👽 be vigilant everybody, hope to see you soon !
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

choppermike wrote: Mon 23rd Mar 2020 12:24 pm October : if it's possible by then I intend to be there ! Something to look forward to in these strange times 👽 be vigilant everybody, hope to see you soon !
The October weather is usually fantastic, but we should be aware of ADE dates.
"Laif" with a long "a".