The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
DjShaggy

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Post by DjShaggy »

bigbird wrote: Thu 6th Feb 2020 01:48 am Man I wish I was in town for the Het Ballonnetje meetup. I am staying just a short walk away from there.
Doesn’t stop you from going in, very friendly place. Say “the guys on the ACD forum said you have the best weed in town is that true” their faces light up and they pull out all the boxes 👍🏻

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Latest:

People

Members who've said they will or might be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

AudioKush "Stoked for 420 this year!" posted: 6th Jan 2020

AzLaker "Arriving April 17th (early, 6:00am) and leaving the 23rd" posted: 20th Oct 2019

Bigbird "April 22-29th" posted: 1st Feb 2020

DeLekkersteNUGS16 "I'll be there." posted: 26th Jan 2020

Gapie " :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: 8) " posted: 21st Jan 2020

Ghost "arrive on the 19th and depart on the 22nd April" posted: 22nd Oct 2019

Igraine "Looking forward to catching up in person in April at 4/20" (16-22) posted: 21st Jan 2020

Jollylittlehun "in town on the 17th" posted: 28th Jan 2020

Lafe "arriving 16 April, depart 23" posted: 15th Oct 2019

Lemming "Thursday 16th to Wednesday 22nd" posted: 15th Jan 2020

Matty223 "15-24 th" posted: 20th Oct 2019

PirateRaff "will join for a bit this year" posted: 4th Feb 2020

Smirks "will try" posted: 18th Jan 2020

TransApenninesCouple "18th to 22nd" posted: 31st Jan 2020

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events

*All events and times provisional and subject to stoners in Amsterdam.
Time is, after all, an illusion - it's always 4:20 really!

Thursday 16th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 16th April

Friday 17th April 2020

13:00 (1pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by AzLaker

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 17th April

Saturday 18th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 18th April

Sunday 19th April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 19th April

Monday 20th April 2020

14:00 (2pm) The Bottle proposed by tradition
15:00 (3pm) for 4.20pm 420 Cafe proposed by tradition
19:00 (7pm) canal cruise

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 20th April

Tuesday 21st April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 21st April

Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 22nd April

Post by Lemming »

Building up nicely then 👍

Where should we make our base this year?

Last year we mostly hovered around Plug Lounge and Batavia with a bit of Voyagers. We're missing Nes and Utopia 😢. Plug Lounge is OK, especially for our younger members. Music sounds terrible to me! Batavia is cool and easy for people to find. It can get a bit smoky though. HSB is OK but no coffeeshops next door. I love Sound Garden but that's a bit out of the centre.

Any preferences or other suggestions?

I usually post a first night opening session and a last night smoke up at our base but not sure where to say yet.

p.s. just noticed my summaries don't work very well on a phone - the underlines wrap around. I'll try to improve that on the next one.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Thu 6th Feb 2020 04:12 pm Building up nicely then 👍

Last year we mostly hovered around Plug Lounge and Batavia with a bit of Voyagers. We're missing Nes and Utopia 😢. Plug Lounge is OK, especially for our younger members. Music sounds terrible to me! Batavia is cool and easy for people to find. It can get a bit smoky though. HSB is OK but no coffeeshops next door. I love Sound Garden but that's a bit out of the centre.

I usually post a first night opening session and a last night smoke up at our base but not sure where to say yet.
The Nes what a place that was, nothing quite like it.

The Plug Lounge is not my first choice as a base personally, but I can hang there if that's is where the base is. Batavia is a good choice for a central location, do we know what is happening with the smoking ban downstairs? is it pure only down there now or can tobacco still be used as a mixer? It's not a problem for me as I smoke pure, but maybe for other people.

Personally not being in the centre as a base wouldn't bother me, but might not suit everybody else, lets see what everyone else thinks.The Sound Garden is also a very good choice and would be my 1st choice if we are not based in the centre :D as Funky Monkey is on the other side of the road and I do like chilling in there and 1eHulp is close by also :thumbup:

I don't mind hanging in HSB for a bit myself and I think we can still have a dab in there? What about Susie's Saloon? as a drop in place, not my favourite place but it's large and it has a smoking room(it did when I last went in there) pool table etc and it's central, we could combine it with HSB and Batavia?

What would everyone think to going and having a meal somewhere on 420? before or after the boat tour? would love it if we could get a medicated one but don't think that will happen, unless some lovely local pulls one out the bag 8) :lol: :wink: or knows of a place that does them?

I am easy either way really, roll on 420 :mrgreen: 8)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Thu 6th Feb 2020 06:24 pm
Lemming wrote: Thu 6th Feb 2020 04:12 pm Building up nicely then 👍

The Nes what a place that was, nothing quite like it.

The Plug Lounge is not my first choice as a base personally, but I can hang there if that's is where the base is. Batavia is a good choice for a central location, do we know what is happening with the smoking ban downstairs? is it pure only down there now or can tobacco still be used as a mixer? It's not a problem for me as I smoke pure, but maybe for other people.

Personally not being in the centre as a base wouldn't bother me, but might not suit everybody else, lets see what everyone else thinks.The Sound Garden is also a very good choice and would be my 1st choice if we are not based in the centre :D as Funky Monkey is on the other side of the road and I do like chilling in there and 1eHulp is close by also :thumbup:

I don't mind hanging in HSB for a bit myself and I think we can still have a dab in there? What about Susie's Saloon? as a drop in place, not my favourite place but it's large and it has a smoking room(it did when I last went in there) pool table etc and it's central, we could combine it with HSB and Batavia?

What would everyone think to going and having a meal somewhere on 420? before or after the boat tour? would love it if we could get a medicated one but don't think that will happen, unless some lovely local pulls one out the bag 8) :lol: :wink: or knows of a place that does them?

I am easy either way really, roll on 420 :mrgreen: 8)
Since I haven't participated the last few years, and T'Nes is closed, :x I game for wherever you folks want to hang out. If we don't like it, we'll leave and try someplace else.
I've been to Batavia once or twice before, nice place, big and roomy. Good beers and good food.
Also read some past post about The Sound Garden, and in general everyone seems to like it too. The weather should be nice so sitting outside would be a plus. Not sure if they serve food?
We could eat on 420, after the Boat tour which would start at 19:00. Might be a late dinner for some, but I'm in. Matty, Cafe De Klos for dinner or someplace with beef?? :lol:

I would also like to purpose another TnT. Sunday the 19th, a TnT at 14:00, starting at DNA and then walk over to De Kade for a session. We can work out where everyone wants to meet, whether as a group and go down, or just meet there individually. :D

AzLaker
8)
Last edited by AzLaker on Fri 7th Feb 2020 01:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you never do, you'll never know.
Skyboy

Post by Skyboy »

I’ll be there - not sure how long I can stay - I’m a 420 trip virgin :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Skyboy wrote: Thu 6th Feb 2020 10:07 pm I’m a 420 trip virgin :lol:
Except for that cameo appearance next to RoMoney's cake in Plug Lounge last year, eh?
Welcome aboard!
Trad

Post by Trad »

Howdy
I've been looking for a place to stay and I'm going crazy. It's either booked, very expensive or way out of town.
Any ideas?
Trad.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

Trad wrote: Fri 7th Feb 2020 04:58 am Howdy
I've been looking for a place to stay and I'm going crazy. It's either booked, very expensive or way out of town.
Any ideas?
Trad.
Air bnb would be your best bet i think to get a room. Should not be that full yet atleast. Kingsday is coming up the week after, so gonna get busy soon
If your pee is clean you are a cop!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Just been looking at a few of Old Hippie Dave's videos from a Channels gathering at 4/20 2005.
Members of ACD forum and both joined them in 2006, which OHD also videoed but that doesn't appear to be available now. There are links to all of these in the first post of this thread.

The videos are a bit long but there are a few familiar faces and lots of coffeeshops, including many that no longer exist. I spotted Old Style, Sensi Coffeeshop, Sheeba, 222, Rastababy, 36, Interpolm, Other Place and many more.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Trad wrote: Fri 7th Feb 2020 04:58 am Howdy
Any ideas?
Trad.
Hi Trad,

As @PirateRaff said Air BnB is your best choice for apartment/room there was a few on there when I had a quick scan. I found the same most apartments are expensive now-a-days in town if your on your own and the cannabis friendly one's are becoming less and less available. Cheap Hotels with single/Balcony that maybe reasonable are Hotel Di Ann - basic but it reasonably clean has private bathroom and balcony. Hotel Atlantis or maybe the A Train which has smoking rooms are other options that maybe worth a look.

Hope you have some joy and find what your looking for man
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Will be arriving 18th...departure TBC :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Sanchez_ wrote: Sat 8th Feb 2020 01:14 pm Will be arriving 18th...departure TBC :mrgreen:
We going To southern Amsterdam on Sunday to check out DNA and De Kade, around 14:00. Come and join us. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

AzLaker wrote: Sat 8th Feb 2020 01:52 pm
Sanchez_ wrote: Sat 8th Feb 2020 01:14 pm Will be arriving 18th...departure TBC :mrgreen:
We going To southern Amsterdam on Sunday to check out DNA and De Kade, around 14:00. Come and join us. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Sounds like a plan! Made it down to Beatrix Park last year but want to visit De Kade for sure and that general area with the Olympic stadium :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Sanchez_ in. Excellent!
Really hope Smirks and Trad can make it too.
Gapie is probably looking for a rematch, Trad. :D