Smoke Boat Tour 420

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.

420 Boat Tour

Poll ended at Sun 15th Mar 2020 06:02 pm

Yes
50%
No
No votes
Pure Boats
17%
Canna-cruise
8%
smokeboat
25%
mokumboot
No votes

Total votes: 12

AzLaker

Smoke Boat Tour 420

Post by AzLaker »

I'm running a poll to see who would be interested on going on a Smoke Boat Tour.
The date would be on 4/20
The time would be 19:00 for 1 or 2 hours HTBD
The cost would be 15 to 30 euros, maybe a little less depending on how many people go and which boat we decide on.
We need a minimum of 10 people
Here's a list of the 4 boats. Take a look at each one if your interested in going and vote.
Please vote ONLY if you plan on going and ADD your name so we can keep track of wants to go.
I'll run the poll for 37 days

https://pureboats.com/#pb-schollevaar https://www.canna-cruise.nl/ https://www.smokeboat.com https://mokumbootverhuur.nl/en/

This should be a great time. Look forward to the response. :mrgreen: Roll on 42020 :mrgreen:
Last edited by AzLaker on Fri 7th Feb 2020 08:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you never do, you'll never know.
AzLaker

Re: Smoke Boat Tour 420

Post by AzLaker »

Okay, I voted to start it off. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Might be worth getting a list of names here too.
Igraine and me are up for it, although we are on a bit of a tight budget.
I imagine Skyboy will be in too, if he's around that night.
Regarding prices, it cost us 33 euros each last year but it could be as much as 100 each if only 3 of us turn up.
It all depends on numbers. If we can get loads of people to commit and actually turn up then we can book up a bigger boat. If not then smaller boats like the self-drive open ones might be more appropriate.
There is also the option of simply joining a public cruise, such as SmokeBoat's one, which is more flexible and then it doesn't matter if everyone gets too stoned to make it.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I am fully in for this 420 boat tour and have submitted my vote, as to the boat i voted Smoke-Boat but don't mind what one it is, hopefully we will get a few of us wanting to do it and if not Lemming's idea of joining one of the public tours like on Smoke-Boat is a good option and flexible to.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Fri 7th Feb 2020 07:01 pm Might be worth getting a list of names here too.
Igraine and me are up for it, although we are on a bit of a tight budget.
I imagine Skyboy will be in too, if he's around that night.
Regarding prices, it cost us 33 euros each last year but it could be as much as 100 each if only 3 of us turn up.
It all depends on numbers. If we can get loads of people to commit and actually turn up then we can book up a bigger boat. If not then smaller boats like the self-drive open ones might be more appropriate.
There is also the option of simply joining a public cruise, such as SmokeBoat's one, which is more flexible and then it doesn't matter if everyone gets too stoned to make it.
Thanks Lemming, I edited my post to ask people to add their names. The nice is,there are many types of boats, with different types of prices and comforts. I definitely think we'll find something that fits our needs and our budget. :wtf: :wink: :thumbup:
Anyway we look at it, we'll have a very Stoner Time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Trad

Post by Trad »

I'll bite and give it another try. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😎
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Trad wrote: Sat 8th Feb 2020 11:46 pm I'll bite and give it another try. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😎
Did you pick a boat Trad? :mrgreen: Your vote could be the tie breaker!! :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Trad

Post by Trad »

Yeah, I voted Az.
I'll try to stay with the group this year.😆😆
JMH
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Trad wrote: Sun 9th Feb 2020 03:03 am Yeah, I voted Az.
I'll try to stay with the group this year.😆😆
Nice!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

The (Chequered) History of Our 4/20 Boat Trips

Another re-post with some updates.

We've not always been entirely successful with our boat trips but, it has to be said, we've had more successes recently and even our failures have been fun :D

2007 fail :thumbdown:

AzLaker organised a boat through Rookies coffeeshop. I think this was the same boat that the Channelites had been out on a few years earlier.

Loads of us turned up at Rookies ready to go but the boat had broken down. Nevertheless we had an amazing session including a mega-joint that Mazdog had rolled for the trip.

Story here

2008 success :thumbup:

In 2008 we discovered the St. Nicolaas Boat Club. Unfortunately this no longer exists but it was a wonderful collective with a few boats, associated with Boom Chicago comedy club.

On a chilly evening we did a smoky tour on an open boat. There were only four of us, SilentlyScreaming, me and our respective partners, but I'm calling that a success.

Story here

2009 success :thumbup:

Having checked out the St. Nicolaas Boat Club we spread the news and had lots of people saying they'd like to go for a cruise around the canals.

On the night we were all gathered in the Nes but when we tried to round up all of the people who said they wanted to go most were too stoned to move. Nevertheless, about eight of us made it and had a brilliant trip. It was also a much warmer evening than 2008.

Story here

2011 success :thumbup:

3 little boats, 2 shifts, 1 dog. This time we started, rather appropriately, from Voyagers. Rather than a single boat, we had three small ones and so many people that we had to split the group into two so that the boats could go out twice.

Image Image
That's Cattales in the crow's nest position.

Story here

2012 fail :thumbdown:

Following our success in 2011, a large group assembled in Voyagers ready for a repeat sailing but the boat had broken down. As a substitute we all piled onto the free ferry across the IJ and explored a couple of coffeeshops in Amsterdam Noord.

Story here

2013 fail :thumbdown:

Again we all gathered in Voyagers and again the boat didn't happen. We had a good party instead though.

Story here

2014 fail :thumbdown:

This time Elasticband tried to organise a boat for us. After several sunny days, on the day we planned to sail there was a rain shower and it was a bit overcast. We all congregated in Coffeeshop 137 but the weather scuppered our plans. We did, of course, have an excellent session instead.

Story here

2015 success :thumbup:

We broke our run of failures in style.

Less than a week before the 20th I heard about Ganja Cruises, a guy with a smart covered saloon boat. Somehow we managed to get ourselves organised in a few days and had a successful expedition.

Image Image

Story here

2016 success :thumbup:

We did an equally wonderful repeat performance with Ganja Cruises.

Story here

2017 success :thumbup:

Macky organised our biggest boat trip yet on the SmokeBoat.

Story here

2018 success :thumbup:

Macky got on the case again with the Spidergawd Memorial Cruise on the SmokeBoat.

Story here

2019 success :thumbup:

We didn't have enough people for the SmokeBoat so we returned to what used to be Ganja Cruises, now Pure Boats. The boat is now electric powered and smarter than ever. The clock still says 4:20 and the bong is still in place though.

Of the dozen people who were supposed on the boat only eight of us made it due to illness, injury and poor cat herding on my part. In the end we gained one so nine of us had a cool smoky cruise.

Story here

You up for it?
gapie

Post by gapie »

CANNA CRUISE
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Trad

Post by Trad »

Hey Gapie.
Are you going on the boat trip? Excellent!
Every year it gets better and better.
JMH
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

gapie wrote: Wed 12th Feb 2020 12:24 amCANNA CRUISE
Hi Gapie :mrgreen: you coming on the boat ride mate?
We need to get a few more people interested and committed to the boat if possible, do you know or have been on the canna-cruise one before :?:
Be good to have you on board :lol: :lol: excuse the pun :lol:
I love that pic of you Lemming(orange coat) looking at the skipper of the boat, its brilliant the look on your face is like what :!: :D :thumbup:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Nice to see we’ve got a few people signed up, 6 to be exact. Now if we can triple that count, that would give us a nice cushion, figuring some people won’t make it :wink: :)

Azlaker
8)
gapie

Post by gapie »

Ghost wrote: Sat 15th Feb 2020 12:16 pm
gapie wrote: Wed 12th Feb 2020 12:24 amCANNA CRUISE
Hi Gapie :mrgreen: you coming on the boat ride mate?
We need to get a few more people interested and committed to the boat if possible, do you know or have been on the canna-cruise one before :?:
Be good to have you on board :lol: :lol: excuse the pun :lol:
I love that pic of you Lemming(orange coat) looking at the skipper of the boat, its brilliant the look on your face is like what :!: :D :thumbup:
I dunno we will see if I come too
I heard about canna cruise a lot from people seen it looks better then smoke boat
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!