The Netherlands Reopening?

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
LLMReb

The Netherlands Reopening?

Post by LLMReb »

I'm currently scheduled to visit AMS at the end of July, and I'm not cancelling . . . yet. Other than continually checking with the Embassy (which is what I've been doing about every 3-4 weeks), do you guys know of another website or some other tracking site that provides information about revisiting. We obviously could not visit if we must isolate for 14 days, so I'm hoping that restriction lifts next month.

We also want some "boots on the ground" information about retail opening. My wife would have a conniption if Cafe Wheels was not open, for example, and my boys would have conniptions if the playground at Herenmarkt is not open, and I wonder if bike rentals will be open, etc.

Any suggestions are most appreciative.

DjShaggy

Re: The Netherlands Reopening?

Post by DjShaggy »

I’m fairly sure you will hear it here first
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Love your optimism :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Post by macky »

Did hear last week no big people gatherings till September..not sure if it’s wishful thinking for when Holland Ajax’s season starts :D or when schools should start . Air Canada just announced today ,flights will not get back to normal till winter holidays (February,March) :shock:
Are October trips not looking good ,So July is maybe a pipe dream ,If October is a bust thinking everyone will rebook 420 21
Worst case join us if you have to rebook.....thinking big crowd next year :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

So to chime in on current state of affairs:

- our "intelligent lockdown" is as of now slated till May 20th I believe, with a high probability of re-extension.

- coffeeshops are open, and aside for one 24 hour lapse have been open for to-go orders

- general "shops" have been authorized to be open this whole time with the caveat that they must be able enforce the 1.5 meter distancing rule. Many chose to shutter temporarily anyway. As of this weekend I noticed a marked increase in shops that were open, namely on the Damstraat but also the Bijenkorf reopening was a notable occasion this weekend.

- Restaurants, bars, pubs, cafes etc. Permitted to operate delivery services and take away (if premises have adequate spacing), on-site consumption at these places (as well as coffeeshops) will not be allowed at least until the intelligent lockdown is formally lifted.

- major events (that require permits) such as concerts, music festivals, nightclub events are banned as of now until September.

- and the most important the Netherlands is, at present only allowing entry to Dutch nationals, EU nationals and Dutch residence-permit holders, except under extreme mitigating circumstances (serious family illness or the like), this frankly will be your biggest obstacle, as it stands now you would be turned away at Schiphol by Dutch customs authorities.

It happened recently, a few Americans who had applied for the residency - in the Netherlands once you submit a residency application your considered a legal interim resident for the duration of application processing period until the final decision is rendered. Well, in this case it wasn't enough and these Americans were turned away. They're only accepting full-fledged residency card holders. Bear in mind it took the airline letting them make that mistake to get all the way there and subsequently denied entry. So word of warning, don't take the airline or US State Department's word for it, contact the actual Dutch authorities, lest you take a Transatlantic flight in vain.

Good luck and good health, and of course go to hell Ole Piss!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 3rd May 2020 09:18 am - and the most important the Netherlands is, at present only allowing entry to Dutch nationals, EU nationals and Dutch residence-permit holders, except under extreme mitigating circumstances (serious family illness or the like), this frankly will be your biggest obstacle, as it stands now you would be turned away at Schiphol by Dutch customs authorities.
I was wondering how the closing borders worked in terms of the EU principle of freedom of movement, but I suppose by allowing in EU citizens they are not actually in breach of it. Still considering Nov/Dec trip to Noord Brabant.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Comus

Post by Comus »

it was mentioned back in feb/march EU rules state that during a health crisis individual member states have full control over their borders regarding wether to close them or not
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Comus wrote: Tue 5th May 2020 12:52 am it was mentioned back in feb/march EU rules state that during a health crisis individual member states have full control over their borders regarding wether to close them or not
That would explain how some countries did it then! Was not aware of this. Wonder what other emergencies make it ok?
Bring back Imelda Marcos!