Belated 420 in October

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lafe

Re: Belated 420 in October

Post by Lafe »

I also am out. It's unlikely the ban will be lifted by then, and I should really not spend the money. We were closed for 5 months but we're doing OK. Let's hope everything is in order for April.

I do have a German Christmas market planned the first week in December, with A'dam on both ends. It could happen, fingers crossed!

"Laif" with a long "a".
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It is not good at all :(

My mate has now said that he wants to pull out due to all the uncertainty, and has asked if he can get a refund/voucher on his flight for next year :( which is fine as Easy-Jet have an option on their site. I do not really want to move the trip yet again but am thinking now that it is most probably best to bump it to April 21 and hope we can make that. I will leave it open for another week or 2 and see what i do from there, as most have bumped to April anyway. Uncertain times for us all :( will update as soon as i decide, but for now i will have a fat dab to relieve my upset :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Emailed the apartment people earlier about bumping the trip till next year, am now waiting on a reply. My mate wants a change or is a complete pullout altogether, so will wait see what they say. If its a no go then i will be in Dam as said, if they say we can move then i will be moving the trip in to 2021. Update as soon as know more :!:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I'm out. :thumbdown: I held out as long as I could, but I can see this October trip is not in the cards. Rescheduled my trip for April 17th to the 23rd.
Lets see how the next 6 months pan out. :shock: Hopefully, I make it there one day. I when I do, I'll have some catching to make up to do, smoking wise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See you in April....I hope. :D

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

AzLaker wrote: Sat 3rd Oct 2020 02:47 pm I'm out. :thumbdown: I held out as long as I could, but I can see this October trip is not in the cards. Rescheduled my trip for April 17th to the 23rd.
Lets see how the next 6 months pan out. :shock: Hopefully, I make it there one day. I when I do, I'll have some catching to make up to do, smoking wise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See you in April....I hope. :D

AzLaker
8)
Sorry AzLaker, this is just not the year you get to Amsterdam :( it’s not because you didn’t try :wink: the deck was just stacked against you this year :? better luck next year :) now time to bake :mrgreen: :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Willjay wrote: Sun 4th Oct 2020 02:43 pm Sorry AzLaker, this is just not the year you get to Amsterdam :( it’s not because you didn’t try :wink: the deck was just stacked against you this year :? better luck next year :) now time to bake :mrgreen: :lol:
I appreciate that Willjay. Thank-you. :mrgreen: I've got to remember, lots of other people couldn't make it this year because of this unfortunate thing that's happening in the world right now. :( :crazy: :wtf:
But we'll all get there one day. They definitely better have everything open by 4-20-22. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I think it's someone's 70th
Birthday that year!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And your right....time to bake. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Well bit the bullet, booked for april
Matty
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

matty223 wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 12:10 am Well bit the bullet, booked for april
Matty
Nice! :thumbup: :mrgreen: And your dates are?? Aslo did you find a place to crash? :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

matty223 wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 12:10 am Well bit the bullet, booked for april
Matty
Brilliant news. What dates Matty?

we need a 420/21 thread.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
macky

Post by macky »

My apartment rental wanted extra deposit to hold for April ..I pulled the pin .
Two months ago America had 40,000 cases and a 1000 deaths and I said October will never happen .Some believed. I was raining on the parade :D Now it’s pouring ,the US had 54000 cases yesterday and a 1000 deaths. Dr Facci is calling for 3400 deaths a day in January :shock: Think they will get there shit together a mere 4 months later? Hoping for a vaccine may help for a fall trip :mrgreen:

Good to dream ...but a reality check once in awhile .......
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I have also cancelled my booking in October now, i haven't re-booked anything just of yet as i think i will wait to see how things pan out and the apartment i had booked for October is already booked for 420-21, so the owner can not rebook this for me during that period. May be someone from here has that already from this years non 420 event.

I may try and get a trip in during December as the self isolation on return may have been dropped by then and even if it hasn't it is not a problem as i am normally at home most of that month anyway and would be able to do it without losing to much dosh. Had a quick look at cheap hotels and they are cheaper than normal so this may be an option.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Drugsbunny wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 11:50 am
Matty

we need a 420/21 thread.

Db
14-22
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

16-22 :mrgreen: booked.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 02:11 pm I have also cancelled my booking in October now, i haven't re-booked anything just of yet as i think i will wait to see how things pan out and the apartment i had booked for October is already booked for 420-21, so the owner can not rebook this for me during that period. May be someone from here has that already from this years non 420 event.

I may try and get a trip in during December as the self isolation on return may have been dropped by then and even if it hasn't it is not a problem as i am normally at home most of that month anyway and would be able to do it without losing to much dosh. Had a quick look at cheap hotels and they are cheaper than normal so this may be an option.
Hope you get that December trip in Ghost. :) Keep us up to date if you go. Also hope you get things squared away and you can make it in April, we'll have a smoke fest for all those missed trips. :mrgreen:
matty223 wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 02:46 pm
Drugsbunny wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 11:50 am
Matty

we need a 420/21 thread.

Db
14-22
Fantastic Matty, :D Haarlem here we come. :mrgreen:
choppermike wrote: Sun 11th Oct 2020 04:21 pm 16-22 :mrgreen: booked.
Excellent choppermike. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Like DB said, might have to start a 420/21 thread. :clap:

AzLaker
8)
macky

Post by macky »

:mrgreen: