Coffeshops and bars reopening

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Tokeing tom

Coffeshops and bars reopening

Post by Tokeing tom »

Is it true that they will be open to the public from Sept 1st thinking of booking

DjShaggy

Re: Coffeshops and bars reopening

Post by DjShaggy »

No one knows
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

That's the plan, opening on the first september.
If the situation develops ok...
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I got a message from Paradox Weert to say that they're open 11:00 - 21:00 from 1st June. I've asked them whether that's inside or just takeaway.
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

Does anyone know if they'll allow flights from the UK to Amsterdam this summer/year?

I've been monitoring this cam since lockdown started and this is the "busiest" I have seen it whilst I've been spying :lol:

I go every year for my birthday late July and have been considering booking just in case - I have written it off but hold some hope. Just looking to see if anyone has any info on this?

Any info is much appreciated - TIA.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

yeah I have a rental for the month of August - paid for - can not figure out if we can actually go.....can't decide, if we should bite the bullet and lose our money ......is it really stupiud to try and travel? (traveling from NYC) ANY ADVICE???
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

worldcitizen1723 wrote: Sun 24th May 2020 05:25 pm yeah I have a rental for the month of August - paid for - can not figure out if we can actually go.....can't decide, if we should bite the bullet and lose our money ......is it really stupiud to try and travel? (traveling from NYC) ANY ADVICE???
That’s a tough situation to be in :( if you can survive the flight over and back you could self isolate in your apartment/houseboat there as well as at home. If the Dutch government doesn’t allow travel into the country, I would think your rent would be Refundable. Good luck with whatever you do :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd May 2020 12:54 pm I got a message from Paradox Weert to say that they're open 11:00 - 21:00 from 1st June. I've asked them whether that's inside or just takeaway.
They have confirmed that it's takeaway only until 1st September
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

This is the official timeline.

Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2 ... -next-step
Tackling coronavirus: the next step :mrgreen:

News item | 19-05-2020 | 20:27

As long as coronavirus remains under control, we will continue to move step by step towards having more freedom. As of 1 June the Netherlands will relax a few more measures. People will be able to do certain things together again.

The changes to measures as of 1 June are as follows:
Groups

People may meet outside as long as they remain 1.5 metres apart.
Buildings that are open to the public can admit up to 30 people at a time, not counting staff. Here, too, people must stay 1.5 metres apart.
People are strongly advised to still keep 1.5 metres apart from any visitors to their home –indoors, in gardens and on balconies.

Restaurants, bars and cafés can open 1 June from 12.00

Restaurants, bars and cafés can open under the following conditions:
a maximum of 30 guests (so not counting staff);
people must make a reservation;
everyone must stay 1.5 metres apart (except people who live together);
the business must assess possible health risks beforehand together with the customer.
There is no maximum number of people for outdoor seating areas, but all guests must sit at tables and people who do not live together must stay 1.5 metres apart.

Schools

Secondary schools will reopen on 2 June. Schools will take measures to ensure that everyone can keep 1.5 metres apart. In practice, this means that not all pupils can attend school at the same time.
Secondary schools for special education will reopen for all pupils on 2 June. These schools will also take measures to ensure that everyone can keep a distance of 1.5 metres. This will require a tailored approach and maintaining a distance will not always be possible at this type of school.
Primary schools will be open their regular hours from 8 June, unless the research currently being carried out shows that this is not safe.
From 8 June children will be able to attend out-of-school care (BSO) on the days stated in the contract with the childcare provider.
From 8 June emergency childcare will be only available for children of parents who work evenings, nights or weekends in the healthcare sector (until 1 July).
On 15 June schools for secondary vocational education (MBO), institutions for higher professional education (HBO) and universities will reopen to a limited extent for exams, practical training and to provide support to vulnerable students.

Cultural institutions – 1 June from 12.00

Cinemas, theatres and concert halls can reopen under the following conditions:
a maximum of 30 audience members per auditorium;
people must make a reservation;
the venue must assess possible health risks beforehand together with the customer;
everyone must maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
Museums and heritage sites can reopen if people buy tickets in advance and the health risks are assessed beforehand. The maximum number of visitors depends on the building. People must stay 1.5 metres apart.
Schools of music and arts centres can admit up to 30 people to their buildings. People must stay 1.5 metres apart.

Public transport

Use public transport for essential travel only.
From 1 June passengers aged 13 and over will be required to wear a non-medical face mask on trams, buses, water buses, metros and trains. In stations, on platforms and at bus and tram stops face masks are not required, but people must stay 1.5 metres away from others.
Passengers who do not wear a face mask after 1 June can be fined €95.

Care homes

One care home in each GGD region is currently admitting a limited number of visitors under strict conditions. From 25 May the policy will be extended to more care homes. The government expects to be able to adapt the visiting policy for all care homes from 15 June.

Step by step

The Netherlands’ approach is aimed at keeping the virus under control as much as possible in order to protect vulnerable groups and make sure the healthcare system can cope. Thanks to people complying with the measures, the situation has improved. The figures show a positive trend and so we can move step by step towards having more freedom.

The government has started by relaxing restrictions at local or neighbourhood level. That has not made our roads and public transport much busier. Next, restrictions are being relaxed at regional level and finally at national level. First small gatherings are allowed, and later larger gatherings, so that everything remains as manageable and orderly as possible.

Each step can only be taken if the virus stays under control. This must be done with great care. If circumstances require, any decision to relax measures will be reversed.
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

I heard on the news earlier EasyJet are resuming flights as of July to most EU destinations and are offering flights £30 each way to tempt people in, I just looked at flights and they're filling up pretty quick if anyone wants to risk getting a flight.

Just one question - will the Dutch authorities allow flights in/will a 14 day isolation still apply then? Surely if EasyJet are resuming flights within the EU they've been given the thumbs up to do so by destination authorities, etc?

Just wondered if there had been any updates from the Dutch side?
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Booked for sept 1st me and 6 friends ,can't fn weight😀
petty

Post by petty »

CAUTION !!! regarding flights to Amsterdam. KLM flights continue right through lockdown, from UK to Amsterdam for essential travellers, still operating presently. You are reliant on Covid rules in your country and in Netherlands. Easyjet is a commercial enterprise whose aim presently would appear to have as much revenue within their coffers. My present experience with them is awaiting a refund of over £700. yet continually receiving emails to book ahead. They make it easy to give them your cash but once they have it ????? Yes, the situation in the UK and Netherlands looks promising if things continue as presently and September will probably be fine ! On a lighter note, recently Easyjet`s system was hacked into, so maybe the hackers might return my money but they only gained the info re flight schedule times. So if you can afford to lend Easyjet the cost of your flights for an indefinite period, then go ahead. I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable trip in the future !
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

Thanks for chipping in everyone.

Pretty sure now I'm going to pass this one and go next birthday/July '21, not worth the risk being fucked around by EasyJet and also wouldn't mind seeing how the land lays/let the Guinea Pigs take the test runs! ;) Also if EasyJet let you buy flights - doesn't necessarily mean countries will accommodate you.

Have a feeling EasyJet are rushing in to things for financial gains, as are most governments atm, I'm not eager to rush things, hoping there isn't more spikes after all these protests, people being out more, etc.

Good luck everyone!
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

https://nos.nl/artikel/2336096-op-vakan ... nd-is.html

"Europese toeristen zijn na 15 juni ook weer welkom in Nederland, met uitzondering van vakantiegangers uit het Verenigd Koninkrijk en Zweden."
European tourists are also welcome in the Netherlands after 15 June, with the exception of tourists from the United Kingdom and Sweden