Smoking outside Amsterdam

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Ecoair

Smoking outside Amsterdam

Post by Ecoair »

Hello, i'm considering to rent a houseboat or a cottage outside Amsterdam, in the countryside somewhere in the late summer.
I want to pickup some weed in Amsterdam for the holidays and then just go and relax there.
Is that even possible? Is it likely to get problems with locals/police?

FlyByNite

Re: Smoking outside Amsterdam

Post by FlyByNite »

You do know there are coffeeshops all over the Netherlands.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 999975&z=7

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/OtherCities.html

There are some real gems out there.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Ecoair

Post by Ecoair »

Wow thank's haha, i did'nt know! :D
So do that mean that there won't be a problem? Off course i wont just smoke everywhere, just around our rented placed
Ecoair

Post by Ecoair »

I think my question was a little unclear. The thing i was wondering is if i'm likely to get problems with locals people in the countryside, if those guys are not used to people smoking weed? Like calling the police or the owners of the place :think: :think:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Weed is tolerated all over the Netherlands. I often stay in Haarlem and train to Amsterdam if I feel the need. Haarlem has 16 shops, more than enough to fill my needs. It is only a 15 minute train ride from Centraal Station.
Use a little commonsense and courtesy and you will be fine.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Nah the Dutch are very “live and let live” people. Show abit of respect don’t smoke next to someone’s open window but otherwise carry on
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Ecoair

Post by Ecoair »

Thank you both of you. So i guess as long as i'm not blowing at peoples face or sit and smoke obviously in front of families i will be fine?
What would be 'worst case scenario' to happen? Police getting me a fine or is that impossible?
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I don’t even think a fine, I’ve heard of confiscation but never experienced it, I’ve smoked in parks and by canals with police around no bother, I may have been lucky...
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

I was on holiday in Zeeland maybe 7 or so years ago, stayed at a camp/caravan site for a week. I had no issues smoking on the wooden deck just outside of the caravan. The park seemed to be mainly inhabited by non English speaking Dutch folk, some would nod or say hello as they passed me enjoying my joint in the sun, nobody seemed bothered by me. I don't think that I saw 1 cop on site for the whole week I was there, nor do I recall seeing many other people smoking themselves. Also this was quite a religious area with no coffeeshops near by. As with most things in the Netherlands just don't be a dick about it and all will most likely be well.
It's all about THC for me.