Travelling from the UK in september

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Shleeford

Travelling from the UK in september

Post by Shleeford »

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Me and 3 friends are travelling from the uk over the weekend of the 5th september (nothing massive just a weekend for a few beers and a smoke) and I'm wondering what the restrictions are and will be in Amsterdam by then. Can anyone please let me know what it's like and likely to be in september providing the governments plan is maintained. Were flying into schipnol airport and thinking of getting a taxi to the hotel where all 4 of us will be sharing a room. Thanks all!!

PMU67

Re: Travelling from the UK in september

Post by PMU67 »

I'm heading over on saturday (18th) expecting most places to be open.

September should be fine.
Shleeford

Post by Shleeford »

Let us know how you get on please
PMU67

Post by PMU67 »

Bars open as normal, Katsu coffeshop in De Pijp had a few people sitting inside, public transport 100% wearing masks.

Went for a chinese meal last night place was really busy.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Did you have to show proof of booked accommodation? And were you asked to self-isolate for a bit (though it doesn't look like you've done)?

I'm tempted to do a day trip, but imagine being turned back at the border when they ask me my plans. 'Just felt like getting away for a day and drinking in some Batavian civilisation.' 'Sorry, sunshine, we know what you're planning to do, and it just isn't on at the moment.'
PMU67

Post by PMU67 »

Had hotel booking printed out, no questions at airport.

To cover yourself book free cancellation room with booking.com, print it out then cancel if you're worried about day trip
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Cheers. Actually, hotel prices seem to have dropped to a sane level again, so I might do more than a day trip.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

FODSmith wrote: Fri 24th Jul 2020 05:57 am Cheers. Actually, hotel prices seem to have dropped to a sane level again, so I might do more than a day trip.
Lovely! Im hoping November will be Corona low season and might make a jaunt, always cheap in November!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!