August trip help please

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
hobo

August trip help please

Post by hobo »

Hi Guys,

I have a trip with a mate, booked for 28th August to 31st. Would appreciate some advice and upto date info.

Obviously since it was booked we have now got to deal with Convid 19 and all that it contains. So I have a number of questions regards Amsterdam/Holland in general. I cannot get any refunds on flights or hotel so have to make a decision based on what is open and if we still want to make the trip.

Are the coffee shops and bars open?

Are the clubs/live music venues open? If not is there a date for these opening?

Are restaurants/cafes now open?

Are face masks conpulsory?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has :)

jollylittlehun

Re: August trip help please

Post by jollylittlehun »

Hi mate. I'm going 5th August so I'll let you know when I'm there.

I think coffeeshops are open and bars as well. If you want to eat in a restaurant I think you have to book in advance. We just emailed the restaurant, they asked a few covid related questions and for a contact number and got it booked. Not sure if this is the same for cafes or Sandwich shops. Waiting on a response from bagels and beans. Will let you know what they say.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Bagels and beans have emailed back and said that we dont have to book in advance so I reckon its the same for other places. Will post a trip report and hopefully do some live reporting as well.

Cheers
JLH
PMU67

Post by PMU67 »

Just back. All bars coffeeshops open.
Walk in for a meal (chinese). Masks on transport, shops no masks.
Clubs/live music no idea.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

PMU67 wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 11:52 pm Just back. All bars coffeeshops open.
Walk in for a meal (chinese). Masks on transport, shops no masks.
Clubs/live music no idea.
Yeah that´s right :D but some coffeeshops have some special rules now like it´s only allowed to be 30 minutes in the coffeeshop but most coffeeshops seems to work as usual. Some coffeeshops installed small plastic protective screens between some tables to "protect" the customers... while the plastic protective screens that I saw were so small that they doesn´t really protect anybody :lol:

As far as I know Clubs are still closed atm. I read that concerts and festivals are allowed since the 1. July but only if it´s possible to have the 1,5 meters safety distance and you have to book in advance. Furthermore big festivals and concerts must be approved... so if it´s to big I think they don´t will allowed that.

Even prostitutes are allowed to work again in Amsterdam :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Marok21 wrote:
Even prostitutes are allowed to work again in Amsterdam :lol:
Well, they are Essential workers, aren't they? :lol: :lol: :lol:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
macky

Post by macky »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 16th Jul 2020 06:48 pm Bagels and beans have emailed back and said that we dont have to book in advance so I reckon its the same for other places. Will post a trip report and hopefully do some live reporting as well.

Cheers

JLH
My buddy lives over the bagels and beans ,he made me eat there a few times ..don,t get it ,food sucks ..go to Batavia for a real breakfest :D
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Each to their own Macky :D

We love a couple of their gluten free bagels and the lattes are pretty good too. Coupled with a nice look and decent service it's been a go to for us since the first time I went with the missus.

We'll just have had our lunch in one in 13 days time and be on our way to grey area for silver bubble and Johnny for some blue dream. Can't wait!

JLH
gapie

Post by gapie »

:?: :!: 8) :mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!