Hopes for Dam in Pandemic - #PanDAMic.

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
dubsy420

Hopes for Dam in Pandemic - #PanDAMic.

Post by dubsy420 »

With all the uncertainty atm I wondered what the current situation is with travel into Dam, but more importantly when do people generally think things will become a bit more "normal" and we can book flights to Dam again without a 2nd thought?

I am hoping to get out there in July and just wanted opinions on things might be with Covid by then/if it'll be business as usual re travelling?

Thinking of booking early whilst it's a bit cheaper. :idea:

AzLaker

Re: Hopes for Dam in Pandemic - #PanDAMic.

Post by AzLaker »

dubsy420 wrote: Sun 8th Nov 2020 12:20 pm With all the uncertainty atm I wondered what the current situation is with travel into Dam, but more importantly when do people generally think things will become a bit more "normal" and we can book flights to Dam again without a 2nd thought?

I am hoping to get out there in July and just wanted opinions on things might be with Covid by then/if it'll be business as usual re travelling?

Everything is a crap shoot right now. This is my third re-scheduled trip because of C-19. I'm hoping to make it in April, but who knows. I'll just wait and see what happens. :shock: :wink:
Good luck, hope you make it there in July. :D

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 8th Nov 2020 01:39 pm
dubsy420 wrote: Sun 8th Nov 2020 12:20 pm With all the uncertainty atm I wondered what the current situation is with travel into Dam, but more importantly when do people generally think things will become a bit more "normal" and we can book flights to Dam again without a 2nd thought?

Everything is a crap shoot right now. This is my third re-scheduled trip because of C-19. I'm hoping to make it in April, but who knows. I'll just wait and see what happens. :shock: :wink:
Good luck, hope you make it there in July. :D

AzLaker
8)
Lets hope
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

The state of alarm in Spain is until the end of May next year. That allows regional authorities to open and close what they like, when they like, as and when the situation improves or worsens in the different regions. Based on that I'm not expecting global travel to be up and running any time soon and Netherlands (and other countries) could be in and out of different restrictions for another 6 months.

In good news, bars and restaurants opened again here today, they had been locked down for the last 3 weeks. Spain always feels better when the Spaniards are sat smiling on their beloved terraces :D
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
macky

Post by macky »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 23rd Nov 2020 07:29 pm The state of alarm in Spain is until the end of May next year. That allows regional authorities to open and close what they like, when they like, as and when the situation improves or worsens in the different regions. Based on that I'm not expecting global travel to be up and running any time soon and Netherlands (and other countries) could be in and out of different restrictions for another 6 months.

In good news, bars and restaurants opened again here today, they had been locked down for the last 3 weeks. Spain always feels better when the Spaniards are sat smiling on their beloved terraces :D
Glad your life choices are working out bud :D Good see someone’s smiling :mrgreen:
Where hip deep in the shit here North America Toronto closed yesterday and later today lock down coming :shock:
If only someone warned use about a dark winter ...OH! Well spring runs eternal :mrgreen:
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on things and hope for the best - doubt I'll be booking anything early at this rate.

Surprised that Boris has spoken with Covid and agreed a truce over the Christmas/New Year period - I didn't know viruses got holiday leave!

We're ending a 2nd mini "lockdown" in England and there will be a reduction on restrictions/more shops and bars opening back up and a tier system set up across the the country for what's allowed - in other words, they'll open everything up so people can shop like mad and spend money for Xmas and then battle a spike in counts and risk everyones' summer holidays again just for the £££ and probably spend most of spring/summer back in a lockdown :lol:
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

In these dark times we are thinking of taking a cannabis trip, as usual by car across the EU. And here the problems begin .... we live in Italy and we are divided into regions by color according to the covid, if we turn yellow on Sunday we can move to the region, fine! To get to Switzerland we will have to cross an orange region and transit seems allowed. Switzerland and Germany allow transit and we finally arrive in NL. At this point according to the Dutch indications we should isolate ourselves ... but they write it with the conditional, a big mess. Sources reopen.eu and tcs.ch if any of you have other news we are waiting for updates :D :mrgreen: 8)
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I've read something about if you don't get out of your car when travelling through so called hot spots you don't have to quarantine.. But also read stories from people who flew in to dam on weekend and no questions asked or forms needed... Hard to find definitive answers
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I see a vaccine has been approved in the UK and some other countries soon to follow!

Whats peoples thoughts on it? Could still be 6 months before a lot of countries see a vaccine widely available, but we could have normalish life back next summer.

My main concern would be how safe the vaccine is when it's been rushed to market during a time of global crisis. Checks and balances could have been compromised. Also some of the vaccines from other countries had 90% success, that seems shit to me, it could be ineffective in 10% of cases and in how many of them are there adverse reactions?
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Wed 2nd Dec 2020 11:19 am In these dark times we are thinking of taking a cannabis trip, as usual by car across the EU....

Grazie & stay healthy'n strong! Our time will surely come... :thumbup:
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

Thanks for all the feedback/posts, will be great it we could keep this up and keep everyone up to date, I'm sure it's not just me who is chomping at the bit to get back over to The Dam. :twisted:

Yep - as stated above by RoMoney, there's no way I am in a rush to take this "vaccine" - I will be waiting until it's improved on, and it's not the rushed version, etc. I don't think this first version will be the end of it all - but there is a chance countries could start to reject entry to people who haven't had the vaccine - anyone got any thoughts on this?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

dubsy420 wrote: Sat 5th Dec 2020 12:52 pm but there is a chance countries could start to reject entry to people who haven't had the vaccine - anyone got any thoughts on this?
I think that will defo happen, they are already talking about a certificate to say you've had it. Many countries already require tests to let you in.

In other news, I see Pfizer can't get the vaccine out in large numbers as quick as expected. Instead of 420 2021 maybe we should shoot for 710 2021? :D
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 5th Dec 2020 03:09 pm
dubsy420 wrote: Sat 5th Dec 2020 12:52 pm but there is a chance countries could start to reject entry to people who haven't had the vaccine - anyone got any thoughts on this?
I think that will defo happen, they are already talking about a certificate to say you've had it. Many countries already require tests to let you in.

In other news, I see Pfizer can't get the vaccine out in large numbers as quick as expected. Instead of 420 2021 maybe we should shoot for 710 2021? :D
Yep, we've approved something, IDK what the length will be rollout wise but i know care home residents and carers will be the first to get it, then I'd imagine NHS keyworkers, then the FA will pay a kings ransom to get it for the players so there's no risk on the season not finishing lol, of course all the dodgy politicians and leaders will get them way before they will say or admit, I imagine the general working class aren't going to be the priority - it could be months before the general public get it and any improved version? Who knows. :?:
andyc

Post by andyc »

I booked a trip the other week when the vaccine got approval for use in the UK for May 2021, but thought better of it a few days later and changed the flight to August incase of any delays. I'm over 50 so hopefully should have had jabs by next summer.

what a year 2020 was