Hopes for Dam in Pandemic - #PanDAMic.

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
petercrox

Re: Hopes for Dam in Pandemic - #PanDAMic.

Post by petercrox »

My guess is that it will take until next summer before the vaccine has a large scale effect on case numbers and things could get back to normal.

As for the vaccine ~ if you know people who’ve been seriously damaged by getting COVID, it kind of changes your attitude to the small risk from the vaccine.

Me - I’ll be having it.

dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

Looking at the current climate I think it's safe to say any trips should be at least postponed until around April - anybody thinking of pencilling in a trip/have already booked anything?
Comus

Post by Comus »

i'm in no rush at the moment. i will wait to see what transpires. vaccine roll-out is a factor, but then so is what the situation is like in other countries. holland has entered a period of political instability currently which is also a factor.
I'm in shocks and stares
brufy

Post by brufy »

dubsy420 wrote: Sun 7th Feb 2021 11:40 am Looking at the current climate I think it's safe to say any trips should be at least postponed until around April - anybody thinking of pencilling in a trip/have already booked anything?
I think even April is optimistic.

I’m thinking about October or November, but realistically don’t think I’ll actually book anything until hotels are taking bookings for next year.
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
brufy

Post by brufy »

brufy wrote: Sun 7th Feb 2021 12:47 pm
dubsy420 wrote: Sun 7th Feb 2021 11:40 am Looking at the current climate I think it's safe to say any trips should be at least postponed until around April - anybody thinking of pencilling in a trip/have already booked anything?

I’m thinking about October or November, but realistically don’t think I’ll actually book anything until hotels are taking bookings for next year.

From gov.uk

Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not travel, including abroad, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. It is illegal to travel abroad for holidays and other leisure purposes.
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

brufy wrote: Sun 7th Feb 2021 12:47 pm

Yeah I didn't really word that correctly - I meant more like won't bother looking at booking anything until April - I have been hoping to go in July for my birthday as I usually do, will have to wait and see.
Comus

Post by Comus »

my birthday has just been. i have lamented at the webcams showing the snow that is so familiar on my annual pilgrimage for the event. :cry:
I'm in shocks and stares
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

It's been torture watching the webcams here and there since last March - I would stop but one of the things I love about Dam is just parking it at a Coffeeshop window and people watching, so I guess I am vicariously living in Dam through these webcams.

Have been hoping to go in July for my annual birthday trip but I'm beginning to lose hope. :!:
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: wAcka wacka :evil: :evil:
:shock: :shock: shit corona :x :x :x :x
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Comus

Post by Comus »

great ... you've given me a earworm of fozzy bear saying 'wacka wacka wacka' relentlessly :|
I'm in shocks and stares
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

So...any of my UK Brethren thinking of jumping the gun and booking Dam for the summer following Uncle Boris' "Roadmap" out of lockdown? I have noticed a lot of news articles saying there has been a massive surge in holiday and flight bookings since the announcement. I've got my finger on the button! :idea:

Edit - I HAVE BOOKED FLIGHTS. :evil:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

dubsy420 wrote: Tue 23rd Feb 2021 12:02 pm So...any of my UK Brethren thinking of jumping the gun and booking Dam for the summer following Uncle Boris' "Roadmap" out of lockdown? I have noticed a lot of news articles saying there has been a massive surge in holiday and flight bookings since the announcement. I've got my finger on the button! :idea:

Edit - I HAVE BOOKED A FLIGHT. :evil:
Good luck!

Personally, i'm still not that confident... Toying with the idea of booking a Haarlem, or Ammersfoort trip in September, maybe; but given the haphazard lockdown roulette i'm anticipating, i'm holding off as long as possible... Still, i've got a decent little holiday fund ready to pillage if and when this all blows over. 8)
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

KeyMonCha wrote: Tue 23rd Feb 2021 12:56 pm
dubsy420 wrote: Tue 23rd Feb 2021 12:02 pm So...any of my UK Brethren thinking of jumping the gun and booking Dam for the summer following Uncle Boris' "Roadmap" out of lockdown? I have noticed a lot of news articles saying there has been a massive surge in holiday and flight bookings since the announcement. I've got my finger on the button! :idea:

Edit - I HAVE BOOKED A FLIGHT. :evil:
Good luck!

Personally, i'm still not that confident... Toying with the idea of booking a Haarlem, or Ammersfoort trip in September, maybe; but given the haphazard lockdown roulette i'm anticipating, i'm holding off as long as possible... Still, i've got a decent little holiday fund ready to pillage if and when this all blows over. 8)
Cheers, mate. Yes I wasn't sure myself but they're selling out fast so thought I'd get my birthday trip booked in whilst I still could, if I can't go i'll just change the dates. :idea:
brufy

Post by brufy »

Had to cancel a January trip with the loss of hotel costs, so not thinking about anything until NEXT January. And I do think about it daily!

Foreign travel is still illegal, so there’s no real arguing with that...

Incidentally, just got home from my first dose of Pfeizer, so perhaps the tide is turning.
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

brufy wrote: Tue 23rd Feb 2021 02:21 pm

Had to cancel a January trip with the loss of hotel costs, so not thinking about anything until NEXT January. And I do think about it daily!

Foreign travel is still illegal, so there’s no real arguing with that...

Incidentally, just got home from my first dose of Pfeizer, so perhaps the tide is turning.
Optimistic the shit waves are being swept away...a pre-emptive booking.

Looks like I'm not the only one, flights from Manchester selling out like toilet roll in the 1st lockdown.