When can we return to mokum

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
dlw

When can we return to mokum

Post by dlw »

When can we go back to mokum.....what is the best way to go with little restrictions..I can't have a jab so now what...no stupid remarks like your fucked then please

Bifton

Re: When can we return to mokum

Post by Bifton »

Depends if the Dutch believe the country you are flying from is 'Safe' If you are coming from a country where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low (a safe country) you do not need to show a negative test result when you travel to the Netherlands. You are also not required to self-quarantine when you arrive in the Netherlands.

Safe countries with a low COVID-19 risk
Safe countries outside the EU/Schengen area
Australia
New Zealand
Rwanda
Singapore
South Korea
Thailand
China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). Only if China lifts entry restrictions on European travellers. Travellers from China are not required to present a negative COVID-19 test declaration.
Israel
Safe countries within the EU/Schengen area
Iceland
Portugal
Finland
Malta
Ireland
Spain: the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands only
Greece: the North Aegean Region, the South Aegean Region and the Ionian Islands Region only
Norway (excluding Oslo and the county of Agder)
Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira)
Safe countries within the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Aruba
Bonaire
Curaçao
St Maarten
Saba
St Eustatius
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Bifton wrote: Fri 28th May 2021 05:57 pm Depends if the Dutch believe the country you are flying from is 'Safe' If you are coming from a country where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low (a safe country) you do not need to show a negative test result when you travel to the Netherlands. You are also not required to self-quarantine when you arrive in the Netherlands.

Australia
New Zealand
Rwanda
Singapore
South Korea
Thailand
China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). Only if China lifts entry restrictions on European travellers. Travellers from China are not required to present a negative COVID-19 test declaration.
Israel
Iceland
Portugal
Finland
Malta
Ireland
Greece: the North Aegean Region, the South Aegean Region and the Ionian Islands Region only
Aruba
Bonaire
Curaçao
St Maarten
Saba
St Eustatius
US & UK are also on the list countries for which quarantine is NOT mandatory.

I add that because nationals of those two countries comprise vast bulk of regular posters here...on that note, while I remember Canada is also on that safe list (@Macky).
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 29th May 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Fuckers, mainland Spain not on the safe list, although I see a detour via Dublin could get me there :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
brufy

Post by brufy »

Been thinking about a two night trip 17/18 January next year, but not committing yet, as there are still too many hoops to go through at the moment. But will keep my eye on the situation. It will be two years between trips, which is the longest gap since I started visiting in 1995. Sadly missed.
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
macky

Post by macky »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 29th May 2021 02:46 am [quote=Bifton post_id=429108 time=<a href="tel:1622221069">1622221069</a> user_id=32332]
Depends if the Dutch believe the country you are flying from is 'Safe' If you are coming from a country where the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low (a safe country) you do not need to show a negative test result when you travel to the Netherlands. You are also not required to self-quarantine when you arrive in the Netherlands.

Australia
New Zealand
Rwanda
Singapore
South Korea
Thailand
Israel
Iceland
Portugal
Finland
Malta
Ireland
Aruba
Bonaire
Curaçao
St Maarten
Saba
St Eustatius

I add that because nationals of those two countries comprise vast bulk of regular posters here...on that note, while I remember Canada is also on that safe list (@Macky).
[/quote]
Planes never stopped so many Dutch nationals live here ..where still on stay at home order till next week and second shot months away ..next trip sadly will wait till 420 ..RO 420 :mrgreen:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Myself and mate just booked for Aug 23rd, 3 nights wife's are coming too this time, got a nice deal in nh flower market rooms with balconies 😁 my wife has had her first vaccine and rest of will be getting it in next few weeks also travel restrictions are being lifted here and European travel allowed again also inside somkeing, dining and drinking back on the cards in amsterdam so hoping for good time in august :mrgreen:
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 29th May 2021 02:46 am

Yes, well as per OP's polite request; I was trying to avoid using words like Fucked and We're and Then :mrgreen: What does make me laugh is that China appears to be on everyone's safe list?
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 30th May 2021 03:29 pm Myself and mate just booked for Aug 23rd, 3 nights wife's are coming too this time, got a nice deal in nh flower market rooms with balconies 😁 my wife has had her first vaccine and rest of will be getting it in next few weeks also travel restrictions are being lifted here and European travel allowed again also inside somkeing, dining and drinking back on the cards in amsterdam so hoping for good time in august :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed for you and Brufy too. You would be elevated to ACD heroes if it works out. Balcony room is a genius idea.
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

I've got the 24/7-27/7 booked and will be flying from the UK to Amsterdam (fingers crossed) but I am yet to have a vaccine as I wanted to hold off until there is an "all-in-one" vaccine, my understanding from reading above is now that flying from England there is no negative test result being requested and i do not have to quarantine when arriving in Amsterdam? I am assuming they test you at the airport before you fly?

I'm just trying to figure out the likelihood that I'll be able to go on the dates booked and not have to re-arrange, any clarification provided by your good selves would be appreciated! :idea:
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

Can anyone confirm if US travelers can visit coffeeshops and smoke inside again as of yet?

Might be able to swing a trip there early August .

If it's a go I may book soon. I'm in need of a vacay.
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

It would seem as it stands currently that US travelers still have to get a negative test 72 hours before flying out of NL to return home.

I suppose until restrictions are lifted and this isn't the case I will have to hold off despite being fully vaccinated it doesn't seem worth the hassle and or stress of something happening and then having a nightmare of a time returning back if something did somehow come back positive for whatever reason.

I will keep monitoring updates and the site to hear of good news from anyone hearing or sources that can be posted.

:mrgreen:

IT looks like if things progress like they are now. HOPEFULLY masks wont be required on planes after sometime in September-- While that isn't confirmed yet that seems to be the soonest anything published would reflect.
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

kush0la wrote: Sun 20th Jun 2021 12:20 am It would seem as it stands currently that US travelers still have to get a negative test 72 hours before flying out of NL to return home.

I suppose until restrictions are lifted and this isn't the case I will have to hold off despite being fully vaccinated it doesn't seem worth the hassle and or stress of something happening and then having a nightmare of a time returning back if something did somehow come back positive for whatever reason.

I will keep monitoring updates and the site to hear of good news from anyone hearing or sources that can be posted.

:mrgreen:

IT looks like if things progress like they are now. HOPEFULLY masks wont be required on planes after sometime in September-- While that isn't confirmed yet that seems to be the soonest anything published would reflect.
Double jabbed and I am hoping for a quick trip to Zandvoort in September too. The mask thing... Actually, the thought of going back to life without masks scares me.
I've been mouthing "Fuck Off" to people for months and I'm not sure I can stop..
brufy

Post by brufy »

Bifton wrote: Tue 22nd Jun 2021 03:04 pmDouble jabbed and I am hoping for a quick trip to Zandvoort in September too. The mask thing... Actually, the thought of going back to life without masks scares me.
I've been mouthing "Fuck Off" to people for months and I'm not sure I can stop..
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
dlw

Post by dlw »

Looks like we are all f#cked
as the e.u. are gonna quarantine every one from the uk