Opening up.

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Ghost

Re: Opening up.

Post by Ghost »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 15th Aug 2021 01:38 pm This time next week I'll be on my way to the airport can't weight, please let the gods that be pull nothing out from the universe to twart me at this stage, I don't think I'd be able for the disappointment 🤞
Fingers crossed for you buddy and sending positive vibes your way :D let us know how you get on and what is happening in town when you arrive man :thumbup:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I will my friend I will thank you for your good wishes, I'm a huge believer in positive vibes, I hope to do a live trip report, my wife is with me and my friend and his wife will be landing Monday night. My friend and I usually go without the wives, (as both have been lots of times before and even do they could smoke Bob Marley under the table don't hold the same passion as we do) so I'm reckoning that we will be more coherent than usual and the chances of a live trip report are the best thave ever been, but alas as we all know 1 gram of something strong can turn a man into a mouse, so with the best intentions and all the positive vibes in the world I will do my best😎 yours sincerely... Tom
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Tokeing tom wrote: Tue 17th Aug 2021 11:39 pm I will my friend I will thank you for your good wishes, I'm a huge believer in positive vibes, I hope to do a live trip report, my wife is with me and my friend and his wife will be landing Monday night. My friend and I usually go without the wives, (as both have been lots of times before and even do they could smoke Bob Marley under the table don't hold the same passion as we do) so I'm reckoning that we will be more coherent than usual and the chances of a live trip report are the best thave ever been, but alas as we all know 1 gram of something strong can turn a man into a mouse, so with the best intentions and all the positive vibes in the world I will do my best😎 yours sincerely... Tom
Loving the enthusiasm Tom :mrgreen: Hope its a great tríp 8)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Thanks Romoney, the excitement is real now, 1 more sleep :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

BAD news AGAIN!! I read yesterday that the EU is closing down certain countries because of the uptick in the Covid-19.
Unfortunately the US is one of them. Starting tomorrow, Sept. 6, 2021, the Netherlands will be closing it's boarders again.
Vaccinated or not, negative test or not, you'll have to quarantine for 10 days before you allowed outside.
Looks like I might have to more my dates AGAIN.....bummer. :(
Will wait and see.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 5th Sep 2021 02:28 pm BAD news AGAIN!! I read yesterday that the EU is closing down certain countries because of the uptick in the Covid-19.
Unfortunately the US is one of them. Starting tomorrow, Sept. 6, 2021, the Netherlands will be closing it's boarders again.
Vaccinated or not, negative test or not, you'll have to quarantine for 10 days before you allowed outside.
Looks like I might have to more my dates AGAIN.....bummer. :(
Will wait and see.

AzLaker
8)
I am not surprised. I'm shooting for April or sooner. We will see where this leads.
"Laif" with a long "a".
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Shit news Azlaker, don't suppose u could fly to Ireland first then on to dam, I had my covid passport and locater forms all filled out but nobody asked me for them, all I needed was my normal passport, I'm not saying this would definitely work but I was shocked at how lax everyone in airport was🤔
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lafe wrote: Tue 7th Sep 2021 05:08 am I am not surprised. I'm shooting for April or sooner. We will see where this leads.
Tokeing tom wrote: Tue 7th Sep 2021 08:22 am Shit news Azlaker, don't suppose u could fly to Ireland first then on to dam, I had my covid passport and locater forms all filled out but nobody asked me for them, all I needed was my normal passport, I'm not saying this would definitely work but I was shocked at how lax everyone in airport was🤔
Lafe, I agree. I was waiting for this to happen too. Personally, I thought it would happen sooner. I'm going to stay on top of it and play it by ear. Maybe I'll get lucky and things will change, but I'm not counting on it. I can always change my flight, like I have in the past. Just have to let my landlady know what's going on.

Dam Tom, I wish I could. Unfortunately Delta goes straight to Amsterdam from the U.S. That's a great idea though, thanks. :)

AzLaker
8)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Shit buzz!

I see Spain is still not on the safe list.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Screw it. :evil: I know Amsterdam probably won't open for travel from the U.S., at least until the first of the year, so I moved my travel dates again.

It's back to April 2022 for the 420 get together. Dates are the same as October, except a different month....4-16-22 until 4-22-22. :mrgreen:

Man oh Shavitz :shock: I wonder if I'll ever make it over there. :yawn:

AzLaker
8)
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 8th Sep 2021 09:46 pmIt's back to April 2022 for the 420 get together. Dates are the same as October, except a different month....4-16-22 until 4-22-22.
Posting on Whos In Town amended.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... ril.htm#16

Enjoy
FlyByNite
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Thanks FBN :)

AzLaker
8)
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 8th Sep 2021 09:46 pm Screw it. :evil: I know Amsterdam probably won't open for travel from the U.S., at least until the first of the year, so I moved my travel dates again.

It's back to April 2022 for the 420 get together. Dates are the same as October, except a different month....4-16-22 until 4-22-22. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
I just booked hotel for the same dates.
"Laif" with a long "a".
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lafe wrote: Thu 9th Sep 2021 04:19 am
AzLaker wrote: Wed 8th Sep 2021 09:46 pm Screw it. :evil: I know Amsterdam probably won't open for travel from the U.S., at least until the first of the year, so I moved my travel dates again.

AzLaker
8)

Fantastic. Let's hope April 2022 is a winner. :shock: :lol:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Thu 9th Sep 2021 02:14 pm
Lafe wrote: Thu 9th Sep 2021 04:19 am

AzLaker
8)

Fantastic. Let's hope April 2022 is a winner. :shock: :lol:

AzLaker
8)
Shame your trips have had to been bumped to next year yet again guys!!. I to have cancelled my trip that was booked for October as KLM kept moving the flight dates and still restrictions in the uk so was able to get a full refund on my flights and digs. I still have a trip booked for end of November but KLM have already cost me a day on that trip so that may have to be cancelled also :evil: but still hoping i can at least get 3 nights in but if still restrictions then i will cancel.

I also have the same dates(or roughly the same, cant remember exactly, will check shortly) for April 2022 :D chaps :wave: bloody well hope we all make this 420 guys as goddam we all need a good old session and a blow out in our favourite city, really miss Dam. Will be good to get to have a smoke in our fav coffeeshops and get to have a conversation with you all :D lets keep hoping
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D