smoking hotels list

Accommodation related topics.
king solomon

smoking hotels list

Post by king solomon »

i have noticed that when looking for a place to stay in amsterdam its hard to find a hotel that allows smoking weed in the room. i know there must be loads out there but there is not one single place that lists them all (hint hint to all website designers lol) and i dont know if its me but i get bored staying in the same places all the time so i thought i would start a thread for a while on this subject so we could compile a decent list of hotels/hostals/apartments that allow smoking (or some that dont but turn a blind eye for a good tip if you know what i mean :wink: ) i'll get it started with some that i know of and hopefully we can get a good list going :D

hotels
A-Train
Hotel De Koopermoolen/ de mallemoolen (shared facilaties part of same building)
amsterdam botel (aint to sure if thats still there)
old quarter
old nickel
hotel vijaya
hotel singel
delta city dam square
nh barbizon palace (5* hotel)
City Hotel Amsterdam
Hemp Hotel
Hotel Tourist Inn
Winston Hotel
Hotel pax
Hotel the veteran
City hotel
Hotel the crown
greenhouse effect
voygers

apartments
Amsterdam cribs
amsterdamstay.com
apartment paul
amsterdamescape.com

zeeburg camping (if ur into that kind of thing)

come on guys lets see how many we can find
Last edited by king solomon on Sat 7th May 2011 03:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

weed=illegal alcohol=legal why?
abcdabcd

Post by abcdabcd »

I'd like to try to get something cleared up. If they say smoking is allowed, is there a line between weed or tobacco? Or is it if they allow smoking then weed shouldn't be a problem? Or are there hotels with signs that specifically state, 'no drugs' ?

I'm staying at a Holiday Inn in Leiden and got a smoking room but, I don't know for sure if smoking weed would be ok or not. Especially after seeing that other thread here with somebody getting detained for Cannabis in NL trying to get into a festival, so it got me thinking. Just strange that they would do such a thing, I mean it's ok for you to purchase it but, not have it on you or smoke it where you want? (i know if a place says no smoking you can't but, being detained?) What do they expect you to do with it after you purchase it? Doesn't make any sense.
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

de mallemoolen on warmoestraat allows smoking in all rooms :wink:

not sure about de koopermoolen though
sam

Post by sam »

abcdabcd wrote:I'd like to try to get something cleared up. If they say smoking is allowed, is there a line between weed or tobacco? Or is it if they allow smoking then weed shouldn't be a problem? Or are there hotels with signs that specifically state, 'no drugs' ?

I'm staying at a Holiday Inn in Leiden and got a smoking room but, I don't know for sure if smoking weed would be ok or not. Especially after seeing that other thread here with somebody getting detained for Cannabis in NL trying to get into a festival, so it got me thinking. Just strange that they would do such a thing, I mean it's ok for you to purchase it but, not have it on you or smoke it where you want? (i know if a place says no smoking you can't but, being detained?) What do they expect you to do with it after you purchase it? Doesn't make any sense.
I will do my best to clear this up for you WEED IS NOT LEGAL in the Netherlands. You must ask even if they say smoking is allowed because they are talking about cigs not weed. Some hotels have signs that specifically state no drugs the NH in Zandvoort is one of them and the person at the front desk said they kick you out even for having it on you. You are only to smoke weed at home or in a coffee shop, everyone you see walking around doing it is breaking the law.
Now with all that being said just open the window in the hotel and do not smoke around old people or little kids while you are out walking around and you will be good to go. I have noticed the police have become alot less forgiving about walking around smoking weed in the last few years. On my first trip in 2000 I walked up to a cop and asked direction to a coffee shop while smoking a joint and he just gave me directions.
king solomon

Post by king solomon »

gixxer wrote:de mallemoolen on warmoestraat allows smoking in all rooms :wink:

not sure about de koopermoolen though
ok ive just added de mallemoolen to the list and koopermoolen is fine to smoke in as it is the hotel part of the same building, and de mallemoolen is the shared facilaties part :D
dreama

Post by dreama »

amsterdamstay.com allows smoking in 99% of apartments.

Also apartmentpaul is great and he is such a cool guy. He picked us up from CS, took us to the local AH and didnt kick us out when I had forgotten to read the confirmation email properly and didn't have all of the damage deposit.

Cant recommend that place highly enough.

Peace

Dreama
The bird will fly....
Boner

Post by Boner »

I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they got thrown out of the A Train Hotel for smoking weed.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Mick Stoner

Post by Mick Stoner »

I'm not sure if the hotels would appreciate people putting them on a list for smoking, because all hotels are supposed to be none smoking by law.

But the 4 hotels i've stayed in have all let me smoke 8) :lol:
These were only 1 and 2 star hotels mind.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Mick Stoner wrote:I'm not sure if the hotels would appreciate people putting them on a list for smoking, because all hotels are supposed to be none smoking by law.
I dont think thats true, I'm pretty sure it's up to each hotel if they want to have smoking rooms or not, the NH hotels openly advertise smoking rooms.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Boner wrote:
Mick Stoner wrote:I'm not sure if the hotels would appreciate people putting them on a list for smoking, because all hotels are supposed to be none smoking by law.
I dont think thats true, I'm pretty sure it's up to each hotel if they want to have smoking rooms or not, the NH hotels openly advertise smoking rooms.
i phoned up hotel city garden after the ban was introduced & he said no its definatly illegal to smoke in hotels, i said to him that in england theirs also a smoking ban but that you could still smoke in hotel rooms, he was adamant that the dutch ban covered the entire hotel
Boner

Post by Boner »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
Boner wrote:
i phoned up hotel city garden after the ban was introduced & he said no its definatly illegal to smoke in hotels, i said to him that in england theirs also a smoking ban but that you could still smoke in hotel rooms, he was adamant that the dutch ban covered the entire hotel
In hotels, the rules state that you must not smoke in rooms where staff are not protected. This is especially true for hotel lobbies and breakfast/dining rooms. Individual hoteliers can dictate whether smoking is allowed in other hotel rooms. To be sure, request a copy of the establishment’s house rules.

http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting/t ... smokingban
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

good to know boner that its just the individual hotels who are using the law as an excuse :twisted:
[/b]
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

defo no probs tokin or drinking in de mallemoolen,,,,least we didnt have in may 8)
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Old Quarter , smoked while sittng next to the window , wasn't even mentioned :)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
king solomon

Post by king solomon »

ftcarer wrote:Old Quarter , smoked while sittng next to the window , wasn't even mentioned :)
cheers ive just added to list :D