Hotel Voyagers

Accommodation related topics.
seouleast70

Re: Hotel Voyagers

Post by seouleast70 »

I wanted the double room, but there is one day in the middle of my stay that was booked. Crap. That one day screwed my stay there.

Not long now....
samuraiwriter

Post by samuraiwriter »

seouleast70 wrote:I wanted the double room, but there is one day in the middle of my stay that was booked. Crap. That one day screwed my stay there.
Sorry about that. :lol:

Also, sorry about missing the TNT. My girl busted three bones in her foot on the first day of our trip. We hadn't even checked into Voyagers yet. (sigh)

Regardless, the room could not have been more comfortable for both of us. Nice and warm, clean, spacious, lovely bath, view, etc. We will certainly be returning soon, this time without the busted foot. Stairs were easy to manage, not steep at all by Dutch standards, seen much worse. I was able to carry our newly purchased wheelchair up and down the stairs with little trouble. My girl even shimmied up and down on her ass, it was a treat to watch.

The gentlemen (and lady) were amazing hosts. We only wish we had more time in the CS with them, but next time for sure. Despite the fact we were pretty much stuck in the room (Leg high and dry, as the doctor requested.) it was a good holiday. Big thanks to our Vaporblunt as well.

(I would not smoke in the rooms, we heard the alarm several times. I smoked every joint outside and it was worth it. Great view on the canal outside and had some interesting interactions.)

Stay at Voyagers Hotel, you'll not regret it.
voosh

Post by voosh »

Double post.
Last edited by voosh on Sat 15th Feb 2014 02:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
voosh

Post by voosh »

Couldn't have had a better experience during my stay here.

When I went to check in HB was all like no we don't have you on our system, shouted Danny over and he immediately saw the booking.... Stoners :mrgreen:

Room was really clean and spacious and the tub was great, nice new TV what I could plug my USB into s watch a few films on and felt safe leaving my belongings here through the day.

The absolute best thing about staying here besides the coffeeshop location and weed was the keyless room keys. Just a quick flash of the tag at the door and your room and your in. No fumbling with the key bullshit which is a lifesaver when you're completely fried.

Coffeeshop had a great atmosphere once I calmed down and appreciated where I was and met some great people from afar. Some lovely people and even heard somebody saying they were from my hometown in the UK. Small world.

Anyway, I agree with the above poster who was probably the person staying before I was, the alarms went off several times and people were blatantly smoking in the rooms and the place smelt great to be honest, and you could easily get away with a few bongs but the canal outside is a much better smoke spot and even the policemen wandering by are happy to say hello and wish you a good day.

All in all I would give voyagers a 10/10 for my stay, I'm not licking arse of the most reputable shop in town but I genuinely had a great stay here and will definitely book again. Great location, people, weed, ease of access and some great interactions and memories of my first time visiting Amsterdam.
fedefreedom

Post by fedefreedom »

I will be in Amsterdam from 26 march to 30 march, you advised to stay at this hotel? I will be there with my girlfriend.
Thanks to all
Peace and pot!
Weed-o

Post by Weed-o »

fedefreedom wrote:I will be in Amsterdam from 26 march to 30 march, you advised to stay at this hotel? I will be there with my girlfriend.
Thanks to all
Peace and pot!
Voyagers hotel is the best deal you can get for your money 8) . It's clean, the bathroom is spacious and the view is great. I've stayed in room number 2 for 4 nights with my gf and loved it.
Plus, one of the best coffeeshop in town just downstairs.

Edit to add: be sure not to get the basement room. It's not bad, but it's not as comfortable and convenient as the others
fedefreedom

Post by fedefreedom »

weed-o thanks for your sharing... finally i think that i chose that hotel for my holidays!
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

First ever stay at the hotel Voyagers and I have to say I'm impressed!

I've been coming to the coffeeshop for years now, but had always stopped at the hotel Vijaya up until now... Was originally coming to celebrate my mate's Birthday with his wife and a mate of mine, but the other guy I was coming with had to pull out, so the two rooms I'd booked for us, the double ensuite directly above the shop and the twin ensuite on the next floor up got adjusted to the original double ensuite and the double ensuite in the basement for me on my own...

I could have got myself a single back at Vijaya and saved a little bit of cash, but I thought it would be easier since my two friends had never been to Amsterdam before and I didn't want to be staying too far away from them. As it turned out, the basement room was better than perfect for me, so I thought I'd treat myself to a double on my own!

I'd had surgery on my knee just over a month ago, and the six or seven steps down to my room directly off the street were easy to manage (banged my head a couple of times on the doorframe, but...) - much easier than the two flights of steps up to the twin ensuite which I'd originally reserved..

The bed was great - the bathroom/toilet was quite large for Amsterdam standards and was more than enough for me, and the room itself was much bigger than pretty much ANY room I'd stayed in before on my previous trips over the last 20 odd years... Widescreen tv on the wall - though I never even switched it on once and more than enough space to keep my gear nice and secure.

The only confusion I had initially was how to turn on the light in the bathroom! There was one switch in the bedroom (which strangely enough operated the light in the bedroom) but no sign of the extra light switch. Oh well, I thought and crashed out... The following morning, I made the revelation - the light switch is just outside the room! Not a problem - nothing a quick reach around from the front door couldn't sort out, but it did have me scratching my head in a dozed stoner kind of way for a while...

Towels and bed linen are provided, but no consumables like soap or shower gel, which wasn't an issue as I always carry my own anyway, and the heating was taken care of by a large heated towel rail which did both jobs brilliantly.

I just love the idea of having your room in the same building as the coffeeshop, and on the second morning, waiting for my friends to come down from upstairs, all I had to do was pull on my zip-up sweatshirt and stroll up to the coffeeshop to order a schmoke and a drink and wait for them to arrive! Nice.

Great service once again from the fine folks at Voyagers! Thanks to HB, Bebo and all the crew!

Now I can say with my hand on my heart, "top coffeeshop and top hotel too".

I've just booked another three rooms for my mate's wife's birthday in June!

8)
stanleymoon

Post by stanleymoon »

stayed here for a couple of nights last week. clean, comfortable, great view, dirt cheap for where and what it is.
try to get one of the first floor rooms because those stairs are bastards and i wouldn't want to be crawling up four flights of the fuckers, stoned in the early daft hours.
i had room two and my only complaints are that there needs to be a shower bracket installed in the bathroom, holding the shower head over yourself while you're trying to get washed is a bit of a bugger. and bleed the sodding radiators, there was a water hammer going on all night on Tuesday.
it was great and i'll stay there again on any future short trips.
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

and bleed the sodding radiators, there was a water hammer going on all night on Tuesday.
I'll pop a radiator key in the washbag for my stay in room 2 in a couple of weeks.

:D
Matroos negenenvijftig
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

One more suggestion...coat hooks please :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
matty223

Post by matty223 »

USBONGLORD wrote:One more suggestion…coat hooks please :mrgreen:
yes ,, def. need a few coat hooks
BigEars

Post by BigEars »

Stayed in room 4 last week. Great stay as usual.

Anybody been out on that balcony? I wasn't sure if I should risk it after a day of smoking :D
nala2991

Post by nala2991 »

Hey

So did you guys book it from hotelrunners.com? Because it looks kinda weird, i dont know if i can trust it or not to be honest.... Or do you have to send them an email to book the rooms?
matty223

Post by matty223 »

nala2991 wrote:Hey

So did you guys book it from hotelrunners.com? Because it looks kinda weird, i dont know if i can trust it or not to be honest.... Or do you have to send them an email to book the rooms?

hotelrunners is what they use,, you can take a chance ans show up to see if they have a room available , but i would advise againstdoing that,, its a very popular hotel these days,, and it books up fast,, so your best bet is to use the hotlrunners site

Peace Matty TSA