Hotel Voyagers

Accommodation related topics.
Boner

Hotel Voyagers

Post by Boner »

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 9107686012

hotelvoyagersamsterdam[at]gmail.com

Just thought I'd do a bit of a promotion for Voyagers, ACD member Highly Blessed is now running this place, I believe they've done a renovation and knowing HB a complete overhaul of the menu (those that went to Bagheera when he was there will know), try and keep the hate down until you've been as it's a fresh start for both coffeeshop and hotel.

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

HB is a nice guy might have to pass by & say hello , thanks for the update Boner
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Thats who this is, I had a friend request on Facebook. Now I know.
Endure
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

what was the place like before boner and what was the coffeshop called wonder when his websites goin be up could do with seen some pics thinkin of bookin here in december
Boner

Post by Boner »

Pretty sure it's always been called Voyagers, I'll be honest I've walked past a million times (like most that venture down Haarlemmerstraat) and never gone in, tehy're working on a website, I'll ask him if they've got any pics...
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

oh so its just of there is it ive probably done the same as you, yea id be intrested at avin a look what its like wouldnt be bothered usaully but me mothers comin with me this time as its 10 years since our first trip
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Boner wrote:Pretty sure it's always been called Voyagers, I'll be honest I've walked past a million times (like most that venture down Haarlemmerstraat) and never gone in, tehy're working on a website, I'll ask him if they've got any pics...
Coming out of the station , is it not the opposite direction to Haarlemmerstraat ? round the corner from Central CS , or have I mixed this place up with somewhere else ? :?
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

outta centraal station , turn left and you,ll find it on prins hendrikade 8)

stayed near there a year ago but never went in as it looked a dive

good luck to HB, im sure he,ll do a good job like he did at bagheera :lol:
RIP Lee Rigby

a fallen brother
CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

gixxer wrote:stayed near there a year ago but never went in as it looked a dive
i saw it in july, on my walk around town taking photos of every coffeeshop i could find. it looked so awfull i actually decided not to photo it, and it never made it into the photo tour video i made. that was the only coffeeshop that i decided not to photo. i even photod old church and flower power (i think) near sanemetereng.

still, this is not a dig... i am very glad to hear that it is under new management, because the only way is up! heres hoping a decent new place is born :D
Trips to the 'dam: 27
Boner

Post by Boner »

Oops I was thinking of this place: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6712099

Yeah HB and his business partner are doing a renovation, new bathrooms, new heating and a lick of paint outside, plus knowing HB a full overhaul of the smoking menu, they're open from 7am as well which is always handy knowing.
highlyblessed

Post by highlyblessed »

Boner wrote:Oops I was thinking of this place: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6712099

Yeah HB and his business partner are doing a renovation, new bathrooms, new heating and a lick of paint outside, plus knowing HB a full overhaul of the smoking menu, they're open from 7am as well which is always handy knowing.
yeah we just to the east side of the station,the new heating should be done by mid week,the inside should be compleatly finished by end this week too!
full overhaul of the menu was first thing done,the butter is back!!!
havin problems with gmail for some reason, can pm or facebook us to book till we sort it out
we got rooms for cannabis cup and new years if anybody needs
blesssss
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Good luck in your new job HB 8).
Iko

Post by Iko »

Awesome.
Goodluck H.B., maybe you can post us a menu pic ?
Is that the same butter hash as you had at Bhageera ?
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Excellent! Good show, HB!

I remember Voyager two owners ago... went inside and took a look at THE most expensive menu I had ever seen! I remember the minimum purchase amount was like 35 euros for maybe two or three grams of basic Afghani! The folks running it were nice enough, they were all East Asian and acted like family. Oddly enough there were rice cookers and stuff all around the shop/lobby and it looked more like a Chinese Restaurant than Coffeeshop!

A year or two ago we stopped by again and this time it was a more normalized menu with the basics... white widow, one or two Marocs, an Afghani black etc. This time the owners all had distinctive Russian accents! A basic menu and bland interior kept us from sampling anything tho...

We'll be in town on the 5th of December and will ABSOLUTELY give it a whirl! I'll be sure to take some menu pics too...

-HD
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Found my pic of Voyager's (two owners ago)...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... eeshop.jpg

-HD
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast