Willem's Houseboat on Nieuwe Prinsengracht

Accommodation related topics.
EasilySuede

Willem's Houseboat on Nieuwe Prinsengracht

Post by EasilySuede »

http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/map/grac ... at/L01008/

I have a reservation at this smoke/canna-friendly houseboat for my May/June visit. I'll definitely provide feedback on the forum after my stay; there's already quite a bit on the boat's webpage. If anyone else has something to add here it would be appreciated. Cheers

EasilySuede

Re: Willem's Houseboat on Nieuwe Prinsengracht

Post by EasilySuede »

I cancelled my fairweather May/June AMS trip, so the reservations at Willem's houseboat and Ellen's apartment near Sarphati Park are cancelled, and now available.

Here are the properties:

Willem's- http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/search/e ... precords=0

Ellen's- http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/search/e ... records=10

enjoy!
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Citymundo detail and rental app...
http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/accommod ... ht-L01008/

I'm almost halfway through my 15 night stay, and can't say enough good things about this place. Especially for the price.

Willem, the owner, is full of great stories and valuable info. The room has a kitchen w/fridge, quite a few windows looking on the canal, a TV, and dining table- nothing fancy, but if you're interested in houseboat life fancy isn't required. Oh, and a big unbreakable bed for couples (might that be a challenge? :mrgreen: ). Great wifi reception. He also provides you use of a Albert Heijn Bonus card, attached to the rental keys. Big plus for long stays- a clothes washer! It's in a quiet part of town- feels like a real neighborhood.

This afternoon we topped off the 5 afghani plants he has growing (the legal limit) off his back deck- so to say that this place is canna-friendly would be the understatement of the year. He's even considering equiping the room with a vaporizer. 8) And the property's located about two blocks from Het Balonnetje, with student-friendly prices for the local university.

This trip report says that the owner told stories of gay backpacking, but Willem's about as straight as they come, so no worries there if that's a concern...
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 10&t=19862
stints

Post by stints »

are you in the room with the kitchen?

look in the vase on the shelf left to the tv :)

greetings i stayed there recently :)

enjoy!
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

EasilySuede wrote:He also provides you use of a Albert Heijn Bonus card, attached to the rental keys.
And I provided the same service to one of the Apartment Paul H1 key rings. :roll:
You can always go to the counter at AH and ask for your own bonus card. :wink:
They're free. :)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

stints wrote:are you in the room with the kitchen?
enjoy!
Cheers, stints! 8) Smells like Cheese

That's Willem holding the bag. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the additional info, Nimrod.
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

Nice. Stoners helping Stoners.

What goes around comes around.

:D :D
Matroos negenenvijftig
stints

Post by stints »

haha cool you found it :) enjoy...say hi to wilhelm ask if he has any peter pan left (peanutbutter).... i had that left over and didnt want to transfer it and thought id leave it for a fellow stoner to find at some point ...little did i know the next stoner is a acd member haha ...again enjoy...and it aint cheese ...:) but dont ask what it is haha i dont remember ..
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

stints wrote:haha cool you found it :) enjoy...say hi to wilhelm ask if he has any peter pan left (peanutbutter).... i had that left over and didnt want to transfer it and thought id leave it for a fellow stoner to find at some point ...little did i know the next stoner is a acd member haha ...again enjoy...and it aint cheese ...:) but dont ask what it is haha i dont remember ..
That peanut butter is long gone, as is the jar I brought a week ago. :shock:
The man likes his peanut butter (pinta kaas).
btw, he likes the ACD forum concept- and sees the members more as "connoisseurs of cannabis"-
the kind of clientele he would rather have here compared to beer-blowout-ers.

Foot commute tip: Kerkstraat is like a pedestrian express route (no throngs to wade through) from Leidsestraat
to the quaint Magere Brug across the Amstel, at which point you're almost here.

Cheers for the mystery bud, stints. I may leave it, and anything I have left as well, in the Karma Jar.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

stayed here in november for 4 nights. Willem was using the second room to grow (blue misty i think) i had turned up a little early and he was obviously stoned off hes bloody face. he was a nice enough bloke, but i made the mistake of talking about peanut butter sandwich combinations and he was getting seriously aroused. without doubt this bloke will love you if you bring him some peanut butter. i was very pleased with all the neighbors that always seemed to come over and shake my hand (not sure why). it was nice enough room. best thing for me was mornings nice hot chocomel with wake & bake joint with feet dangling out the window, also worth popping into ah on the way to boat from tram stop for bread for the ducks especially the other birds were aggressive and went ape shit when they didnt any but the ducks ate out of your hands and was pretty cute. unfortunately that trip i was showing friends around dam and didnt get to enjoy this place as i could have if i went solo. worst thing was walking back really wasted about midnight after utopia t&ts just seemed to take forever. and the bridge you have to cross over scared the shit out of me when it started talking..

EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Stuart, I can see the headline now...

ACDers Share Same Bed,
Not At Same Time

Thanks for the pics and write-up
(I'll have to score some duck brood later today)

cheers
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

stints wrote:are you in the room with the kitchen?
enjoy!
Rob_OG and I left a couple of strains in the karma jar the day before I left, along with your original.
And I left my glass pipe in there as I was leaving.
Should be a nice bit of kit to get a stay started. 8)

enjoy
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

EasilySuede wrote: Rob_OG and I left a couple of strains in the karma jar the day before I left, along with your original.
And I left my glass pipe in there as I was leaving.
Should be a nice bit of kit to get a stay started. 8)

enjoy
That was a fine afternoon on the canal.
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.