Apartment over hotel

Accommodation related topics.
joker

Apartment over hotel

Post by joker »

Just booked metropolitan apartment with garden for 2 nights for 2 people (sleeps upto 4) €340 (£293) right in the centre.did find a couple of cheaper apartments but the garden is a big plus for chilling and smokin.
This will b my 4th visit in the last 3 yrs and the last 3 times have stayed in apartments. I'm not a snob but very rarely when booking hotels I usually go for a minimum 3 star usually a 4star. I want it to b clean at least and so far the previous 2 have been great for similar money to this one hopefully this one is as good as the reviews.so for the amount you can pay for an apartment ,the privacy, more room and a place you can go back to and chill for me these are good enough reasons to go for an apartment over a hotel Definitely imo if your looking for accommodation something to cosider :D

ysmugu

Re: Apartment over hotel

Post by ysmugu »

I stayed in an apartment once and loved it. Would prefer to do it every trip but never seem to find one I can afford when I am planning to go :(
joker

Post by joker »

I have stayed twice at monument Jordaan /brouwersgracht .Nice apartment I would recommend great value but the only small downside is like most it's non smoking this can be booked through booking.com.
The metropolitan apartment with garden can b booked through TripAdvisor or as I have just found out you can book direct with the owners through their own website which is cheaper www.metropolitan.nu
great reviews but I will have to wait until July to find out. There are some good value apartments in the dam but i did have to do a bit of searching. Hopefully these couple of apartments in the future may be of help to someone
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I stopped staying in hotels years ago, since the first time I tried an apartment.
I just looked at the apartment you rented and I have to tell you that for the money you paid, you can find way better apartments on Airbnb. I have rented ground floor apartments with gardens for around the same money that are way nicer and with many more amenities than that one.
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Apartments are the way to go, especially the smoker friendly rentals. I started going to the Dam in 2005 and when they stopped allowing smoking in hotels. I think that was around 2007-2008. If you want a good company to rent from try amsterdamescape.com or amsterdamstay.com
joker

Post by joker »

Totally agree old timer there is better than what I booked like monument jordaan / brourwersgracht where I stayed previously but this time round had only one date I could do and this seamed reasonable enough :-) Good heads up for Airbnb have come across them but never used. another couple of good recommendation by mj420 :D
Strawberries

Post by Strawberries »

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced apartment in Amsterdam for this August that allows smoking cannabis. I would always email a smoking apartment to check it's okay.
For the last few years it hasn't been a problem, in fact there was a fair bit of choice and I could bargain the owners down as it's a 2 week stay.
But this year, looking on airbnb which i have always used and other sites like amsterdamstay and excape it seems the prices have shot up.
There are some pretty small and grotty looking apartments charging a fortune when for the same price or cheaper you could get a big room in a top 4 star hotel. The extra facilities the apartments have to offer don't justify this price hike in my opinion.
Maybe nearer the time there'll be some good offers, i'll wait and see.