Anyone have any good cheap room ideas

Accommodation related topics.
jonah1983

Anyone have any good cheap room ideas

Post by jonah1983 »

Hi guys was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cheap accommodation I always stay in voyagers but am open to trying somewere else this time around the same price or cheaper preferably with a TV in the room thanks if anyone has any suggestions

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Anyone have any good cheap room ideas

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Prices have skyrocketed over the last couple of years. I'd recommend using the Trivago site for price comparison.
jonah1983

Post by jonah1983 »

Thanks il give that a try always have voyagers as a fall back if I don't find anything else
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

The greenhouse effect are cheap enough. Worth a look perhaps.
jonah1983

Post by jonah1983 »

Thanks man for the reply just checked that for my possible dates no availability for them I might take the plunge and go for a hostel for my solo trip
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Camping Zeeburg have ecocabins and wagonettes, and isn't bad. No TV, at least a couple of years ago, but very good wifi.
Sierra130

Post by Sierra130 »

jonah1983 wrote: Tue 21st Aug 2018 08:13 pm Hi guys was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cheap accommodation I always stay in voyagers but am open to trying somewere else this time around the same price or cheaper preferably with a TV in the room thanks if anyone has any suggestions
Did you find anything cheaper?
jonah1983

Post by jonah1983 »

Thanks il check that out are they heated in the winter and no not just yet but I'm not going until October I'm going to stay in a hostel I think there are quite a few for around 20 a night
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

They only do the eco-cabins in winter, which are quite warm via some ingenious method of grass roof and underfloor heating. Trust me, I'm a wuss, although there was a hardy Irishman actually camping in a tent in November when I was there. You do have to walk to a shower block, so probably best to wear more than a towel and flip-flops.
smokini

Post by smokini »

Check priceline nyop. Was able to make a few bargains this way. Also in Amsterdam business hotels are quite cheap in summer season, whereas your typical tourit hotel rates will rise during that time. Krasnapolsky in July is only 150€ if you look around a bit for example, there normal rates are more around 300€. Same goes for cheaper hotels.

I can recommend the Artemis Hotel. It is a 4 Star business Hotel, with comfy rooms. Disadvantage is, it is a bit off track. The tram station is next to the hotel and the tram takes about 25 Minutes to get to the city centre. You can score a Double in Artemis for 50€ pretty much all the time though.Check hrsdeals.de they usually have it in sale.