Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Accommodation related topics.
User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

I heard that the Bulldog Hotel and Hostel will be closed for Renovations from about February to about July next year (2020).


He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
RoMoney
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu 26th Oct 2017 10:58 pm
Location: EU

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by RoMoney »

ed the head wrote:
Tue 16th Jul 2019 09:06 am
I heard that the Bulldog Hotel and Hostel will be closed for Renovations from about February to about July next year (2020).
Its getting more than a lick of paint if it will be closed that long! I hope the closure isn't overlapping with any planned trips of yours.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

RoMoney wrote:
Mon 22nd Jul 2019 03:44 pm
ed the head wrote:
Tue 16th Jul 2019 09:06 am
I heard that the Bulldog Hotel and Hostel will be closed for Renovations from about February to about July next year (2020).
Its getting more than a lick of paint if it will be closed that long! I hope the closure isn't overlapping with any planned trips of yours.
I am running out of Hajj 2019 time ... I am aiming for a late October stay this year.

But, YES, that is my Hajj 2020 PRIME TIME, so it's either break with tradition in terms of accommodations :shock: or wait until they're done.

How on time are the Dutch anyway?

I would guess when Euros are pending, they move pretty quick.
He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
Willjay
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri 2nd Oct 2009 08:28 pm
Location: The keystone state, in the land of prohibition

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by Willjay »

Hello Ed the head, to answer your question, even with lots of Euros the delays can be long, the Rijks museum was delayed over a year.
Hope you can get your fill of Amsterdam and wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org

User avatar
RoMoney
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu 26th Oct 2017 10:58 pm
Location: EU

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by RoMoney »

A private commercial enterprise like the Bulldog might be quicker than the Dutch Gov, given they are taking such a hit having it closed, but renovations are not always straighyforward. Ed you have some experience of that yourself :)

I would book a trip and break tradition rather than risk holding out for completion, which might not happen on time, but that's just me :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

Willjay wrote:
Sat 27th Jul 2019 03:08 pm
Hello Ed the head, to answer your question, even with lots of Euros the delays can be long, the Rijks museum was delayed over a year.
Hope you can get your fill of Amsterdam and wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
God I hope not!
He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
Sanchez_
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu 21st Mar 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by Sanchez_ »

ed the head wrote:
Mon 29th Jul 2019 02:17 pm
Willjay wrote:
Sat 27th Jul 2019 03:08 pm
Hello Ed the head, to answer your question, even with lots of Euros the delays can be long, the Rijks museum was delayed over a year.
Hope you can get your fill of Amsterdam and wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
God I hope not!
We will find you another stoop sir!

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

Sanchez_ wrote:
Mon 29th Jul 2019 11:17 pm
ed the head wrote:
Mon 29th Jul 2019 02:17 pm
Willjay wrote:
Sat 27th Jul 2019 03:08 pm
Hello Ed the head, to answer your question, even with lots of Euros the delays can be long, the Rijks museum was delayed over a year.
Hope you can get your fill of Amsterdam and wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
God I hope not!
We will find you another stoop sir!
Bedankt Meneer!
He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
OneHighMofo
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed 25th Feb 2015 06:04 pm

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by OneHighMofo »

ed the head wrote:
Mon 29th Jul 2019 02:17 pm
Willjay wrote:
Sat 27th Jul 2019 03:08 pm
wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
God I hope not!
Er, they’ve always had ensuite rooms. At least in the past two decades!

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

OneHighMofo wrote:
Tue 30th Jul 2019 09:51 am
ed the head wrote:
Mon 29th Jul 2019 02:17 pm
Willjay wrote:
Sat 27th Jul 2019 03:08 pm
wondering if there going upscale with en-suite rooms
God I hope not!
Er, they’ve always had ensuite rooms. At least in the past two decades!
Just 1 or 2, no?
He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
OneHighMofo
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed 25th Feb 2015 06:04 pm

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by OneHighMofo »

Not sure of the exact numbers - but there are multiple en-suite rooms on every floor. As far as I can tell they outnumber the dorms at least 2 or 3 to 1. Not to mention the row of private 2 and 3 bed apartments they have just 50 yards down the street.

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

OneHighMofo wrote:
Tue 30th Jul 2019 11:43 am
Not sure of the exact numbers - but there are multiple en-suite rooms on every floor. As far as I can tell they outnumber the dorms at least 2 or 3 to 1. Not to mention the row of private 2 and 3 bed apartments they have just 50 yards down the street.
Bedankt!
He who tries to shine dims his own light

User avatar
OneHighMofo
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed 25th Feb 2015 06:04 pm

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by OneHighMofo »

ed the head wrote:
Tue 30th Jul 2019 08:13 pm
OneHighMofo wrote:
Tue 30th Jul 2019 11:43 am
Not sure of the exact numbers - but there are multiple en-suite rooms on every floor. As far as I can tell they outnumber the dorms at least 2 or 3 to 1. Not to mention the row of private 2 and 3 bed apartments they have just 50 yards down the street.
Bedankt!
Graag gedaan. Ik weet niet zeker of het helemaal juist is.

User avatar
Sanchez_
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu 21st Mar 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by Sanchez_ »

Spoiler alert: Website front page clearly states all rooms en-suite

User avatar
ed the head
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon 29th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by ed the head »

Pretty sure that just means all rooms have a bathroom. They are almost all dorm rooms 4-12 people. I believe they have 1-2 private rooms for 1-2
He who tries to shine dims his own light

Post Reply

Return to “Hotels”