New Shop Lists

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

New Shop Lists

Post by Lemming »

If you've been using the ACD for a long time you might remember how there used to be a list of all shop reviewers with links to the shops they'd reviewed. Limited space on the FreeUK server led me to drop this list, amongst other things. Now, thanks to HullDJ, space is not such an issue.

I've been experimenting with a few new lists as part of an ongoing overhaul of the site and its navigation. One of these resurrects the reviewers list. When I dropped this, years ago, it was already big but, although I receive far fewer reviews these days, the new list is absolutely vast! If you view this on a phone you could be scrolling for days!

Reviews by Reviewer

I've tried a few others too. A simpler list of all shops with at least one review runs to nearly a thousand shops so even this is quite big:

Shops with Reviews

This one lists all shops that have a reviews page on the forum. There are 369 of these:

Shops with Forum Pages

Another lists shops that have menus linked from FBN's coffeeshopmenus site. There are 289 of these:

Shops with Menus

For a bit of fun I've also made a list of the old Amsterdam licence numbers. This is incomplete so, if you know any of the missing ones, please let me know:

Amsterdam licence numbers

All of these lists are quite crudely sorted. Unlike the main alphabetical lists, they tend to group together all shops with names starting 'The', for instance.

You might also notice that these pages have a new header section at the top. This is a work in progress towards a new navigation system. If you have any comments or suggestions about this please let me know. Also, if you're viewing on an Apple device I'd be interested to know whether it works properly.

AzLaker

Re: New Shop Lists

Post by AzLaker »

I'm fumbling though it now Lemm., thanks. :) :wink:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: New Shop Lists

Post by Lemming »

These lists, now dubbed 'subsets', have improved a bit.
The sorting is better and the total number of items in each set is automatically shown on the indexes page.

Check them out here: Subsets.

I recently changed the new reviews list as prompted by TheBlueMusketeer. I've also rearranged the list of all reviewed shops so they form a sort of chart with the most popular at the top.

If you have any suggestions for other changes or new lists you'd like to see, please let me know.