ona gel? does it really work?

Including growing tips and questions.
Midzy

ona gel? does it really work?

Post by Midzy »

Ok I love my house smelling like a coffeeshop, BUT my Mrs is real paranoid everytime there is a knock on the door and she starts flapping and running about wiv spray airfreshner :roll: would this gel stuff sort her out? Its not cheap stuff so do you think its worth it? :?

Colina

Post by Colina »

I hope this will help you:

http://www.vaportek.com/product-line#ez

Never tried myself, but have heard that it's good.
Do you have the prob with plant odor or smoke?
When it's the plant odor, I can only advice to make a grow box with a good activ carbon filter! The only way to avoid plant odor in the building! :oops:

The vapotek is only additional imo.
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

Colina wrote:I hope this will help you:

http://www.vaportek.com/product-line#ez

Never tried myself, but have heard that it's good.
Do you have the prob with plant odor or smoke?
When it's the plant odor, I can only advice to make a grow box with a good activ carbon filter! The only way to avoid plant odor in the building! :oops:

The vapotek is only additional imo.
thanks Colina. no its just a smoke in air thing :wink: we only smoke pure weed and only do it at weekend but I start smoking at 6am and dont stop till sunday teatime so the house stinks all weekend.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I just got some of the spray and despite my reservations seems to be doing the trick. Had been smoking some stinky LSD and it replaced the smell quite well. Wouldn't work for growing I wouldn't have thought but will eliminate the smell of a doobie or two
murphyscafe

Post by murphyscafe »

lavender, go get sum of those room fresheners!

best way to disguise the smell of smoke!!!

for growroom, carbon filter or suffer!!!
----------------
"Toke on John"
Boner

Post by Boner »

Get some of this: http://www.greenfinger-hydroponics.co.u ... icleID=905 it smells fucking lush (I dont eat oranges but it makes me want to), it's also natural so it isn't offensive on the old lungs like most regular air fresheners are.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Re: ona gel? does it really work?

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Midzy wrote:Ok I love my house smelling like a coffeeshop, BUT my Mrs is real paranoid everytime there is a knock on the door and she starts flapping and running about wiv spray airfreshner :roll: would this gel stuff sort her out? Its not cheap stuff so do you think its worth it? :?
haha mine too, dont ya just love em. though I do try to keep my smoking to my special room uptairs. :)
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

I have an Ona block next to the growroom and another by the door.

Citrus Magic spray does wonders too. Try the fresh linen one! Covers up the the smoke smell quite well.

Edit: Could you blow smoke through a carbon filter with a fan to stop the smell? Like the hoover thing in Friday (the film)
:)
Colina

Post by Colina »

smoke is very bad for an acf!
smoke shortens the lifetime of the acf!
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

Thanks all for the replys yeah that citrus stuff does smell real good but she would still be running about spraying and its strong stuff so the visiter would know you were masking smells, so I went to growshop and got a 1 litre tub of ona gel and so far its really good, it dont mask but it does kill all the smell :D
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I have been thinking of the same thing lately mate as i have been having the same problem !! i get moaned at all the time about the smell of smoking weed !! what is good to disguise the smell ? gonna try the ona gel myself :wink: i only live in a small flat and i have smelt it at the bottom of the stairs and im third floor !!!
-
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

yeah its supposed to evaparate into the air and then bond wiv smell molercoles and neutrulize them :wink: well it does. 8) after putting out a pure spliff we both walked out the room and closed the door, after about 5 minutes we went back in our living room and it smelled like fresh linen :D anyway so far so good but time will see cos its quite pricey so I'm hoping it lasts a long time :o time will tell.......
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

Colina wrote:smoke is very bad for an acf!
smoke shortens the lifetime of the acf!
A small one tho could be used for just that purpose, albeit a shorter working life. I need to look into small CF's for the veg tent when I take this cheese cutting from a friend. Would be nice to think its the original UK, but to be honest I dont care, I know its cheesy enough to enjoy for a week.
:)
macca187

Post by macca187 »

I had the same problem and bought one of those rainbow breezer air purifier machines.they use essential oils to clean the air.bought a few oils with it Nd they only mask the smell.had heard of this ona stuff so went to local shop that sold it and said to the guy will it work in a air purifier.he couldn't believe he'd never thought of it himself.so I bought a litre bottle of the ona liquid,works amazingly.no smell even after smoking some stinking blue cheese.the room smelt of fresh linen after 10 mins
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

If your extracting correctly then grow room smell should not be a problem, as for smoking get the fuck outside.

Ona works for a short time then you need to buy more, its pretty shit IMHO and i have been through a box of the shit. Even think it enhances the smell if you use it inline with you extraction.

Front garden full of Lavender, hanging baskets outside front door, fresh flowers in the house it all beats ona to a pulp. :wink:

Stay safe and hide that smell, coppers just follow there nose and they are pretty good at it in the UK. Clunk click "Lights out" still ringing in my ears :lol: