Wierd hermied bud in UK

Including growing tips and questions.
jack28aug

Re: Wierd hermied bud in UK

Post by jack28aug »

alpen rock wrote:I agree with Cisco: Fem seeds.

Even if grown from clone, the hermie tendency will remain if the mother is prone to throw nanners...

Cant believe some ppl are wasting time and money on big grows frm these shit fem seeds, a pity cause your buds are looking really good.
Have you tried the UK section on ICMAG Jack28Aug?There is a massive growers community in there, I’m sure you’ll find similar experiences or feedback.
Most ppl wouldn ‘t even notice though…
I have had a batch of mini seeded weed lately (not in UK) guess what….Moby Dick Feminized seeds from Dinafem (not particularly good weed BTW..)
Bottom line is: Don’t mess around with any kind of feminized seeds.
++
No I only really post on here I'll have a ganders though and see what people are saying. This must be a huge problem then if it's this consistant throughout all the different strains (and I've smoked a lot of different premium grade strains with good stones/highs etc) I've had with this problem. I can only hope and prey this doesn't start happening anywhere else because I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It takes me at least half an hour to roll a 98% seedless spliff now. I'm currently feeding back your guys advice to the growers around here, but they've got to sort it out because otherwise everyone is going to have to grow their own regular seeds (might be a good thing actually) and they'll have to start selling something they probably don't want to...

Thanks for everyones replies btw, obviously you can all imagine how frustrating this is, especially slip and sal!

The trichs look fine mate you can see most of the different strains I've been smoking in the what I've been smoking thread but see below for a small example. ALL of these have had this problem and many many more I've not put up.
Amnesia Haze

White Shark

White Rhino

Choco13 (Chocolope x G13)

Grapefruit

Strawberry Kush

Chronic

Blueberry

Some unknown stuff that stank of kerosine at the top and a small taster of Pineapple cheese at the bottom.

Super Lemon Haze

Some v nice indica he called freisland that smelt like cat piss

and I've just got 11g's of Swiss Cheese in 2 buds that's v v nice and that's seedy as well. I'm sure you'll all agree these have some great bag appeal and if you got passed this without knowing you'd probs be very happy until you found out. They all smell and taste great and have been nicely cured etc but I'd rather have bog standard seedless weed now.

Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Yeah it is real frustrating.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Mavos

Post by Mavos »

jack28aug wrote:
alpen rock wrote:I agree with Cisco: Fem seeds.

Even if grown from clone, the hermie tendency will remain if the mother is prone to throw nanners...

Cant believe some ppl are wasting time and money on big grows frm these shit fem seeds, a pity cause your buds are looking really good.
Have you tried the UK section on ICMAG Jack28Aug?There is a massive growers community in there, I’m sure you’ll find similar experiences or feedback.
Most ppl wouldn ‘t even notice though…
I have had a batch of mini seeded weed lately (not in UK) guess what….Moby Dick Feminized seeds from Dinafem (not particularly good weed BTW..)
Bottom line is: Don’t mess around with any kind of feminized seeds.
++
No I only really post on here I'll have a ganders though and see what people are saying. This must be a huge problem then if it's this consistant throughout all the different strains (and I've smoked a lot of different premium grade strains with good stones/highs etc) I've had with this problem. I can only hope and prey this doesn't start happening anywhere else because I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It takes me at least half an hour to roll a 98% seedless spliff now. I'm currently feeding back your guys advice to the growers around here, but they've got to sort it out because otherwise everyone is going to have to grow their own regular seeds (might be a good thing actually) and they'll have to start selling something they probably don't want to...

Thanks for everyones replies btw, obviously you can all imagine how frustrating this is, especially slip and sal!

The trichs look fine mate you can see most of the different strains I've been smoking in the what I've been smoking thread but see below for a small example. ALL of these have had this problem and many many more I've not put up.
Amnesia Haze

White Shark

White Rhino

Choco13 (Chocolope x G13)

Grapefruit

Strawberry Kush

Chronic

Blueberry

Some unknown stuff that stank of kerosine at the top and a small taster of Pineapple cheese at the bottom.

Super Lemon Haze

Some v nice indica he called freisland that smelt like cat piss

and I've just got 11g's of Swiss Cheese in 2 buds that's v v nice and that's seedy as well. I'm sure you'll all agree these have some great bag appeal and if you got passed this without knowing you'd probs be very happy until you found out. They all smell and taste great and have been nicely cured etc but I'd rather have bog standard seedless weed now.
Real shame mate some great looking buds as well Grapefruit looks awesome, seeds are a nightmare think in all the weed I've bought in the last 8 years I've only ever had 1 batch that had seeds.
Panog

Post by Panog »

Just to say I never grew a regular seed, only feminized but I never had this kind of shit in my buds, even with shitty brands like dinafem
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Feminized seeds do not necessarily cause hermies. Yes, there are certain strains that tend to hermie but I have seen hermies in regular seeds many times.
I myself have grown hundreds of femmed seeds and very rarely get any hermies.
Most likely scenario is its caused by some sort of stress on the poants such as light leaks or even pollen inside the room..
BTW I keep seeing folks spouting this "Hermies are no good Dont smoke them" that is total BS. I have had hermed bud that would stand up against the very best seedless herbs. Sure there not wanted and if you het one in a room you wanna trash it but if you get a whole room of them or a majority are hermed, go ahead and grow them out, they will still be good just takes a little extra time to roll it up.
Trad

Post by Trad »

Cisco wrote:It's Fem seeds hermieing late in flower , so they don't have time to fully develop , either that or they are some how getting pollinated .

Try find another source , or grow your own ?
My friend just had this happen. Fem/Auto seeds and there seems to be half formed seed casings...was wondering and I think this is a logical explenation. Thanks Cisco.....more Reece's for that info..... :wink: :wink: :lol: 8)
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

BigDanHaze wrote:Feminized seeds do not necessarily cause hermies. Yes, there are certain strains that tend to hermie but I have seen hermies in regular seeds many times.
I myself have grown hundreds of femmed seeds and very rarely get any hermies.
Most likely scenario is its caused by some sort of stress on the poants such as light leaks or even pollen inside the room..
BTW I keep seeing folks spouting this "Hermies are no good Dont smoke them" that is total BS. I have had hermed bud that would stand up against the very best seedless herbs. Sure there not wanted and if you het one in a room you wanna trash it but if you get a whole room of them or a majority are hermed, go ahead and grow them out, they will still be good just takes a little extra time to roll it up.
Double +1...
... :mrgreen:
Taking the piss, one stoner at a time... :wink:
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

The mystery deepens then I suppose. 98% of smokers will not even realise they're there, you need to do a proper autopsy on your bud or just have a really sharp eye to spot them. Agree with the comment about hermied bud being just as nice as normal bud to smoke (apart from the hassle and frustration of removing them).

It's just so wierd because it's so consistant. I would imagine that bits of sensi should get through but there has been NONE since June, which is just ridiculous. I'm not over exaggerating AT ALL. I just can't think of a rational explanation, water supplies, fem seeds, wierd weather conditions, stress, poor genetics etc, I just cannot pin point what is going wrong. What's changed since May/June???
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

Maybe the "alien plant" is telling us our planets getting too f**ked up for the 'erb lol.
Oxcasual

Post by Oxcasual »

I'm in the South Midlands & haven't come across any weed like this around here. I've come across the odd rouge seed from time to time though but nothing like youv'e discribed.

I've used good feminised seeds for years & have never had an issue. The only time i've had an issue with plants turning hermie has been with regular seeds taken from some Thai stick 3 or 4 years ago.

I can only assume the weed your getting is either coming from the same commercial grow or plants have come in to contact with a male somewhere along the line.

I'd be interested in finding out the cause if you do find out.
Forward the Revolution
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

I was staying out of this as i've been quite lucky this year but got offered OZ's of blueberry bubble :roll: yesterday for £200 , mate grabbed 1 for himself , told me to pop round to grab a little test bit this morning which I did , look on his face told me 1st , "it's pretty shit" confirmed it :roll: :lol: full of tiny little half seeds is the best way to say it , so hermied(stressed) , undergrown, not dried , no cure :lol: :roll: tastes of nothing really & my throat & chest aren't thanking me , minimal stone aswell :( back to the cheese & amnesia it is then :wink: :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

ftcarer wrote:I was staying out of this as i've been quite lucky this year but got offered OZ's of blueberry bubble :roll: yesterday for £200 , mate grabbed 1 for himself , told me to pop round to grab a little test bit this morning which I did , look on his face told me 1st , "it's pretty shit" confirmed it :roll: :lol: full of tiny little half seeds is the best way to say it , so hermied(stressed) , undergrown, not dried , no cure :lol: :roll: tastes of nothing really & my throat & chest aren't thanking me , minimal stone aswell :( back to the cheese & amnesia it is then :wink: :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed it's not just the start of a bigger problem then. The thing I can't get my head around is that the seed companies producing these seeds must've had similar experiences? I doubt they'd want to tell us if there was a problem but I think they must be keeping something under wraps! Surely they shouldn't have to wait for the "never grown a plant in my life" stoner to tell them they're selling improper gear? I don't know. I wish it was legal here so I could try and source some decent sensi on this forum. :cry:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

As someone mentioned if its happening constantly it may not have anything to do with genetics , stressed or pollinated
-