Wierd hermied bud in UK

Including growing tips and questions.
jack28aug

Wierd hermied bud in UK

Post by jack28aug »

These little seeds are appearing in every single bit of bud i've had in the UK in the last 5+ months, literally in every single calyxe. I think it might be the water causing it because that's the only consistant factor in the different grows. Must have got bud from over 20 different growers from loads of different areas loads of different strains and they all contain these seeds. Anyone got any idea's as to why this is happening? The actual bud is quality, but its completely ruined by these seeds. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Cisco

Re: Wierd hermied bud in UK

Post by Cisco »

feminised seeds and the rush to get things done
-
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

Cisco wrote:feminised seeds and the rush to get things done
I thought that may be something to do with it. 98% of the bud grown is clones as well so maybe they're all from plants from these silver nitrate(?) sprayed seeds. I just can't believe how long it's been happening now with literally every single bit of bud even when they've said its import or whatever else. If anyone from the East Mids area of the UK cares to comment it would be much appreciated. I want to see how far the problem has spread.
Mavos

Post by Mavos »

I'm in Scotland and not had any trouble with seeds at all and had some very very nice strawberry cough and g13. Hope it stops soon for you nothing worse.
Addlestoner

Post by Addlestoner »

I can confirm this didnt notice it till the other day as the seeds are so small but every bit of bud ive bought has had them!
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

Mavos wrote:I'm in Scotland and not had any trouble with seeds at all and had some very very nice strawberry cough and g13. Hope it stops soon for you nothing worse.
JEALOUS!
Addlestoner wrote:I can confirm this didnt notice it till the other day as the seeds are so small but every bit of bud ive bought has had them!
O dear, if you don't mind me asking what part of the UK are you from? I'm in the Derby/Notts area of the East Mids. It really is a dire situation! The bud really does look smell and taste nice as well, it would be perfect smoke if not for the seeds.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

It's Fem seeds hermieing late in flower , so they don't have time to fully develop , either that or they are some how getting pollinated .

Try find another source , or grow your own ?
-
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

I reckon it is to make it weigh more. It happens down under too.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
gromit

Post by gromit »

Cisco wrote:It's Fem seeds hermieing late in flower , so they don't have time to fully develop , either that or they are some how getting pollinated .

you may be spot on ,..... :mrgreen:
they went dike,...... :P
jack28aug

Post by jack28aug »

Cisco wrote:It's Fem seeds hermieing late in flower , so they don't have time to fully develop , either that or they are some how getting pollinated .

Indeed, I think the 2nd option is my only option tbh, already tried different sources.

As for the weighing more thing, I really can't beleive someone would purposefully do it to their own bud just to add weight. The buds are great anyway, and they grow plenty of it, so it wouldn't really make any sense... plus they all smoke their own stuff!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Lol I can see the growers spending hours carefully opening calyxs to insert 0.01 of weight !! You crack me up Slip N Sall
-
Mavos

Post by Mavos »

jack28aug wrote:
Mavos wrote:I'm in Scotland and not had any trouble with seeds at all and had some very very nice strawberry cough and g13. Hope it stops soon for you nothing worse.
JEALOUS!

Haha sorry for making you jealous, got some nice plants going to be ready on xmas eve 5 different kinds, hopefully if all goes to plan, cheese candy - never had before but sounded delicious, Blue Rhino - 1 of my favorites, G13 - another favorite love the smell and taste, Amnesia Haze - dont even need to ask you will all know why and last but not least some Martian Mean Green which I can't wait to blaze
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

I agree with Cisco: Fem seeds.

Even if grown from clone, the hermie tendency will remain if the mother is prone to throw nanners...

Cant believe some ppl are wasting time and money on big grows frm these shit fem seeds, a pity cause your buds are looking really good.
Have you tried the UK section on ICMAG Jack28Aug?There is a massive growers community in there, I’m sure you’ll find similar experiences or feedback.
Most ppl wouldn ‘t even notice though…
I have had a batch of mini seeded weed lately (not in UK) guess what….Moby Dick Feminized seeds from Dinafem (not particularly good weed BTW..)
Bottom line is: Don’t mess around with any kind of feminized seeds.
++
Last edited by alpen rock on Fri 30th Nov 2012 05:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Few hundred/thousand little seeds only weighing 0.1 gram, in half ounce may be nothing. Say 0.2 grams every oz. When you buy 50 pound that's 160 grams of little seeds. Extra thousand/five hundred bucks easy as. I've been told once that they are called "false seeds" and are induced by a spray.

If you had seen some of the horrible methods that I have seen people used, then you wouldn't be laughing Cisco. :(

One question I have is do the Trich's on these buds look over done or really amber???
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Cisco wrote:Lol I can see the growers spending hours carefully opening calyxs to insert 0.01 of weight !! You crack me up Slip N Sall

This cracks me up! As if I think that. I read it again and it just rolled me thinking of a dude with a pin or something :mrgreen:

I would assume they would spray the plant with something like a hormone to make this happen.

Opening Calyx's :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: