Stealing strains

Including growing tips and questions.
macky

Stealing strains

Post by macky »

How easy is it? Very easy ,for last few years my commercial grower friends use fem . Seed only.
For years we keeped a mother alive all year long . This is outdoor grows corn mostly, I,ve pulled back after a close call with drones,police foot chase and 350 plants.
So for last couple bubba Kush was used to great effect .Take a female cutting ,make male .
My friend uses bar silver in distilled water with electric current ,after water turns colour whitch he has perfected he then sprays cutting every day.
Last year I gave him mango sapphire and pineapple skunk cuttings from Humboldt seeds .
He used his bubba pollen he made to pollen the cuttings I gave him. A few months back I started a dozen mango,s they all looked a like and grew figuresly. After weeding down to 5 ,I took cuttings then threw them into bud.
Now 7 weeks in bud you can see different Pheno e.g. some have colour hue and some don,t. One is a real winner .
So now you take that cutting make one a male and bud a room full of same cutting and you will have the pheno locked and ready for market.
So you cross different seeds ,come up with your own hybrid use it to make males . Then take every body else’s stains cross with yours bingo bango your a seed bank

Kermit

Re: Stealing strains

Post by Kermit »

*Just a thought whilst sitting here and talk of strain theft*

Travel to the dam to get back catalogue seeds from Dutch Passion and sensi seeds. Rename them something like erm oh yeah Cookies, make up some story about crossing of a rare bay area cut loved by some Kalifa geezer (who da fucks that) and you have just pulled the biggest heist in Cannabis history. Imagine if anyone could actually pull that off and is it possible?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I have no problem with this practice. It's how
macky wrote: Sat 27th Apr 2019 04:56 pm ...Then take every body else’s stains cross with yours bingo bango your a seed bank
:lol:
A common source of satire and irk in the community.
I have no problem with the practice personally. Unless the new 'breeder' breaks one of three common rules:

1. Get's pissy in an online debate about people 'using their work' to create new strains.
2. Pretends their $500 10 pack of beans are worth the money they're asking for them (extra points deducted for simultaneously breaking rule 1)
3. Gets pissy about re-creations or homages of 'their work' by other breeders that have correctly guessed / access to the progeny and/or have the experience to know where to look for similar properties.

Unfortunately the amount of breeders that haven't at least dipped a toe into any of the above is a tiny number - ironically not much smaller than the equally tiny number of genuinely worked and stable genetics on offer for anything less than daylight robbery from many/any of the currently en-vogue pollen-chucker du jour recidivists.
macky

Post by macky »

Kermit wrote: Fri 6th Sep 2019 09:29 pm *Just a thought whilst sitting here and talk of strain theft*

Travel to the dam to get back catalogue seeds from Dutch Passion and sensi seeds. Rename them something like erm oh yeah Cookies, make up some story about crossing of a rare bay area cut loved by some Kalifa geezer (who da fucks that) and you have just pulled the biggest heist in Cannabis history. Imagine if anyone could actually pull that off and is it possible?
Not sure about cookie cut ...seems omfo knows where that came from :mrgreen:
But ya Sensi charges large for there regular seeds ...like Know there being crossed and borrowed ..can,t steal what was all ready stole :D ....Gllad to see your post again :D
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 6th Sep 2019 09:57 pm I have no problem with this practice. It's how
macky wrote: Sat 27th Apr 2019 04:56 pm ...Then take every body else’s stains cross with yours bingo bango your a seed bank
:lol:
A common source of satire and irk in the community.
I have no problem with the practice personally. Unless the new 'breeder' breaks one of three common rules:

1. Get's pissy in an online debate about people 'using their work' to create new strains.
2. Pretends their $500 10 pack of beans are worth the money they're asking for them (extra points deducted for simultaneously breaking rule 1)
3. Gets pissy about re-creations or homages of 'their work' by other breeders that have correctly guessed / access to the progeny and/or have the experience to know where to look for similar properties.

Unfortunately the amount of breeders that haven't at least dipped a toe into any of the above is a tiny number - ironically not much smaller than the equally tiny number of genuinely worked and stable genetics on offer for anything less than daylight robbery from many/any of the currently en-vogue pollen-chucker du jour recidivists.
Rule 4 any dog can have his day....right pheno cross with right strain can get you a winner
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

macky wrote:can,t steal what was all ready stole :D ....
Cant argue with that tbh