Advice on nutrients

Including growing tips and questions.
Willjay

Advice on nutrients

Post by Willjay »

Been using HDI bloom and grow for soil, but can’t seem to find any now. :(

There’s so many choices I could use info, :shock: I grow in potting soil. :)

HELP ME please :lol:

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Re: Advice on nutrients

Post by macky »

When you say soil to you mean pro-mix ..it’s made perlite ,peat moss and loam no soil .If not you should there is a couple different company’s out there under grow medium . Advanced nutrients is available on Amazon. They have PH perfect so you do not have to worry about PH pens or PH up or down . Dutch nutrients are good or canna are nice . Fox farm from California has great soil nutrients .
Comus

Post by Comus »

NFT here but will watch this post with interest
I'm in shocks and stares
macky

Post by macky »

Should add willjay you can make a total organic mix there’s loads of recipe on line .Then you just need water ,when they reach end of bud there all out of nutrients. It depends on strain 8,9 week or longer 12 week Sativa may need additives as a finisher .
There’s bailed organic mixes here ,everything done for you .
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Sorry for the delay in replying, I do use Pro Mix Growing medium, just ordered some Fox Farm liquid nutrients trio for soil and some Cal-Mag. Looked at the the Advance nutrient but in the description it stated not for inexperienced growers, since I asked on a forum for advice I’m not the experienced grower. :wink: I use 500 watts to produce 54000 lumins at 64000 K 5 plants in 5 gallon buckets to flower, :) Veg from cuttings in tent :D

Thanks for your help :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Post by macky »

Do they recommend cal-mag, I use when growing in coco .never used in pro mix is it your water there?
The fox farm I only use the Chi Cing for finish flower great shit :D If you read a lot of high times early issues with those outdoor California grows there where mostly fox farm nutrients .
Advanced nutrients have different grow level nukes ,problem is there not cheap and there’s 5 ,6 additives.
But to reach high twenty’s in THC there coco nukes I assure you work :D
You use cuttings great ,if you start seeds and grow in big pot of pro mix say 8weeks .Then bud in same pot 8or 9 weeks the medium breaks down and causes your PH to swing .Or nutrient lock . With seeds you always start small pot and then keep transplanting till there the size you wish to start budding. Even with a cutting I will move up to the pot I,m budding in week or two most before I flip light.
With seeds you get what you pay for ,go cheap genetics :( But Great gentics can make any one look good :mrgreen:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

The cuttings come from the lollipop trim I do before flower. Just starting 5 new strains :D a gift :mrgreen: that will keep me going for a while. The cal-mag was a recommendation from another friend and I needed more items fore the free shipping. I’m still learning about fertilizer and feel that I could do better with that, I started keeping records and reduced the number of plants to keep a better eye on them, it’s all an experiment but fun. I have made a lot of the rookie mistakes, but know there’s more mistakes to make. :wink: When I went looking for fertilizer I was shocked at the amount of choices and brands, I didn’t want to become a chemist, and did not know which brands I could trust, you helped me with that thanks again. Next I’m going to look at improving the lighting but first I want to see how I can improve with better feeding.
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Comus

Post by Comus »

what are you using for lighting willjay? and how big an area is being illuminated just out of interest?
I'm in shocks and stares
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

This is the product I will be trying this grow, also growing in a Fox Farm Ocean Forest medium. I am veg fertilizing with Dr. Earth Organic liquid. My 1st grow in the new tent :D :mrgreen: , so far so good @3.5 weeks wish me luck :mrgreen:

3 Pack FoxFarm Water Soluble Plant Food: Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms and Cha Ching.
Achieve Bumper crop harvests by utilizing all three soluble products at first bud development. Begin feeding with open Sesame for early flowering, beastie blooms for bud density during mid-flowering, and finish with cha ching for essential oils and to pump out heavy resins.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Wishing you luck with the new tent :D , and I am real interested in the results of the Fox Farm trio you have for flowering :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

I Will (Jay) advise on the results ...

I bought the small 3 pack to try, the ones pictured are the big boys
He who tries to shine dims his own light