LED (the head)

Including growing tips and questions.
AzLaker

Re: LED (the head)

Post by AzLaker »

ed the head wrote: Sat 14th Nov 2020 11:47 am Today is also day 6 of 12/12 lighting. I see a few more pistils each day. Do they ever appear quickly enough?
You'll wake up one day soon ed, and say, "did someone switch my plants, look how fat the buds are." :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Then the drooling begins. :D

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Weekly update photo
Day #52 - Flip Day #10
Winona overreaching and touching the light.
Running out of head room, trained two lobes down (1 & 2 below).
No sign of flying insects spotted a few days ago after Neem oil spray and bug bomb treatment.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
macky

Post by macky »

Nice ED ,hope those fly,s where not white ones :D Had only once real bitch ,keep eye on back of leaves for eggs .
Bye the bye neem oil been restricted Here ,used on moms years ago sure makes them pretty and shines in the light nice :mrgreen:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks Macky.

I haven't seen anything on the back of any of the leaves I have trimmed, probably close to 200 now. No eggs. I didn't see it close enough or long enough to tell if it was a white fly. I only saw 1 in the tent. Hopefully got them before they got out of control.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

:mrgreen: flowers becoming visible :mrgreen: +/- 8 weeks to go :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

The ladies are starting to fill out nicely ed. :clap: :mrgreen: How about a pic in normal light? :D

AzLaker
8)
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Day #55, Flip Day #13

Light pots all around for plain water day. Water came out of the tap at 5.8, so close enough for my hearty sacred botanicals . The girls are now consuming 3 quarts vs 2 over 48 hours . Had to trim another 50 or so top leaves and another 8 runners from the bottom. When they grow madly, don't you love them madly? Still, you can't tell they've been trimmed by looking, it's a jungle in there. The girls next watering will include another dose of Open Sesame, their 2nd and likely their last. November 30 they're due to switch to Beastie Bloomz.

Below is a shot of Winona's wild runner recovering nicely, arrows indicating bud spots that should now get quite a bit more light .

Not pictured but also recovering nicely and in similar fashion is Winterrose's cola. She's in the sweet spot and seems to be enjoying it immensely

AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Nice smiley face you put in there ed. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

AZ asks and receives: :mrgreen: Day #57, Flip Day #15 :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
macky

Post by macky »

Nice ED :mrgreen: I,m thinking I will try that three pack flower your using I love Chi-Ching so.. :D
My ? The fox farm soil ,on bag says fertilizer in bag last up to 12 weeks . Is this the soil your using ? Are you using half strength nukes ? I prefer to control my feed was thinking cut with perlite So soil runs out of verts before flower .
Not sure may use HP Pro Mix ..your plants look good so far :D I hang fly stripe in tent to keep an eye who’s flying in lol
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

macky wrote: Tue 24th Nov 2020 02:05 pm Nice ED :mrgreen: I,m thinking I will try that three pack flower your using I love Chi-Ching so.. :D
My ? The fox farm soil ,on bag says fertilizer in bag last up to 12 weeks . Is this the soil your using ? Are you using half strength nukes ? I prefer to control my feed was thinking cut with perlite So soil runs out of verts before flower .
Not sure may use HP Pro Mix ..your plants look good so far :D I hang fly stripe in tent to keep an eye who’s flying in lol
Hoi Good Sir Macky.

Yes, I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I was fertilizing with a product from Home Depot called Dr. Earth. I started with that about 3 weeks in at about 70% strength and then on advice from the 420magazine.com forum, I quickly switched to 100% strength. It seemed to work just fine, but I am thinking of trying Fox Farms Marine Cuisine fertilizer for the next veg growth :mrgreen: based on how satisfied I am with Open Sesame.

The other two Fox Farms flower fertilizers are Open Sesame for early bud, and Beastie Bloomz for mid bud development. Yesterday was the girls last Open Sesame dose (1x per week). It seems to be doing an amazing job, I can't wait to see wait Beastie Bloomz does next. :mrgreen: I bought a small 3 pack, 6 oz. each. I am growing 4 plants and anticipating a 10 week flower period. I used up 70% of the 6 oz. Open Sesame container. Now that I know it works, next time I will go for the larger containers and save some $$.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/t ... st-5168302
macky

Post by macky »

Was going with super orange glue ,but by time I grew seeds and got my moms they got mites :shock:
Isolated them and will spray every week with different products till spring the plan was always to use in corn next year .
Having friends who grow is nice got SS Haze ,pre98 bubba and peach fuzz clones yesterday so where gearing up my ? ED do you use cal mag with your soil from Fox farm
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Hey Macky - no, I haven't yet used cal or mag supplements.
Should I?
macky

Post by macky »

ed the head wrote: Sat 28th Nov 2020 05:27 pm Hey Macky - no, I haven't yet used cal or mag supplements.
Should I?
Just read couple things on growing in soil fox farm where some swore by it ,others not so much :mrgreen:
One using it say it helps take up food ,bigger buds :D
Seems like a bit of a Blur to me ,I went with coco mixed with perlite Advanced nutrients PH perfect only pen Ph for flush :mrgreen: