LED (the head)

Including growing tips and questions.
Ghost

Re: LED (the head)

Post by Ghost »

Cracking job there Ed well done man, now time to enjoy the fruits of your labour - one of the best bits :D enjoyed reading and looking at your pics man, thanks very much for taking the time to share your grow with us man :mrgreen:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Ghost wrote: Sat 9th Jan 2021 04:35 pm Cracking job there Ed well done man, now time to enjoy the fruits of your labour - one of the best bits :D enjoyed reading and looking at your pics man, thanks very much for taking the time to share your grow with us man :mrgreen:
Thank you.

Happy to share.

These 4 Fem Wappa - Paradise Seeds (ROCKS!) yielded 393 grams :mrgreen:

Now the CURE ... :mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Can't do this enough... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the way, are your poor fingers aching a little, with all that trimming? :D
Nicely done ed.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

:mrgreen: Nieuw Amsterdam Wappa Sample Day :mrgreen:

Air dried for 1 week, and jar cured for 2 weeks and 4 days.

Aroma and taste distinctly fruity. Very much reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. This makes me wonder why Paradise Seeds didn't name this strain "Juicy Fruit", then I did some Googling and found Sensi Seeds already used that tag for a Thai Sativa dominant Afghani hybrid. Many of my Amsterdam memories are wonderfully foggy, but I seem to remember sampling this strain. As I 'recall', it wasn't particularly fruity. I do tend to lean Indica in preference.

Wappa is said to be derived from Skunk.

It does yield like a Wappa, and it does hit like a Wappa so I see where Paradise was coming from in adopting this name.

Did I mention I am now SAF? Informal measure of THC would be 'high'.

It's a very pleasant smoke, as 'fruity' as any burning substance can be (I think) and also burning to a fine white ash ... so I think the curing process went well. Good timing too, my out of pocket$ stash of Black Diamond is down to a couple of grams and I now have enough Wappa for months.

This has been a fun and productive project, I want to thank AZLaker again for the referral to 420magazine.com and everyone there at 420 for their experience and encouragement. I think the 'fun' aspect is something everyone here gets without explanation. The 'productive' aspect varies for each of us.

My productive story is as follows: I smoke about 4 grams per day. I've enjoyed cannabis recreationally since I was 15. My daily consumption began after my divorce starting in 2006. I'm undiagnosed but I believe I have some form of PSTD from the experience. Because children are involved it's a continuing epic horror show, but I digress. My symptoms included blinding migraines and fainting spells. My bat sense led me to feel stress was the common cause, so I began to self medicate with cannabis. I haven't fainted now since 2008, and I am down to only 1-2 migraines a year. Although much cheaper than a Dr. and ensuing conventional medical treatment, I still spend more than I would like on my meds. Fortunately I remained employed but I hope to retire in 2 years. By that time, I hope to learn enough to be self sufficient with cannabis supply.

Meanwhile I have a family farm renovation project to complete before retirement. In spite of Covid, 2020 was a good year for this project as we progressed many aspects. This included floor joist repairs, chimney and old addition demolition, ensuing framing repairs, 1 replacement and 1 new deck, 4 new windows and new siding on 1 side of the house. I had help but I had to pay them, so that and all the material cost came directly out of my paycheck. Too much rolled onto my credit cards and by the Fall and I found myself with close to $300 in monthly interest charges. The Wappa yield is allowing me to redirect my cannabis money to first pay down this credit card. Already down about 30%, the CC debt will be gone before the Wappa is. One tent is not producing enough for all my consumptions needs, so 1 more tent is in order. Working to get that set up now to house a photo period mother and grow autos.

The less I can spend on meds is the more I can funnel to complete the renovation project.

So, yeah, fun and productive for me in a real big way, thanks everyone!! Some photos of the farm project, 10.5 acres and wonderfully quiet. My neighbor is a stoner, with a tractor and a pool.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Love the house and the history. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh and 10.5 acres definitely seals the deal.

AzLaker
8)
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

A lot of history, and a lot still to be learned. This house actually belonged to Williamson's other son Bartlett. It's pretty close to the northwest corner of what was once 987 acre property. This house has two parts, first part being built sometime in the 1820's when Williamson was still alive. The front half and second floor date to the 1860's and the front chimney is dated 1871.

We haven't figured out where Williamson actually lived yet. Williamson Junior, another son, has his house down toward the southwest corner of the old big property.

The end of my road meets a road named Marengo. There is a Methodist Church there Williamson is attributed to helping found. This makes me think he lived somewhere on my road, a bit closer to the church, probably in walking distance.

Although I have the DAR marker, it's my understanding Williamson actually rests elsewhere. One of my to do's is to get together with Mr. Buddy Taylor who can show me the actual spot. Hopefully I can get a GPS reading there for future generations. There are a few large, apparently very old tracks of farm fields dotted on both sides of the road there.

As thrilled as I was to find Revolutionary War participation in the family, not all found history was 'good' or welcome.

My Mom was from Norway and my Dad was born in KY and raised in IA. My Dad knew a lot more about his maternal side, with his paternal side being more or less a mystery. Through Ancestry I found my Dad's grandfather was not an orphan from SC as he said, but was born in TN. From there, I found his grandfather had come to TN with Williamson's land grant. Ultimately, I was curious to trace back where my people came in and when. It winds up being mostly very far back, some to the earliest colonies. It wound up being a lot of Scot, Northern Ireland, Northern England and Southern England. My sir name itself seems to have emigrated from the Bath area around 1620. Passage through Bermuda inclines me to believe as an indentured servant.

Only one line originated in New England so regrettably there is ample slave ownership history and CSA participation to deal with. :(
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I love watching Barnwood builders. Mark Bowe and crew are great. To me it's all about the history of the barns their taking down and the memories the families tell. :D
Your place has LOTS of history and that's so cool. Thanks for the insight ed. :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
macky

Post by macky »

Nice read ..those fire places look like work hopefully there’s stone under that plaster :D
Love Barn wood builders also some times the stoneworks nice on there builds and other times they look like something the cat brought up :)
Hopefully legalizations will come along for you ,great place for a green house :D
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks Macky.

The chimney on the left is stone, the one on the right (capped off) is brick.