LED (the head)

Including growing tips and questions.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: LED (the head)

Post by ed the head »

Yes, I agree it's a blur. So many information sources and opinions. The FF soil is supposed to be pH balanced but I didn't check it. The plants were very, very happy in it with no nutrient supplement until the 3rd week. I was pH balancing all waterings, including the nutrient (where a 6.5 dropped to a 4.3). A lot of people piped in to say pH balancing is not necessary if your soil is pH balanced. I figure if the plants like pH at 6.0 to 6.5, why NOT adjust the pH just to be extra careful? I figure this way if I miss a balancing here or there it won't harm them.

I checked the ingredients on the supplements and they don't list any cal mag. I am in another 3 day period away, tomorrow I go back for another watering. We should now be into mid flowering period so tomorrow is their first drink of Beastie Bloomz. The progress pops a bit more when you don't see it everyday, thus I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Two more weeks of this back and forth which kind of sucks but is also kind of cool cannabis observation wise.

He who tries to shine dims his own light
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

:mrgreen: This was 3 days ago. It's watering day - Can't wait to see them :mrgreen:
T minus 3 hours and countng
:mrgreen:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ed the head wrote: Tue 1st Dec 2020 03:03 pm Image
:mrgreen: Nice
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Filling out nicely ed. Everyday I can see your smile get bigger and bigger. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks WillJay, hoping for a better arthritis day today
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks AZ
here's your full view natural light shot of the week ...
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

The girls are getting so tall their touching the carbon filter. :wink: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Day #69, Flip Day #27

Ideal watering time may have been a few hours ago? Everyone was starting to droop a little on their bottom growth with Queen Wilhelmina causing my heart to skip a few beats. Going to have to adjust this 4 day cycle to 3 or 3.5 days Thank Goodness no harm done, everyone started perking back up before our ritual was even over. Today is plain water following their first drink of mid cycle Beastie Bloomz. All the leaves have a nice uniform green color and nothing unusual that I can spot so I guess the ferts did no harm. Everyone is now getting coated in crystals with some nice big buds starting to form up. I am reluctant to do much leaf trimming or further training back at this point and letting them be as much as I can. Very nice sweet floral scent now after touching the buds. Be back on Day #72 Flip Day #30 for another dose of BBMZ.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Wish we had smell-a-vision. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
macky

Post by macky »

Nice Ed :mrgreen: leaves will stop growing after week 5 of flower ..another one some say never straight water till flush they swear by adding a little . When I see mine pushing the fret max I will flush with a little b1 . The main thing is to have 20% run off out bottom of your pot this stop salt ,nuke build up I read fox farm has a salt flush they recommend with the soil your using . The more you grow a strain ,the more you can dial it in :mrgreen: Used to be more important to me when I was growing for cash . Now life’s a box of chocolate give up little yield to gain variety
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks Macky.

I am curious to see where the yield winds up. Trying to keep my expectations low so as not to be disappointed. I've done calculations to convert the seed banks projected yield in square meters to my imperial tent and I come up with a max of 375 grams.

Ideally, I hope to achieve 1200-1500 grams a year, and then my needs are fulfilled. Timing wise, it seems I may be able to pull off 3 grows a year so I am cautiously optimistic.

Although I am happy with my tent, I wish I had discovered Mars Hydro tent kits earlier. A better light and a better price. Who knows? Maybe there are 2 tents in my future. :mrgreen:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ed the head wrote: Mon 7th Dec 2020 08:50 pm

Although I am happy with my tent, I wish I had discovered Mars Hydro tent kits earlier. A better light and a better price. Who knows? Maybe there are 2 tents in my future. :mrgreen:
Double your pleasure double your fun, :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Day #72, Flip Day #30

No wilting on arrival. Beastie Bloomz for their light pots. It would appear the girls have finally stopped their reaching ways. Buds are getting heavy and one of the outside stragglers inspired me to install a second net at their tops. It got a little cool while I was away, down to 66F. Adjusting that back to room temp. It's also dry, less so in the tent. Still dry enough to let the humidifier run a while. I am very happy with the bud development. Just one more road trip watering excursion and then back home for daily tending. So far so good. Another 5-6 weeks ... the most beautiful ones

AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)