/o

Including growing tips and questions.
stew1974

/o

Post by stew1974 »

/o
Last edited by stew1974 on Tue 19th May 2009 04:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

BRUTE FORCE LIGHT,DONT FALL FOR THIS SCAM ...SAVES POWER AND SAVES YOU FROM HAVING A HUGE CROP....LED=WEAK...MY OPINION FOLKS....JUST ANOTHER SUPPLIMENTAL LIGHT....WEAK CROP...MOVE ON
rockin into the night
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I've never heard of growing with LED. What kind of spectrum does LED cover?
cheese

Post by cheese »

u want a Metal Halide(MH) for Vegging...

u want a High Pressure Sodium(HPS) bulb for flowering

u want some flourescents for clones and seedlings....

thats about all the kinds of light u will need to get started... dont buy anything else.
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

/o
Last edited by stew1974 on Tue 19th May 2009 04:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluelaru

Post by bluelaru »

I have been watching the infomercial for Aerogarden....

anyone else.....

its very tempting....it looks like the only down side...is...youd be limited to the size by height.....

This item is related...because....its a self contained growing system
in water...with a lite source...

so....Anyone...else see....or have....input
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

Looks interesting, but expensive.
http://www.sunlightsheds.com/turn_key_units.htm
Old School and Proud of It.
AL

Re: L.E.D. Growlights

Post by AL »

stew1974 wrote:hi seen these advertised on ebay and wondered if anyone has used them to grow. I understand great idea but are they effective? Yes they reduce heat greatly and electric used but do they work. The ones i have seen have three downlights 2 red 1 blue. Can you get all blue for vegetative stage and red for flowering? or do they work adequately as a mixture?

led forget it you,ll be harvesting your megre crop maybe this time next year bud :shock: , maybe ur meaning cfl lights?and yeh there ok bud,also the ballast is in the butt end of light ,i think there ok but if you want2 grow use hid lights(use mh;metal halide for veggie changing to hps;high pressure sodium;for flowering,cfl are good,but are £50 a pop thats for 200watt lights(red&blue),i use hid my mate uses cfl and a comparison he uses 3x200 watt red spec cfl and i use a 400 watt hps in2 flower and last crop i got nearly 11 oz off my 3 ladies but he only got 8 1/2oz and we were using cuttings of same strain AK-47 :wink: also using a 3x nutrient feed,speaks for itself :) well thats my humble opinion hope it helps brother :) cfl are definately good4 police heat sensors as dont show as prodominatly as HID lights but hid are much much better for overall growing,plus of course you,ve gotta know what your doing :wink: ,all the best and let us know how it progresses.......................................peace.........................oh if you have limited space u can use a 250watt hid set up using cfl in conjunction therefore helping with heat problems plus gettin more watts on2 ur ladies but if u do hang cfl down between the plants not above them :wink:
need a spliff......
AL

Post by AL »

stew1974 wrote:Thanks for replies , it sounded nice in theory! never grown , interested for years and now have house with spare room. hoping to start next month so doing lots of research. good to get answer from respected and knowledgable posters or might have been tempted! Hoping to grow 5-6 plants for personal. Thinking about white russian and my present quandry is will i get away with 250W or should i go for 400W at least?
at least 400+ watts bud,if your planning to grow 5-6 plants,also need rvk fan,carbon filter,ducting,mylar,oscilating fans,nutrients,medium(soil),reflectors,probably 11ltr pots,pebbles for bottom of pots(helps drainage and air flow etc),couple more bits&bobs,then a lotta PATIENCE. :wink: .............................peace...........................
need a spliff......
AL

Re: L.E.D. Growlights

Post by AL »

stew1974 wrote:hi seen these advertised on ebay and wondered if anyone has used them to grow. I understand great idea but are they effective? Yes they reduce heat greatly and electric used but do they work. The ones i have seen have three downlights 2 red 1 blue. Can you get all blue for vegetative stage and red for flowering? or do they work adequately as a mixture?
might be changing my views on led lighting as reading our local soft secrets paper it had an article on this subject & seeing its NASA thats behind the scheme (if it wasnt for nasa & the russians hid lighting would have taken longer to appear on the scene)im keeping an eye on it :wink:
need a spliff......
Kermit

Rubbish

Post by Kermit »

These L.E.D lighting systems are rubbish do not buy them. You need to spend alot of cash to yield what a 600w Hps can yield.
Go for A Lumnatek Digital ballast and either an Adjust Shade or a Mantis reflector with Osram Son T Lamp.
Very very Good
Couple that with A coco setup in a 20mm irrigation system and you will be flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puffin13

Re: Rubbish

Post by Puffin13 »

Kermit wrote:These L.E.D lighting systems are rubbish do not buy them. You need to spend alot of cash to yield what a 600w Hps can yield.
Go for A Lumnatek Digital ballast and either an Adjust Shade or a Mantis reflector with Osram Son T Lamp.
Very very Good
Couple that with A coco setup in a 20mm irrigation system and you will be flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kind of experience have you had with the LED grow lights? Did they not work for you? Why not? Can you give us more info than "they are rubbish"?
Thanks. Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Kermit

L.E.D

Post by Kermit »

I worked in a quite well known hydro shop for 5 years up until a year ago when i left to become a full time parent. We have had demo models of these Lighting systems comming in all the time. They Just do not perform and are not value for money. They are tested alongside other systems and even CFLs are better. Try them for yourself and compare i was being helpful.
Thanks
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

bluelaru wrote:I have been watching the infomercial for Aerogarden....

anyone else.....

its very tempting....it looks like the only down side...is...youd be limited to the size by height.....

This item is related...because....its a self contained growing system
in water...with a lite source...

so....Anyone...else see....or have....input
I think there is a misconception about the aerogarden. Sure, it won't compare to MH or HPS setups, but it's not meant to. It's for growing herbs and tomatoes! The most successful aerogarden grows I've seen have produced about 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce per plant. Realistically, you can only grow 2 lowriders at a time as the plants will compete for light and nutrients. Additionally, the aerogarden reservoir is only 1 gallon (a bit less actually). On the other hand, it only uses about $3 a month in electricity which can be a concern for many growers. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

I currently have an aerogarden grow going (planted 5/1/10) so I'll keep you guys posted!