What are your Mokum travel essentials? Clothes, spare bits etc.

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Kenshiro

What are your Mokum travel essentials? Clothes, spare bits etc.

Post by Kenshiro »

I'm always curious to know what others bring in their bags for a magical Mokum Trip!

Edited* A few essentials for me are charging devices/battery bank, euro adapters, vape spares and some emergency medication should I need it.

I usually bring limited extra clothes in case the weather turns shitty but still like to travel light. Comfortable jeans are my go to attire for coffeeshop crawling and I'll then have some joggers(thats a type of pant to you yanks😉) for the hotel/hostel.

Think I'll invest in some water/windproof trousers and jacket this year to be prepared for whatever the erratic Dutch weather throws at me!

Share your bag contents or essentials below to be covered for all eventualities and a happy effortless Mokum trip! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kenshiro on Sun 21st Jan 2018 07:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2stick

Re: What are your Mokum travel essentials? Clothes, spare bits etc.

Post by 2stick »

Ipad, clothes, medicine for head aches, headphones and plenty of cash. Maybe a vape and a grinder, all else can found at ground zero.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The phone serves as camera, music player, map, e-ticket, internet connection and other things that don't immediately spring to mind. I think it can make calls and send texts as well.

Power bank, charger and continental adapter for above.

Nice clean pipe with nice clean screen, along with a lighter capable of producing a high flame, and a spare or two.

Folding umbrella, suitable for putting pipe into on the way back, so as not to be a potentially embarrassing metal item singled out for scrutiny.

Bottle of juice and snacking food for the long slog over -- things like fruit and nuts and biscuits.

Clothing in layers, to be subtracted or added as necessary.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Mate - this thread and our convo the other day ARE NOT HELPING my excitement levels. April is still SO FAR away :cry:
Good thread though, looking forward to rummaging through everyones bags!

For a four day trip my bag consists of:

2 pairs jeans and wearing a third
5 black t-shirts
1 Hoodie / Jumper
Undercrackers and socks aplenty
Sturdy shoes
Light jacket
Bad weather clothes
Fat pants & trainers for hotel lounging

Asthma inhalers (kind of important)
Sudafed tablets and nasal spray (not for healthcare purposes - rather to ensure my sinusses are clear and therefore tastebuds are on top form, Nugs coined this FluTech)
Painkillers
Those things you put in your shoes when they're rubbing that I couldn't (and apparently still can't) remember the english word for so I've no fucking chance in a Dutch Pharmacy.

(all checked into luggage to avoid being bummed at security:)
Vapouriser and charger
Oil bong
Flower bong
Bongs carry case
Glass dropdown adaptors
Spare bong bowls
Various EU plug adaptors and extensions
E-nail controller and cords
Titanium nail
Quartz nail
Bamboo cotton swabs (for cleaning dab nails)
Pack of papers, filters and lighter
Mesh screens
Sharp poking and tweezing tools
Hair straighteners (AKA portable rosin press)
Parchment paper for rosin pressing
120u micron mesh for hash rosin pressing
12" Irwin Quickgrip hand-clamp
Battery bank and charging cables
Alcohol wipes for cleanign the above
Heat sealable envelopes

iPhone
DSLR and lenses (that stupidly never leave the hotel as I can rarely be bothered to get creative when on holiday)

Travel Poker Set (as yet unused - 420 2018 crew; Who plays?)
A good book
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 04:31 pm Mate - this thread and our convo the other day ARE NOT HELPING my excitement levels. April is still SO FAR away
...and laughing our way through your impressive packing list and looking forward to getting that e-nail hot doesn't help either... :)

Besides the basics we usually always pack a big bunch of Smoker's Choice Danish Filter Tips and another big bunch of raw king size papers, plus some packs of Uber ultra light ciggies.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 07:33 pm looking forward to getting that e-nail hot doesn't help either... :)
Counting the days brother - looking forward to seeing you both soon :)
CopenhagenCouple

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 08:03 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 07:33 pm looking forward to getting that e-nail hot doesn't help either... :)
Counting the days brother - looking forward to seeing you both soon :)
Likewise, it has been too long, but damnit if we aren't gonna make up for it big time, Mokum be warned! :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Poker migt be interested
CopenhagenCouple

matty223 wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 01:25 pm Poker migt be interested
Make that three of us (four counting OHMF)..! :)

Now the question is how to structure the game, antes could be a hit on the mighty, blinds a hit or two on the pipe, and obviously an all in call would mean dropping some fat globs on the e-nail... :twisted:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

matty223 wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 01:25 pm Poker migt be interested
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 02:15 pm Make that three of us (four counting OHMF)..! :)

Now the question is how to structure the game, antes could be a hit on the mighty, blinds a hit or two on the pipe, and obviously an all in call would mean dropping some fat globs on the e-nail... :twisted:
Sweeeeeeeet - It would be a nice way to kill a couple hours in Batavia one evening for sure.

Our kid plays so that's five 8) And yes we're talking standard Texas Hold Em Rules with blinds and timed level-ups etc.
For those on the fence - we're not talking big money games here. Just a bit of fun. I'm happy just to play for shits & giggles but if people are interested maybe €5 to €10 buy in? Winner takes 75% of pot, 2nd place takes 25%. If we get more players we'll extend the prize pool to pay out the top three, which should keep the game moving quickly and stops any late night stale-mates with tight-fisted players. Ricky I'm talking about you :) (good job I know he's not reading this or I'd get a slap)

hahaha trust you to want to play for handicapping dabs CC :lol:
I'm not sure I have the requisite brain power to see that through!
CopenhagenCouple

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 02:19 pm hahaha trust you to want to play for handicapping dabs CC
Yeah, well, can't help ourselves... :twisted: Another, and possibly even more fun, betting structure is based on mg's of that sweet, sweet THCyrup: Texas hold em - Fiets crew style! :idea: :?: :thumbup: :clap: :mrgreen:

ETA: ...it would be similar to Ford Prefect's favorite drinking game, the THCyrup substituting The Old Janx Spirit (it has some of the properties). That would mean that once you loose, you are likely to keep loosing... Like Ford, we would play to loose! :twisted:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 02:24 pm Yeah, well, can't help ourselves... :twisted: Another, and possibly even more fun, betting structure is based on mg's of that sweet, sweet THCyrup: Texas hold em - Fiets crew style! :idea: :?: :thumbup: :clap: :mrgreen:

ETA: ...it would be similar to Ford Prefect's favorite drinking game, the THCyrup substituting The Old Janx Spirit (it has some of the properties). That would mean that once you loose, you are likely to keep loosing... Like Ford, we would play to loose! :twisted:
I have to warn you - I've been making my own. I have 'some' practice under my belt :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 05:42 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 24th Jan 2018 02:24 pm Yeah, well, can't help ourselves... :twisted: Another, and possibly even more fun, betting structure is based on mg's of that sweet, sweet THCyrup: Texas hold em - Fiets crew style! :idea: :?: :thumbup: :clap: :mrgreen:

I have to warn you - I've been making my own. I have 'some' practice under my belt :lol:
:lol: Yeah, knowing You, that prolly means that your blood is about as potent a the syrup itself by now... :lol: Well, guess it'll be a fair game then :P ;)

CC

P.s. sounds very interesting with the home brew bro :D
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

I only bring a carry on, save money.

4 Days this April:

1.wash towel
2.jacket for rain/ fleece for wind
3. 2 pairs of shoes/ 4 pairs of socks... dry feet are essential
4. phone charger/ ear buds
5. glass pipe, I solo travel and enjoy the hash on my herbs
6. couple t shirts/couple button ups for feeling fancy
7. aspirin

once I arrive:
grinder
lighters
wraps
sim card (Morocco doesn't work in Mokum)
large jug of water, those little Spa's add up...

cash
danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

Am also well up for some late night poker boys n girls :mrgreen: :mrgreen: