Scot dies after falling from boat in Amsterdam

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

A British tourist drowned after falling from a boat in Amsterdam, police said today.

The 27-year-old Scottish man was on a hotel boat docked in the city's Sumatrakade waterfront area when he fell overboard.

Two police officers and a fellow passenger dived in to try to rescue him, but he could not be found.
advertisement

His body was later recovered by fire service divers.

A police investigation is under way into the incident which happened around 11pm on Saturday.

A spokesman for Amsterdam police said: "A man fell off a hotel boat which was docked in the Sumatrakade.

"We believe he had been sitting and drinking on the deck before he fell.

"We don't know the reason why he fell, although we believe it to have been an accident.

"An investigation has been launched."

He added that blood samples had been taken from the man and would be analysed.

The man, who has not been named, was understood to have been holidaying in Amsterdam and was with a relative when he fell.

Source

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
user54321

Re: Scot dies after falling from boat in Amsterdam

Post by user54321 »

Puffin13 wrote:"We believe he had been sitting and drinking on the deck before he fell.
We don't know the reason why he fell.
Riiiiiiight, a jock goes on holiday, gets blootered (as you do) and falls in the water, they tell you all this (being a native I'm not suprised in the slightest by that turn of events), then they make the bold statement that they "don't know why he fell" ... I know why, the gravity's heavier in Amsterdam than it is back home, obviously :roll: :lol:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"We don't know the reason why he fell, although we believe it to have been an accident.

"An investigation has been launched."

He added that blood samples had been taken from the man and would be analysed.
He fell coz he was High on a mixture of booze and weed will be the findings. Leading to a ban on the sale of weed to foreign travellers and the age to buy booze being raised. :lol:
Nice1 for that Puffin :D
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

next headline:
Man died after smoking A WHOLE JOINT OF GENETICALLY ENGINEERED SKUNK.....after drinking 2 bottles of vodka he was given a joint by a black criminal. then he was forced to smoke the whole joint alone and was so high of the heroin-like skunk-cigarette that he decided to die because of the pain the cannabis made him feel.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

well i hope the scum won't use this as ammunition against weed.....how many people fall off a boat when drunk???? plenty!!!....iv been to 2 coroners inquests as a witness for the same thing in the U.K. and neither had been toking...just drunk!!!!!....ok too drunk to notice the boat had dropped with the tide.....8 feet difference!....oh the joys of my job :(
highdro

Post by highdro »

you can imagine they will have a feild day with this, much like the german tourist and the shrooms.

they are so predictable and transparent its unreal.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Maybe spend a little time sympathizing for the mans family instead of going down the 'what if' route, they haven't even said what caused the accident.
user54321

Post by user54321 »

Boner wrote:they haven't even said what caused the accident.
:roll: :lol:

They did...

You gotta feel for anybody's family who've lost but it's pretty obvious what caused the accident. He was pished and took a header off the boat.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Neldo wrote:

They did...

You gotta feel for anybody's family who've lost but it's pretty obvious what caused the accident. He was pished and took a header off the boat.
I must of missed that bit then, I read that he was drinking but they didn't say what he was drinking.
user54321

Post by user54321 »

Boner wrote:
Neldo wrote:

They did...

I must of missed that bit then, I read that he was drinking but they didn't say what he was drinking.
Ahhh I see what you mean now, you'll always get a Scot meaning alcohol when he says drinking, 9 times out of 10 that's what we'd refer to. Point taken, the whole world isn't in the gutter with us.
user54321

Post by user54321 »

Ha... especially on a boat, that's what those things are for ... getting a drink! :lol:

Safety tips NOT to follow #1
Boner

Post by Boner »

Neldo wrote:
Boner wrote:
Neldo wrote: :roll: :lol:

They did...

Ahhh I see what you mean now, you'll always get a Scot meaning alcohol when he says drinking, 9 times out of 10 that's what we'd refer to. Point taken, the whole world isn't in the gutter with us.
I agree the chances are it was a 'proper drink' and not just a cup of tea but I dont like presuming things especially when someone has died.
user54321

Post by user54321 »

Boner wrote:I dont like presuming things especially when someone has died.
That's wise man. It hadn't even crossed my mind that drink could have refered to anything other than "the" drink - who says we've got a drink culture in Scotland? :roll: