Ireland to ease up???

Post by stecleary84 »

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/no ... 30567.html

I sure hope so. my bad back could do with a real prescription from the doc :D

although knowing Ireland it will be about €50/g

colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

fuckin hell, hard to believe really.

imagine Harney doin something good after all the years she's spent clearly doing nothing except fuck up the HSE.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

is this likely to pass or is it not realistic?
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

i'd say everyone would be surprised.....
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

From that article:
The legislation, which is based on Californian and Canadian medical cannabis laws, would permit patients to grow a regulated number of cannabis plants, or purchase the medicine from state-licensed dispensaries and allow patients to legally possess and consume the medicine under the guidance of a doctor.

It also states that patients will be open to prosecution if they do not use the medical cannabis in a responsible manner, or if they are found to be supplying cannabis to others.

While the Department of Health has proposed a change in the law that would allow cannabis be used for medicinal purposes, they stressed that there was "no question" of legalising cannabis for the general public.
The Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Act 2010 can be viewed at www.hempirl.webs.com

Obviously this would be great news for many many people.
I know GPs who were unofficially advising terminal cancer patients to find some cannabis.
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

PDF of the act

http://hempirl.webs.com/The%20Compassio ... 0Final.pdf

It still has to go through parliament but this is very promising, indeed the most promising development ever in irish history i believe.
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

colinzeal wrote:PDF of the act

http://hempirl.webs.com/The%20Compassio ... 0Final.pdf

It still has to go through parliament but this is very promising, indeed the most promising development ever in irish history i believe.
I cannot believe my fuckin' eyes...this is an Irish April Fools joke right ???????...Perhaps its Fainne Fail secret stratagy to get voted back in,,,They'd need a fuckin' miracle to get back in....and if this MMJ got thru,it would be a fuckin' miracle... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"That cats something i can't explain"
Boner

Post by Boner »

I wonder how many septics will claim their Irish heritage if this passes? ;)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

colinzeal wrote: I know GPs who were unofficially advising terminal cancer patients to find some cannabis.
when i pulled my back last year my GP asked what was i taling for the pain, told him a few spliff and he laughed and said "well that better than any thing i can give you". i actually had a chat with him for a few min about smoking :shock:
ger83

Post by ger83 »

fingers crossed this goes true and if california are successful in full legalisation then anything can happen, times i thought id never live to see in ireland and im only 27 :D
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

fuck sake lads,,,,no offence, but wise up

itll never happen :cry:
RIP Lee Rigby

a fallen brother
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

gixxer wrote:fuck sake lads,,,,no offence, but wise up

while i tend to agree with you il live in hope fo ra while yet :roll:

sure look at all the headshop shite that went on, a few auld ones go their high horses out of the stable and mad enough noise.
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

no offence but wise up and read the posts gixxer, nobody said it was going to happen, just that there is a bill which will be nominated by the drugs minister and that the health minisiter (the only person with the power to allow cannabis to be used) said she had no objections in theory.

nobody said anything that deserved a fuck sake lads wise up kind of attitude, thanks very much. i think i personally even stated that i believe it would be very surprising if it happened, everyone who posted in the thread expressed a similar attitude but seem glad that it is going to be discussed.

anyway it'll be the end of the month before the government is even back in session. then the bill would need to be discussed yada yada. no one is getting over excited BUT it is progress and positive that this will even be considered in this country!

so chill yer narky boots, no offence. :roll:
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

colinzeal wrote:

no offence but wise up and read the posts gixxer, nobody said it was going to happen, just that there is a bill which will be nominated by the drugs minister and that the health minisiter (the only person with the power to allow cannabis to be used) said she had no objections in theory.

nobody said anything that deserved a fuck sake lads wise up kind of attitude, thanks very much. i think i personally even stated that i believe it would be very surprising if it happened, everyone who posted in the thread expressed a similar attitude but seem glad that it is going to be discussed.

anyway it'll be the end of the month before the government is even back in session. then the bill would need to be discussed yada yada. no one is getting over excited BUT it is progress and positive that this will even be considered in this country!

so chill yer narky boots, no offence. :roll:
Dont worry ColZ,When we got it and they don't,they'll be down begging for some of that sweet bud :D :D :wink: ...
"That cats something i can't explain"
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

god knows they'll probably be gagging for reunification if it passes. ;)

heres hoping anyway! ireland ahead of the game on med care, there'll be heart-attacks all round! :D
Last edited by colinzeal on Mon 13th Sep 2010 03:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.