Hello from Australia

The place for new members to say hello.
Minxtus

Hello from Australia

Post by Minxtus »

Hi guys,

I just discovered this site last week when planning my next Amsterdam trip. In April 2017. I intend to do it right this time, staying on a house boat in Jordan with the wife. I'm originally from n.ireland and have Been to the dam 5 times on stag trips and stoner weekends away. All the times I have been before I didn't even know the difference in sativa and indica. I spend most of my time being dragged around by my hardcore stoner mate smoking the strongest indica he could find. I always remember thinking is there not a more uplifting type of weed, haha. I think a smoked my first 100 % sativa here in Australia one night while at a party in the country of northern nsw. The guy who owned the house rolled one of the most amazing joins I have ever smoked, it was similar to taking speed I was so aleart and enegerised, it least I think I was. Couldn't stop talking.

I plan to cycle down to de pijp markets and stop at yoyos and stock up on a heap of different outdoor strains , I dont want anything to strong and I'm trying to avoid anxiety, paranoia as I haven't smoked in 3 years due to drug tests at work. everyone says is clean clear type smoke. Also want to try any high cbd strains that might be available just to try them so siberie will be getting a visit.

I plan on getting a couple of different premium grade kush strains for a knock out effect before bed. And some hash from the famous dampkring. Can't wait.

Happy smoke. :D

aVeryOldLady

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by aVeryOldLady »

If you are going to smoke a pure sativa and you are prone to anxiety - take it easy :wink: These strains tend to cause just that.
However, keep in mind that this is just in your head and everything is fine. Also, uncomfortable feelings should subside after the first or second smoke. Maybe look for a nice hybrid that is not overly sativa dominant which will still get you active for daytime consumption.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Hello, April is a great month to visit the Netherlands, the tulips are in bloom :) , 420 is a smokers holiday :mrgreen: and there's Kings Day :D :lol: When are you going to be there :?:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

Thanks very old lady.

I'm going to try the sativa just maybe start slow and with strains that are a not too strong and see how they go.

I will be there from the 24th to 28 th April. We plan to cycle around the Keukenhof flower gardens as it should be perfect timing for the flower blooms.

We will be there for kings day on the 27th. I not sure what to do on this day as I'm not a fan of big crowds and it looks like it can get pretty hectic maybe we could just chill on the house boat and watch the madness, I'm not sure if there will be much action in the Jordan area on kings day?

We are going to miss 420 by a few days willjay :( I guess you can't have it all.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Kings day is April 27 :mrgreen: missing 420 myself but making Kings day :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

You have been posted on the April Whos In Town page. Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!
Willjay already has one planned for the 26th.

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
GlenOrtiz

Post by GlenOrtiz »

Minxtus wrote:Hi guys,

I just discovered this site last week when planning my next Amsterdam trip. In April 2017. I intend to do it right this time, staying on a house boat in Jordan with the wife. I'm originally from n.ireland and have Been to the dam 5 times on stag trips and stoner weekends away. All the times I have been before I didn't even know the difference in sativa and indica. I spend most of my time being dragged around by my hardcore stoner mate smoking the strongest indica he could find. I always remember learn how to play book of ra free slot here thinking is there not a more uplifting type of weed, haha. I think a smoked my first 100 % sativa here in Australia one night while at a party in the country of northern nsw. The guy who owned the house rolled one of the most amazing joins I have ever smoked, it was similar to taking speed I was so aleart and enegerised, it least I think I was. Couldn't stop talking.

I plan to cycle down to de pijp markets and stop at yoyos and stock up on a heap of different outdoor strains , I dont want anything to strong and I'm trying to avoid anxiety, paranoia as I haven't smoked in 3 years due to drug tests at work. everyone says is clean clear type smoke. Also want to try any high cbd strains that might be available just to try them so siberie will be getting a visit.

I plan on getting a couple of different premium grade kush strains for a knock out effect before bed. And some hash from the famous dampkring. Can't wait.

Happy smoke. :D

Hi from UK! Nice to see you here! I've just joined this community. All the best for us :)
Last edited by GlenOrtiz on Wed 30th Nov 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Hi guys welcome to the ACD. :D I reckon a visit to YoYo sounds a really good idea, you can't go wrong with a bit of organic outdoor herb if you want to get a few things done. Have you been there before? It's a great little coffeeshop, more like a nice tea shop that sells weed, I'm sure your lady would like it. Also another unique little C/S with a gentle vibe is La Tertulia. 8)

Keukenhof is beautiful. Will you cycle from Amsterdam or hire the bikes from the gardens? The Mrs and me hired our bikes there and also had a nice spin round the bulb fields,(all those strips of vibrant colour you see on post cards and from the plane on a clear day), felt cool bowling round amongst them. :) I have also biked down from the Damage and back and it's very do-able. Beware the vagaries of the longer distance bike paths/routes, missing a turning here and there is pretty much guaranteed, and stoned, :shock: most definitely. If you dont know, there's a few good online apps and route planners now for the smartphone, my last bike ride earlier this year I believe I used the one on Google maps which is basic and probably download able to save data but I'm technologically challenged and my granddaughter may well have done it and I would never be any the wiser.

Happy trails :)
What a long strange trip it is.
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

Thanks spidergawd,

I will definitely check out la terulia, we plan to just rent the bike while at keukenhof but we are also getting bikes in the dam for a day trip around to city and to de pijp markets/ and yoyos. I have never been to yoyos but did see a video of inside on u tube it looked big inside with a very nice vibe .
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Welcome dude!

Bikes rule all in the dam, It's the only way to fly :)

If the present day kings day is even remotely like the queens days of old, it is complete chaos and madness, also maybe the best party on earth, we love it but can imagine that for a lot of people such a crazy event is the very definition of uncomfortable...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Welcome dude!

Bikes rule all in the dam, It's the only way to fly :)

If the present day kings day is even remotely like the queens days of old, it is complete chaos and madness, also maybe the best party on earth, we love it but can imagine that for a lot of people such a crazy event is the very definition of uncomfortable...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
dantewyze

Post by dantewyze »

Howdy mate! Bit late to the party but how you doin!