Greetings

The place for new members to say hello.
JosephFrench

Greetings

Post by JosephFrench »

Five Cooler Hacks for Longer Ice Retention

I do not want to ruin a one-week trip with my beloved family anymore because of these unexpected problems happening. More specifically, I cannot imagine how to deal with the situation if the ice packs are going to melt and leak everywhere; my chilled-food also gets soggy and goes bad while I am on the road.

Now here are some solutions; let’s face it. There is nothing magical that can make rotten food fresh again.

However, some pro tips below that are helpful and can be applied to your daily life for everyone.

✶✶✶ Find More Info: Best Coolers In The World Image

1. Are you using the right the cooler?

There are several coolers sold at the store or online, ranging from metal, soft-sided nylon, to hard-sided plastic. What kind of coolers are for short trips? No doubt, the best solution is soft-sided coolers. Due to their durability, metal and plastic coolers, are suitable for a few days on a camping trip.

2. What type of coolers should I use?

Let’s take a look at top 5 coolers with the best ice retention in 2020:

• RTIC 65 Quarts

• Coleman Xtreme 70 Quarts

• Yeti Tundra 35 Quart

• OtterBox Venture 25 Quarts

• Ozark Trail 20 Quarts

3. Preparation

Other than a list of the best cooler for ice retention as mentioned, none of us will pay much attention to the preparation step before a trip. On top of that, you may be surprised at how fantastic you cooler can perform when it can hold ice for the duration of the whole trip. It is not a dream, but some small tricks are involved.

Keep in mind, all the food items should be pre-chilled the night before the trip, then put neatly in the cooler. Besides, any type of meat should be frozen to keep it fresh longer.

Additionally, a plastic bottle of water and any other drinks which are not carbonated should also be frozen to act as ice, which increases the cooling ability. That’s why you can possess good coolers needing little effort.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

➟➟➟ For More Information: Image What Is The Best Cooler

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

4. Packing correctly

It is one of the critical steps that you have to plan before regarding which items consume and in which order.

First and foremost, put items which you will use last on the bottom, and move to those things you frequently consume on the top part of your coolers.

Dairy and meat products need to be placed directly on ice. Additionally, you can use plastic bags or zip lock bags for sealing dry food such as bread or sandwiches separately.

Give serious and careful thought to pack and zip your coolers tightly to ensure a stable temperature of the contents. Bear in mind, try to keep your lid closed as much as possible.

5. Ice tips

Making your ice packs at home is such a good idea so that you should put it on the to-prepare list. For this tip, you do not have to spend money on any crushed ice sold on the market.

Unfortunately, your ice runs out quickly out of your expectations. What is going on? You have to rush to search for any store nearby to buy more ice, but please do not waste your quality time with your family - bringing dry ice along with you on your trip is another idea.

Two more things to bear in mind - wrap your dry ice outside in newspaper or any paper in your house, and put on gloves to pick up this ice carefully to avoid burning your skin.

⫷⫷⫷ See It Here: Best coolers on the market Image

Final words

To sum up, I have been sharing with all of you some pro- tips to make your ice last longer. I know there are a lot of factors that affect the ice and make it melt quickly. Let’s forget it now - that’s a thing of the past! Right now, remember these five tricks to keep your cooler always as enjoyable as you wish.
Last edited by JosephFrench on Thu 21st Oct 2021 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

FlyByNite

Re: Hello :)

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

You have hit the jackpot for Amster-info.
The search function will answer most of your questions.
Anything else, just ask.

Enjoy
FlyByNite