Pounds 2 Euros

Post tips here on how to join, how to post pictures, etc.
Boner

Post by Boner »

cattales1960 wrote:
Boner wrote:
murphyscafe wrote:i use http://www.travelex.co.uk!

best rates out of all of'em!!
Exactly the same rate as the Post Office.
Where is the Post office? And will they exchange US dollars for Euros?
You'd have to come to the UK, I'm on about our local high street post offices.

cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Boner wrote:
cattales1960 wrote:
Boner wrote: Exactly the same rate as the Post Office.
Where is the Post office? And will they exchange US dollars for Euros?
You'd have to come to the UK, I'm on about our local high street post offices.
Still though you gave me an idea.. I will check the local PO here and see if they do it and their exchange rate. I did get a good one at my bank last time. I may try that again.
I need a miracle everyday
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Its nice to have some cash in the bank but i would take cash along with you anyways,Change it @ M & S as they normaly do good rates compaired to the post office.
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

I fouond the rates from the PO and the MS to be the same... and neither charges a fee also.

I dont think it'll take too long in this economic environment (recession / depression) for the UK to think about joining the euro - if that happens, we're fucked people...

I predict that in 6 years the UK will announce the change of currency, oh man...

Any thoughts on this? Any Economics experts here to help enlighten me?
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I cant see the british people goin for the euro , surely we would have to vote on it ? democracy n all that ! and i use the post office most of the times ! i did use a high street travel agent 2 change money n they beat po and m&s so do your research peeps

cheers
rks0

Post by rks0 »

Trichome_Dense wrote:I fouond the rates from the PO and the MS to be the same... and neither charges a fee also.

I dont think it'll take too long in this economic environment (recession / depression) for the UK to think about joining the euro - if that happens, we're fucked people...

I predict that in 6 years the UK will announce the change of currency, oh man...

Any thoughts on this? Any Economics experts here to help enlighten me?

Thats if the Euro survives mate. There's serious concerns over whether the vast differences in the economies of the Euro zone can overcome the current financial storm within one broad economic policy. A case of whats good for the goose....
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

Man, if that happens, that would be embarrassing... cheers for that Rks0
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

rks0 wrote:Thats if the Euro survives mate. There's serious concerns over whether the vast differences in the economies of the Euro zone can overcome the current financial storm within one broad economic policy. A case of whats good for the goose....
I would love it to go back to the guilder, when the change over happened things that were one guilder seemed like it went to one Euro. I was getting 1000 guilders for for roughly 600 Canadian, now it's reversed, 1000 Canadian gets roughly 600 ish Euros. Ahh those were the days.
thompaw

Re: Pounds 2 Euros

Post by thompaw »

Here's some info for this older thread, as I'm still looking for the best deal on money exchange. (Or looking to avoid the worst deal.) For those thinking of using travelers cheques, American Express has a nice locator to find where to cash them:

http://www.aetclocator.com/us/map?scoun ... =amsterdam

It seems that there are mainly 2 players working with AE:

GWK Travelex and Goffin Change, with Goffin Change getting the recommendation. Any idea why that might be?

--
By the way, which one's Pink?
Balou

Post by Balou »

thompaw wrote:GWK Travelex and Goffin Change, with Goffin Change getting the recommendation. Any idea why that might be?
Maybe because Goffin is Amex's preferred partner according to the link you provided. GWK are "additional" locations on the map.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
thompaw

Post by thompaw »

Balou wrote:
thompaw wrote:GWK Travelex and Goffin Change, with Goffin Change getting the recommendation. Any idea why that might be?
Maybe because Goffin is Amex's preferred partner according to the link you provided. GWK are "additional" locations on the map.

Peace,
Balou

Yes I noticed that, I was wondering, aside from working a better deal with American Express, someone may have noticed a better rate of exchange or smaller fees at Goffin.

After digging around, I suspect Goffin is more of a bank than a money exchanger, is that a correct description?

--
By the way, which one's Pink?
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Thought I would ask how the euro is going?
Hunting for crystals
Sue Narmy

Post by Sue Narmy »

DanFromUk wrote:Thought I would ask how the euro is going?
Not good

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=1&From=GBP&To=EUR
I is female
chick amnesia

Post by chick amnesia »

alot better then it has been :D was 1.09 few weeks back hope it stays like that for next week its as high as i think it wil go :(
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

chick amnesia wrote:alot better then it has been :D was 1.09 few weeks back hope it stays like that for next week its as high as i think it wil go :(
Last few weeks it has been tipping between 1.09-1.11