notsofasteddie

Schiphol test runs food service at departure gate

Post by notsofasteddie »

Schiphol test runs food service at departure gate

Business
March 14, 2018

The La Place cafe at Schiphol airport.
Photo: La Place

Schiphol is the first airport in Europe to give a trial run to a food delivery service to passengers at the departure gate, the Amsterdam airport said in a statement on Wednesday.

The meal delivery service which includes pizzas, hamburgers, salads and sushi is now available at Schiphol’s D and E departure piers. Passengers can make their selection from Kebaya or the Street Food Market using the Deliveroo app or website. Delivery – by scooter – takes 15 minutes and costs €2.50.

If the trial is successful, it will continue beyond March, the statement said.

dutchnews

AlexDun

Re: Schiphol test runs food service at departure gate

Post by AlexDun »

This is a really good idea! I loved that there was a food truck near New York airport.
CharlesPaige

Re: Schiphol test runs food service at departure gate

Post by CharlesPaige »

This is great and very convenient and, I hope, the prices are good, and then everything is expensive at airports. I don't know what I can do to help you, other than support you. I can say that the catering business is very successful and with the right marketing and management, it should bring good money. I have always had a dream about my business in the field of public catering, but then the courage is not enough, then the money, then the time is not right. I do not really like to cook, so I always eat on the street, in various cafés, trucks with street food. I am very lucky that I do not get fat and can eat as much as I want, and I eat a lot.

Return to “Food”