Wok To Walk

Restaurants and takeaways.
dedampkring

Wok To Walk

Post by dedampkring »

I had W2W for lunch in Soho, London yesterday. Really disappointing, compared to what I experienced in Amsterdam.

Anyone else seen the sign on the home turf, felt really excited, followed by extreme disappointment?

steven

Re: Wok To Walk

Post by steven »

dedampkring wrote:I had W2W for lunch in Soho, London yesterday. Really disappointing, compared to what I experienced in Amsterdam.

Anyone else seen the sign on the home turf, felt really excited, followed by extreme disappointment?
Yeah I had a similar experience when I visited the same kind of set up in Rotterdam :cry:
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

dedampkring wrote:I had W2W for lunch in Soho, London yesterday. Really disappointing, compared to what I experienced in Amsterdam.

We have 1 here in glasgow! ive never ate at it but the reviews are decent.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Kingdoc wrote:

:lol:

Be honest though, they would eat thier own child in Glasgow if it was deep fried, and drenched in Vinegar...
Endure
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Twichaldinho wrote:Be honest though, they would eat thier own child in Glasgow if it was deep fried, and drenched in Vinegar...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

had ione yesterday, was good. om nom nom,
No Victim? No Crime.
Dava

Post by Dava »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:

Be honest though, they would eat thier own child in Glasgow if it was deep fried, and drenched in Vinegar...
ha that was funny!
gapie

Post by gapie »

Ash333 wrote:had ione yesterday, was good. om nom nom,
http://www.teamfortress.com/sandvich.htm
at the end when the heavy in on the roof of that building and eating that sandwich lol :P
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:

You have a point there! the deep fried mars bar,A national embarrassment! i have tried one years ago (for free btw) & it gives me no joy in saying so,No salt or that just as it was! it was the sweet/savory experience gone mad,Ie s**t :lol:.
atemate

Post by atemate »

Deep fried mars bars aren't that bad imo. Haven't tasted the real thing in UK but made some at work about a year ago just to try it out. Frozen mars bar dipped in batter, into the deep fryer it goes, serve with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup. Despite the fact that you can feel your vains clogging it was actually quite good. :D :D

Not something I would want to experience again though...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Valo

Post by Valo »

I often think Wok to Walk only tastes that good because of all the weed (and sometimes beer) i get through in a day in Amsterdam!!.....the same reason i think Febo tastes ok personally :lol:
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

The one in glasgow is alright, not as good as the ones in Dam.

Twich you not a fan of glaswegians? Im from Stirling but live in Glasgow now, not had any desire to deepfry a kid and eat it yet...
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

jollylittlehun wrote: ...Twich you not a fan of glaswegians? Im from Stirling but live in Glasgow now, not had any desire to deepfry a kid and eat it yet...
Just a throw-away line, no malice intended. Love the weegies me.
It was more about the insistance on vinegar in every chippy in the Weege ( rather than the vastly superior Broon Sauce here in the burgh :wink: )

Besides, they don't even have a good Castle :lol:
Endure
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Twichaldinho wrote:
jollylittlehun wrote: ...Twich you not a fan of glaswegians? Im from Stirling but live in Glasgow now, not had any desire to deepfry a kid and eat it yet...
It was more about the insistance on vinegar in every chippy in the Weege ( rather than the vastly superior Broon Sauce here in the burgh :wink: )

Thats true Twich they dont have a good castle. Stirling Castle is the best one though :D
Glas

Post by Glas »

Twichaldinho wrote:

No joke, the first time I seen Edinburgh castle I was 17 and we were on a works day out in Edinburgh. All of the big wigs from the company were there, and we had been taken for a liquid breakfast before we got on in Glasgow and had a few cans on the coach.

One of the bosses, a Dunedin, proudly pointed out the castle (I had made mention I had never seen it) to which I replied that it looked just like a load of Easterhouse tenements :oops:

Seriously tho, it is a bit plain looking to be a castle, eh? :?

P.S My missus was wondering what I was laughing at so I told her about your "deep-fried kid" comment and she was pissing herself :lol: