Where should I eat??? Where would you eat???

Restaurants and takeaways.
Mokum Man

Where should I eat??? Where would you eat???

Post by Mokum Man »

1. Broodje Bert for a sandwich
2. Jay's Juice's
3. Fresh Stroopwafel's
4. Kaas Soufle I think was the name from Febo, basically a cheese nugget

Places I don't care for

1. Anything Seafood, so no herring for me LOL.
2. Wok to Walk, don't care for it.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me more places that are good to eat. Tell me a place you like. Any info is much appreciated! Thanks!

gromit

Re: Where should I eat??? Where would you eat???

Post by gromit »

Burger Bar! :wink:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Oh man, that is a big one, depends first of all on budget and purpose (i.e. quick snack, full meal to load up for lunch, romantic dinner, fine dining or ?)...

Here are a few of our go to places that'll fit some of these purposes:
Burger bar as mentioned by previous poster, the one almost next to Katsu being our favorite (onion rings here are amazing).

Batavia has great valued and tasty food, no fine dining but well prepared and flavorful English / Dutch inspired food at very reasonable prices. Great beer, staff and clientele too, plus the best smokers lounge of the city.

De Klos has ribs to fucking die for and we hear told that the lamb shoulder should be great as well, they also do steaks and other nice stuff, killer dutch atmosphere too.

One of the markets for freshly made stroops, fresh fried chicken or fish, all sorts of tapas, anti pasti, meze or other such treats.

Ibericus on Haarlemmerstraat for a big selection of the most awesome of eats, jamon iberico (pata negra) - go there at your own risk..!

Many different cheese shops for some nice cheese t go with the ham.

Letting on Prinsensstraat for great breakfast, pancakes or just good coffee, shakes.

Bazaar by the AC market have good valued middle eastern / north African food and is good for a late breakfast, lunch er dinner. The specials are usually great for the money, as is their menu in general.

Food hallen for a bit pricey, but great and tempting selection of all kinds of food.

One of the many, many options for very good Indonesian, Surinamse, south African, Chinese or other international kitchens represented in the city...

Have fun and bong appetite!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
winnie

Post by winnie »

https://www.laplace.com/nl/locations/de ... bliotheek/

La Place on top of the public library near CS is worth a visit. There's a reasonable choice and the view from the terrace is great.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

For quick bites, I like van Dobben, near Rembrandtplein. Lunch counter atmosphere with the fijnest krokets in town. In and out and back on the straats.
Mokum Man

Post by Mokum Man »

Good stuff guys! Thanks!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

My go to every time we visit is:

Wust, next to Easy Times. Very good schnitzel that is 2nd only to another place in Vienna, and barely ahead of another place in Munich.

Winkel for a sandwich and apple pie. Winkel is near Noordermarkt in the Jordaan.

Carels both the one in the de Pijp area and the one near the Begjinhof. Great tomato soup. Great ribs.

I like a Turkish Pizza, too. Anywhere selling those will offer similar food. You can pick one up across from Wok to Walk on the little street from Amstel River leading to Rembrandtsplein.

Omelegg - City Center is great!

Greenwoods on Singel is great for breakfast, too.

I like The Butcher on Albert Cuyp. Everyone else likes the other Burger around the corner en route to Katsu, but I like The Butcher.

I also like to make my own lunch when walking around the Jordaan by purchasing cheese at a cheese shop,Kaasland Haarlemmerdijk, then going to Iberica on Haarlemmerstraat for nicely cured Spanish ham.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, IMO, beats going to Noordermarkt on a Sat. morning, buying bread, cheese, arugula, tomatoes, and mushrooms. My wife would kill for some pesto gouda right now on some good bread with some cherry tomatoes and arugula. I would add some mushrooms and lightly drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Will make you jump up and find religion!
Mokum Man

Post by Mokum Man »

Whoa whoa LLMREB you are making me salivate with those suggestions. Thank you so much and I will post of the places I eat at.
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

It's been several years since my last trip to A'dam, but Thai Bird Snackbar on Zeedijk was very tasty and reasonably priced. I hope that it's still a good place.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Breakfast: Letting, Gs, Ted's Brunch Corner, Broodje Bert's, Greenwoods, Bakers & Roasters

(semi) fine-dining: Lieve & Seasons

can't decide: De Foodhallen

Mexican: Los Pilones

Italian/Pizza: Bianco Latte, Caldi e Freddi, Pizza Bakkers, Da Portare Via

Indian: Tandoori Express (delivery use Thusibezorgd.nl)

Chinese: The New King, + Oriental Express or Sea Palace for Dim Sum.

Meat: De Klos, Loetje & Cannibal Royale.

Indonesian/Surinaams: Kantjil, Tjin's (next to Katsu)

Burgers: The Butcher, Burger Bar, Burger Meester, Burger Zaken

Spanish: Hollandaluz, Ibericus, La Oliva, Casa Bocage (Portuguese)

My lair: Batavia
matty223

Post by matty223 »

For tex mex try http://www.tomatillo.nl on the overtoom
Matty