Seafood

Restaurants and takeaways.
Comus

Seafood

Post by Comus »

i'm a gonna check this place out next week .... i'll file a report but it looks the bollox ... nom nom

https://www.theseafoodbar.com/home-en

I'm in shocks and stares
titus wong

Re: Seafood

Post by titus wong »

Got my eye on that one, too. Wife’s a fool for fresh oysters. Tried to go last year, but they were closed for renovation.

Also this one, in de Pijp:

http://brutdemer.nl/

They both look pricy, so we’ll have to see if we can fit one of them in.

Previous trip, we went to this place in de Jordaan, Which has a pretty high rating in Google maps.

https://tijgerendevis.nl/

It was very good, the seafood being very fresh as well as more budget-friendly. But the overall experience felt more like dining in a storefront than in an upscale restaurant. See if we can change that this year.

We also enjoyed a dozen fresh oysters dining al fresco at Albert Cuyp which made a nice change from stroopwafels and poffertjes. And of course, there was many a side trip to the numerous fish stores for kibbeling and haring broodjes.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Comus

Post by Comus »

they both look good too ... thanks
I'm in shocks and stares
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I love seafood. Thanks for the information, will have to try and look one of them up next April.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

John Dory - is worth a look, kinda upscale "molecular gastronomy" -esque approach to seafood. For the type of place it is, I'd say it's somewhat reasonably priced as well.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 9th Aug 2019 01:05 pm John Dory - is worth a look, kinda upscale "molecular gastronomy" -esque approach to seafood. For the type of place it is, I'd say it's somewhat reasonably priced as well.
Thanks NUGS16....will make a mental note of that restaurant too.

AzLaker
8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 9th Aug 2019 01:14 am I love seafood. Thanks for the information, will have to try and look one of them up next April.

AzLaker
8)
Next April! ,, i going to have to book a few days just to spill bong water on you again ( lol)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

matty223 wrote: Sun 18th Aug 2019 02:00 pm
AzLaker wrote: Fri 9th Aug 2019 01:14 am I love seafood. Thanks for the information, will have to try and look one of them up next April.

AzLaker
8)
Next April! ,, i going to have to book a few days just to spill bong water on you again ( lol)
We'll have to do it at Birdys again, to make it official. :lol: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 18th Aug 2019 02:24 pm
matty223 wrote: Sun 18th Aug 2019 02:00 pm

AzLaker
8)
We'll have to do it at Birdys again, to make it official. :lol: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Sounds good
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Comus wrote: Wed 7th Aug 2019 10:18 pm i'm a gonna check this place out next week .... i'll file a report but it looks the bollox ... nom nom

https://www.theseafoodbar.com/home-en
Did you happen to check the place out? Nice looking website. :D Prices are reasonable, when it comes to fish anyway.

Azlaker
8)
Comus

Post by Comus »

big thumbs up for this place .... seafood expertly cooked with a relaxed ambience, excellent service ... well worth the effort to go there
I'm in shocks and stares
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Comus wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 09:31 pm big thumbs up for this place .... seafood expertly cooked with a relaxed ambience, excellent service ... well worth the effort to go there
Thanks Comus, :clap: will Definitely hit this place up next April.

AzLaker
8)
Comus

Post by Comus »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 11:12 pm
Comus wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 09:31 pm big thumbs up for this place .... seafood expertly cooked with a relaxed ambience, excellent service ... well worth the effort to go there
Thanks Comus, :clap: will Definitely hit this place up next April.

AzLaker
8)
by the way, i went for the mixed grill and washed it down with the Chablis Domaine Fevre
I'm in shocks and stares
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

The mixed grill with tomato sauce does sound good. A little taste of everything.

AzLaker
8)
mdhfc

Post by mdhfc »

I've been here a few times now. Have had the Mixed Grill, Fritto Misto and Fruits de Mer. All tremendous.

The Good Companion at the bottom of Westerstraat does an excellent Fish & Chips for a good price and I went to the new place kind of opposite Rookies (not sure what it's called) in December.

Will be going back there in March (26 days and counting) as it was about £15 for Fish & Chips and it was a huge portion. Needed to go back to the hotel to nap it off before heading out for the evening's festivities.

I also went to De Silveren Spiegel (in 2009, the night I proposed to my wife) and had a beautiful cooked fish platter but they don't appear to do it anymore. And it was 11 years ago.