Subway

Restaurants and takeaways.
imcalledstu

Subway

Post by imcalledstu »

I know you can get subway EVERYWHERE, but I wanted to express my love for the subways in the dam!

I am a man of routine and I always get a 'Spicy Italian' ... When in the Dam I ordered one and to my great delight, they piled on the meat DOUBLE to what I usully get back home. How sweet is that?

what can I say, I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Anyone else got an opinions of subway in amsterdam?

Dude, Wait, What?

www.macafuck.com
Pala

Post by Pala »

I like the ones in Paris and Barcelona better.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Subway is fast becoming my favourite take away.

Althoguh i can think of a million better places to eat in B'fast than Subway.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

ok Jared.
Maccobicco

Post by Maccobicco »

I think Subway is crap. No matter where. Even when you are stoned. And the last point is hard to reach for food...
freeyourmind

Post by freeyourmind »

i´ve never been to the sub in amsterdam, but there have been serveral subways here in vienna. they have always served top quality and very fresh products. now there´s only one remaining. but i understand it, they have always been on the expensive side. i don´t see why i should pay 6€ and + for a sandwich, when you can buy in nearly every supermarket a sandwich with everything in it you want, also freshly made in front of you, for a minimum of the subway prices.

but i always have to buy a sub when i get close to the last shop standing, they are just delicous!
wwooh......4:20 again on my watch....
murphyscafe

Post by murphyscafe »

This stuff is the WORST food out there, part from febo!!!

did any1 see the documentry on fast food, it was on in the UK, cant remeber the channel, it showed that the foot long meatball sub had the same level of salt as 7 bags of salted crisps!!!
and dont get me started with there "fresh ingredience" , load of cow passage!

imho - its not worth ya money! better of with a local sandwich shop!
----------------
"Toke on John"
Boner

Post by Boner »

I was going to suggest Brodjie Bert @ Singel 321 but according to here: Clicky it's now closed!! :shock: anyone want to walk down the Singel and take a look?
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

A friend of mines parents have a Subway franchise in Wales. Subway advertise that it is all fresh. In reality, all ingredients come frozen or chilled from a central warehouse, and the store cannot use any locally bought produce. THIS includes all the salads, so they cannot even chop a cucumber!! wtf?? So next time, when you think its fresh, think again. All the meat comes frozen. the bread comes frozen unbaked and gets put in the oven. Go eat somewhere else
No Victim? No Crime.
cocobrova

Post by cocobrova »

Have to agree with the above statement that Subway is crap. I feel that it's as bad as KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and all those other fast food joints in terms of quality.
Saynt

Post by Saynt »

Yeah Subway is not what it used to be. Firehouse or Quizno's is much better. Not better than getting a sub from the local deli though.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

so you got double the shits?...id rather tilt a old dumpster over and drink the trash juice...just sayin...lol...happy whateverthis is...enjoy yer holidaze
rockin into the night
freeyourmind

Post by freeyourmind »

Ash333 wrote:A friend of mines parents have a Subway franchise in Wales. Subway advertise that it is all fresh. In reality, all ingredients come frozen or chilled from a central warehouse, and the store cannot use any locally bought produce. THIS includes all the salads, so they cannot even chop a cucumber!! wtf?? So next time, when you think its fresh, think again. All the meat comes frozen. the bread comes frozen unbaked and gets put in the oven. Go eat somewhere else
:shock:

you sure that´s the same everywhere? well the bread i´m sure is frozen but i remember seeing a poster at subway where it says that they are proud to serve fresh sandwiches made out of local products (meat, salad,..)....wierd......
also mcdonalds tries to build up a "fresh and healthy" image, also just using meat, salad, potatos from austria.
wwooh......4:20 again on my watch....
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

freeyourmind wrote:
Ash333 wrote:A friend of mines parents have a Subway franchise in Wales. Subway advertise that it is all fresh. In reality, all ingredients come frozen or chilled from a central warehouse, and the store cannot use any locally bought produce. THIS includes all the salads, so they cannot even chop a cucumber!! wtf?? So next time, when you think its fresh, think again. All the meat comes frozen. the bread comes frozen unbaked and gets put in the oven. Go eat somewhere else
:shock:

you sure that´s the same everywhere? well the bread i´m sure is frozen but i remember seeing a poster at subway where it says that they are proud to serve fresh sandwiches made out of local products (meat, salad,..)....wierd......
also mcdonalds tries to build up a "fresh and healthy" image, also just using meat, salad, potatos from austria.
It may be differnt outside the UK, but it was clearly explained to me by my friend that for the UK subways at least, it all comes prepacked from subways warehouse, and they can be randomly searched at any time by head office (being franchises) to check they're going along with this. I only remember this because once we were going to see a film, and had been past the supermarket first and my buddys mum/the franchisee couldnt let us leave a few bags of shopping in the back, but was happy for it go in her car... jst some food and drinks. madness
No Victim? No Crime.
highdro

Post by highdro »

i can back that up, i know of a subway franchise owner who says exactly the same , he wouldnt eat it.

its all processed cheese and meats and the salad stays fresh for days . hmmm. whens its delivered its meant to be quite a sight. what possible cut of the animal is that from?

the 400% profits are meant to be tasty though, in his words.