Sloterdijk

Getting there and getting around.
Fat_old_dwarf

Sloterdijk

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

It's cheaper to buy a train ticket to Centraal Station than take the 12 tram and change to anything. But if you try without a card, you have to pay a one-off €1 on top of the fare, which makes it more expensive. On the other hand, as I understand it, I can't use my GVB card on trains without having at least €20 on it.

There's no way round this, is there? I'll just have to put €20 on it. At least the top-up machines take notes, unlike the sodding train ticket machines.

winnie

Re: Sloterdijk

Post by winnie »

Bus 197 from B lane at Sciphol will have you in town for under 4 and no need for the minimum 20 on your card.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Bus 197 from B lane at Sciphol will have you in town for under 4
Think its a 5'er and only gets you to Marnix. (down the road from 1eHulp) - without a change at amstelveenweg.

Cannot recall it being mentioned before, and therefore should have mentioned it, but could i recommend the 9292 app. for anyone wanting to move swiftly about town by public transport while maybe not being fully focussed. Worth a look !

EDIT. Should have searched. Spidergawd highlighted it a year ago. Cheers Spider.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

But this is Sloterdijk, not Schiphol.

I know about 9292, but it doesn't tell me how to get round the surcharge for not using the card. I suspect there isn't a way.