Easiest way to get a week long chipkaart?

Getting there and getting around.
ZBeebs

Easiest way to get a week long chipkaart?

Post by ZBeebs »

Was last there in 2014, got one of those hard plastic cards for use on the trams. Absolutely no memory of where I got it, or how much.

So whats the easiest way to get one for 7 days? Is there a specific place to buy at Central Station, or somewhere else? Whats the cost?

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
ZBeebs

Re: Easiest way to get a week long chipkaart?

Post by ZBeebs »

Took a minute to google it and apparently there's a GVB office at central station, not what I remember but I can get a paper card there. Is there a better way, or a better deal?
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

If you are flying in, you can get one at the I Amsterdam tourist shop at Schippol (also good for train tickets!). They don't put a surcharge on, and you don't have to work out how to use the machine!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

GVB day ticket or multi-day ticket

Going for a day out in Amsterdam or staying for a few days in this beautiful city? Then a day ticket or multi-day ticket is the best choice.

One to seven days

The card is there for 1 to 7 days. For children 4 to 11 years there is the very economical children's day ticket.

The GVB day or multi-day tickets allows you to travel at the hours of your own convenience without any limitation throughout Amsterdam, day and night, on the bus, tram, and metro. The day ticket is valid for 24 hours after you first check in.

Note: these tickets are only valid in GVB metros, trams, and buses. Thus, these are not valid in the regional buses of Connexxion and EBS or on the train.

The child day ticket is only available as a paper chip ticket. The 1 to 7 day tickets are available as paper chip tickets, but can also be purchased as a travel product on the anonymous or personal OV-chipkaart.
Day/multi-day ticket details
Day/multi-day ticket details for children

Available where?

•GVB Tickets & Info: all variants

GVB Tickets & Info kiosk

You are most welcome at GVB Tickets & Info where we will provide you with all the information you need about public transportation in Amsterdam.

We have information about all travel products and travel passes, route maps, and timetable for all GVB routes in all of Amsterdam.

Woman buying ticket at the counter.

Addresses and opening hrs

My Choice

GVB Tickets & Info, Stationsplein Central Station:
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 21:00 and
Saturday and Sunday: 08:00 - 21:00.

GVB Tickets & Info, Station Bijlmer ArenA:
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:00 and
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00

GVB Tickets & Info, Station Lelylaan
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:00
Saturday and Sunday: closed

GVB Tickets & Info, Station Zuid
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:00
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00

•GVB Tickets & Info: all variants

•GVB Service Points: all variants

•GVB webshop: 1 through 4 day ticket

•Tram: 1- day and 2-day tickets (24 and 48 hour validity) and child day ticket

•Ticket vending machines in metro stations: 1 through 4 day ticket (no child ticket)

The GVB day or multi-day ticket permits unlimited travel in Amsterdam on all GVB trams, buses and metros, both day and night, for the number of hours that best fits your plans.

The ticket becomes valid on first check in.
.Where can you travel?: all of Amsterdam When can you travel?: 24 hours (all day and all night)Transport company:
GVB.Full-tariff price (The fares) :

€7.50Period of validity: 1 day (24 hours)
€12.50Period of validity: 2 days (48 hours)
€17.00Period of validity: 3 days (72 hours)
€ 22.00Period of validity: 4 days (96 hours)
€ 27.00Period of validity: 5 days (120 hours)
€31.00Period of validity: 6 days (144 hours)
€34.00Period of validity: 7 days (168 hours)
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I like the way they include a picture of a woman buying a ticket at the counter. Very helpful for readers who've never seen a ticket, or a counter, or a woman.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:I like the way they include a picture of a woman buying a ticket at the counter. Very helpful for readers who've never seen a ticket, or a counter, or a woman.
At least we know it's a happy experience that leads to many happy experiences! :D :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

ZBeebs wrote:Was last there in 2014, got one of those hard plastic cards for use on the trams. Absolutely no memory of where I got it, or how much.
If you still have that hard plastic card, just take it with you and load it up on those machines like any public transport card, either for single journeys or a day/multiday pass. But you probably haven't.