Tram to Van Gogh

Getting there and getting around.
Vinnie Vegas

Tram to Van Gogh

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

What Tram do you take from CS to get to Van Gogh Museum? Thank you.....

choppermike

Re: Tram to Van Gogh

Post by choppermike »

2 or 5
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Vinnie Vegas

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

Thanks Chopper Mike.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

choppermike wrote: Tue 4th Apr 2017 05:50 pm2 or 5
5 to Van Gogh

Very simple, but I remember in hindsight how challenging it seemed at the time.

I had tripped a couple of times during my High School years. Based on a couple of those experiences
I was hesitant at first to try truffles in Amsterdam. This was based mostly on how incomprehensible Dutch
language street signs were (at first), and my ensuing fear of getting hopelessly lost while tripping.

By my 4 trip, I was much more comfortable with the city, it's layout and to some extent the Dutch
language so I decided to make a go of it and visit the Van Gogh museum.

By this time, my Bulldog lounge bartender friend has moved on to budtender at the former AbraxasII, so
it was from here that I planned to begin my trip. I went over when they opened and had the place to myself.
I ate my truffles and as they began to kick in I really appreciated the location which was tiled in mosaics that
included many mirrored tiles. This made for some amazing visuals as the hallucinogens took effect.

A little 'lost in Amsterdam' paranoia kicked in too, but my friend assured me, over and over, that I could
easily walk around the corner, catch the 5 tram and make it to the Van Gogh. Eventually I mustered up the
courage. A tram came and I boarded and paid the fare to Van Gogh Museum. I was compelled to tell her I was
tripping and asked her to remind me when we got there. Her unphased response was beautiful and assured me
I was in the best place on the planet in my condition.

The museum was simply amazing, what a great way to experience the mastery of Van Gogh.

5 to Van Gogh

Very simple, but I remember in hindsight how challenging it seemed at the time.
He who tries to shine dims his own light